Injury Latest

Muff

RANGERS are waiting for the results of a scan on vital defender Davie Weir as they begin to make their preparations for Thursday's UEFA Cup semi-final 2nd leg in Florence.

The influential centre back had to come off at Parkhead yesterday with a groin problem and the Murray Park medical team sent him to hospital to be checked.

They are awaiting results of that test, but at this distance Weir is still a major doubt for the return with Fiorentina.

Rangers managed to win 2-0 in Lisbon without him in the last round, but clearly his experience in a game of this stature would be huge.

The news on Steven Davis is better in that his groin injury is not as bad as first feared but the medical team will see how things settle down in the next couple of days.

Charlie Adam, meanwhile, is seeing a consultant tonight about his injured knee while DaMarcus Beasley has moved up a level in his training, although he is not yet in full training with the rest of the squad.

Cuellar and Weir did well together in Lisbon so I wouldn't be too worried. I'd prefer Dailly in the midfield tho.

I wonder if Beasley will be pushed?

Cuellar and Weir did well together in Lisbon so I wouldn't be too worried. I'd prefer Dailly in the midfield tho.

wasnt it dailly and cueller at the back in lisbon?

Can't see DMB being pushed into firing line. We have Novo, Whittaker, Darcheville, Davies, Buffel and Gow - all of them can play wide midfield. Burke may also be fit before end of season (I think). No way will a guy who isn't even training with first team be used.

If his Knee is strong enough and the physio are happy can see him taking a place on the bench

beasley is not even training with the 1st team at the moment

Can't see DMB being pushed into firing line. We have Novo, Whittaker, Darcheville, Davies, Buffel and Gow - all of them can play wide midfield. Burke may also be fit before end of season (I think). No way will a guy who isn't even training with first team be used.

Davis mate

:rangers: