WGS

He wished Walter, Ally, Kenny & the players all the best.......................... "but thats it, I just want to make it clear just the back room staff & the players"

What a poisonous wee runt he is, I was saying to the wife how dignified he was for a change & yet again he ruined it.

:willy:

He wished Walter, Ally, Kenny & the players all the best.......................... "but thats it, I just want to make it clear just the back room staff & the players"

What a poisonous wee runt he is, I was saying to the wife how dignified he was for a change & yet again he ruined it.

:willy:

got a scource/link jr ?

This a wee bit of the interview I seen & they miss a wee bit out, probably cause its inflammatory

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_3510000,00.html

Strachan praises Gers

Bhoys boss applauds Old Firm rivals

Last updated: 2nd May 2008

BEST PRICED TREBLE

SPL Treble - Celtic, St Mirren and Inverness all to win - 7/2

Place your first bet and we'll match it up to £20!

Click here for ALL enhanced multiples.

Strachan: Praise for Old Firm rivals

Related links

Teams

Celtic

Also see

SPL fixtures

SPL table

SPL stats

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has saluted his Old Firm counterpart Walter Smith for guiding Rangers to the Uefa Cup final.

Rangers reached their first European final in 36 years with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Fiorentina in Florence, and will face Dick Advocaat's Zenit St Petersburg at the City of Manchester Stadium on 14th May.

Celtic are still embroiled in a battle with Rangers for the SPL title but Strachan took time off from preparing his side for the trip to Motherwell to acknowledge Rangers' historic achievement.

Strachan said: "It is a fantastic achievement for the lads and Walter especially.

"I know Walter well and he is a friend.

"I am only happy for the coaching staff and the players - get that right - because I know how much hard work they have had to put in to get to this stage and they really should be proud of themselves.

"If we can't beat them in a competition then there is nothing we can do about it.

Successful

"We weren't in that competition and they have been very successful.

"And it's good for Scottish football, the profile is higher and it helps us to get further up the Uefa rankings."

Strachan was reluctant to reveal if he had sent any congratulatory texts or messages to Smith, saying: "If I have then it has been in private and no-one needs to know about it."

Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley also acknowledged the Ibrox side's feat by saying: "It's a fantastic achievement to get to a Uefa Cup final. They've had some tough games."

Saw that on the news last night. Why go to the bother of saying that its only to Walter, Ally, Kenny & the players. Surely its easier to just say good luck to Rangers??? wanker.

Saw that on the news last night. Why go to the bother of saying that its only to Walter, Ally, Kenny & the players. Surely its easier to just say good luck to Rangers??? wanker.

Exactly George it really annoyed me & was unnecessary

I also liked the wee dig "we never entered that competition"

FFS ya wee dick get tae fuck, yir teams pish & the only reason you've still got a minute chance is cos we're still in 3 competitions

Thing is when he was down here, he was kinda smart and funny, now he's a snipe-nosed f*ckpig with all the charm of a rattlesnake in a maternity ward.

He didn't even have to say 'rangers' he could have just said 'them' but he had to be a tw@ and single out the staff from the fans.

They say you get shorter as you get older, hopefully the primordial dwarf will disappear altogether by 2010.

To be fair he is on borrowed time with the Greatest Fans in the World and so to come out and bum up Rangers would have been the final nail in his coffin and I think he realised that, and they will have lapped that up. Whereas we have European Finals to keep us going, they only have wee media digs like that to look forward to.

It was his comment -

Successful

"We weren't in that competition and they have been very successful.

Implying that we have only been successful cos they arent in the competition - :rolleyes: