Train chaos predicted.....

Frankie

i have done Frankie mate, we have now received a full refund and are going in the car 7pm Tuesday, so a extra night in Blackpool :rangers:

Total f*cker!

I can only get the Wednesday and Thursday morning off and had booked the train. The girl assured me that sufficient extra carriages would be added if necessary. Guess I'll have to check out more adventurous routes. Might have to go via another UK airport. Hope the Isle of Man isn't my best option!!!! :ohmy: Seen enough of that shithole.

Total f*cker!

I can only get the Wednesday and Thursday morning off and had booked the train. The girl assured me that sufficient extra carriages would be added if necessary. Guess I'll have to check out more adventurous routes. Might have to go via another UK airport. Hope the Isle of Man isn't my best option!!!! :ohmy: Seen enough of that shithole.

Fuck you arsehole !.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

There's something wrong with you people.

Shocking that you can buy tickets for a train, yet not be certain of actually being allowed onto the train.

I was a bit worried about getting the bus down because of traffic on the road, and had considered getting the train, but I'm glad I'm not now.

Don't matter what transport you take, trains'nboats'nplanes it's goin to be gridlock especially the roads, Manchester road area is a nightmare at the best of times so if your drivin expect chaos ! The buses alone will fcuk it up ! :sherlock:

I've got a train ticket for the Wednesday morning at 8.10am. I was afraid this might happen as I couldn't reserve a seat. We'll have to just get there mega-early and try and queue. I'd like to avoid taking the car if possible.

Bugger

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

Who, the Manx ? - no arguement there from me on that point, I'm Scottish, but the Isle of Man is far, very far, from being a "shithole".

Anybody looking for reserved seats on the trains?

I have four train tickets for Wednesday, due to pals pulling out, details are;

Glasgow to Manchester 14th May

Depart Glasgow Central - 07:45

Arrive Warrington Bank Quay - 10:52

(Virgin Trains)

Depart Warrington Bank Quay - 11:19

Arrive Manchester Piccadily - 12:10

(Arriva Wales Trains)

Manchester to Glasgow 15th May

Depart Manchester Piccadily - 09:16

Arrive Warrington Bank Quay - 09:49

(Arriva Wales)

Depart Warrington Bank Quay - 10:13

Arrive Glasgow Central - 13:32

(Virgin Trains)

All the seats are reserved seat numbers, and the total cost of the return journey is £41.10.

If anyone is interested let me know via PM or e-mail me; neilstonsveryown@hotmail.com

I've posted this on a separate thread as well.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

Who, the Manx ? - no arguement there from me on that point, I'm Scottish, but the Isle of Man is far, very far, from being a "shithole".

I hated it. Nothing to do, few decent pubs to go to. I had do talk myself out of a job in order to get out of there, else pay back the relocation. I was working with a bunch of social incompetents, yes manx. The Scots, Irish and English and some of the Manx were fine. Unfortunately, I got landed with a pair of Manx clowns.

Hope I never see the place again.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

I hated it. Nothing to do, few decent pubs to go to. I had do talk myself out of a job in order to get out of there, else pay back the relocation. I was working with a bunch of social incompetents, yes manx. The Scots, Irish and English and some of the Manx were fine. Unfortunately, I got landed with a pair of Manx clowns.

So what can you do where you live now that you couldn't on the Isle of Man apart from skiing or going to Ibrox ?.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

So what can you do where you live now that you couldn't on the Isle of Man apart from skiing or going to Ibrox ?.

Get direct flights to anywhere in the world, pop into any of several cities for an afternoon/evening, see new people and not the same old faces in the same pubs and everywhere else, visit museums and get a decent choice of gigs.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

Get direct flights to anywhere in the world, pop into any of several cities for an afternoon/evening, see new people and not the same old faces in the same pubs and everywhere else, visit museums and get a decent choice of gigs.

What did you expect coming to an Island of about 80K inhabitants, mostly over 50 yrs of age in the middle of the Irish Sea, maybe you confused it with Bermuda ?

I suspect you just didn't like the night-life and didn't get a shag !. Surprising because the place is full of sluts - that's why we have no prostitues - the women give it away for free - except - of course - my sister, she is a good girl and only got pregnant by sitting on a dirty toilet seat !. Anyway, sorry you didn't like the place, but I do (especially not having to pay a single penny in Income Tax - fucking excellent !). Maybe if you visit again, you can get in touch and I will show you around, there is plenty to do and loads of great pubs and clubs, you just need to know where to go.

See you in MaDchester mate - have a good one.

Total f*cker!

Fuck you arsehole !.

What did you expect coming to an Island of about 80K inhabitants, mostly over 50 yrs of age in the middle of the Irish Sea, maybe you confused it with Bermuda ?

I suspect you just didn't like the night-life and didn't get a shag !. Surprising because the place is full of sluts - that's why we have no prostitues - the women give it away for free - except - of course - my sister, she is a good girl and only got pregnant by sitting on a dirty toilet seat !. Anyway, sorry you didn't like the place, but I do (especially not having to pay a single penny in Income Tax - fucking excellent !). Maybe if you visit again, you can get in touch and I will show you around, there is plenty to do and loads of great pubs and clubs, you just need to know where to go.

See you in MaDchester mate - have a good one.

Got laid on my first night. There were a few others after that, mainly scouse girls, one of whom had lived there quite a while and a couple of Eastern European girls. I knocked back the Manx girls including the plump one from work, who was virtually begging for it everytime I saw her out at night. I thought that when you went out it there were far more blokes than women, and most of the women were taken, but that didn't matter since, as you say, they're slappers. I still preferred the mainland and Eastern European girls.

A guy I knew suggested we should go get some hookers after a work's night out, so there are some there. Think I spotted a few in that club at the Hilton who were strangely youthful and gorgeous for the old fat geezers they were with and their sense of dress would tend to confirm that suspicion. Also, the son of one of the women I went out with pointed out a table of "Oriental hookers" as he called them, which caused me to cringe since his mum was half-Chinese and not exactly shy. Sometimes people seem unaware of the full meaning of what they say.

I paid a fair bit of tax in 6 months, but still less than in the UK, although I did get a fair whack of it back.

I just felt it was too "wee" and repetitive and the weather was worse than Scotland with perpetual gales and torrential rain. I need a bit more mental stimulation and social life.

I knew all this before I went but thought I'd try it to see if I could adapt because it was good money for me at the time, partly due to the tax. The Channel Islands may have been better for weather, life and money but the Manx one came out of the blue and like a Manx slapper, fell into my lap. Anyway, with the current Pound Euro rates, I'm considering Holland since they're IT sector is still very strong, I speak the language, though that's not always essential there, and like the lifestyle, plus you're a short drive away from about 5 other countries and can get back to family more easily than from the IOM.

Well I suppose everyone has different ideas of what they want from where they live. The IOM does get a bit miserable in winter, sure, that's why there are so many alcoholics here !. I was born in Fife, left home at 15 and came here. Worked on the building sites for a couple of years and then joined the Poice.

Left here in 1990, went to live in Glasgow (which was shit - just my opinion) 3 cars stolen in one year and constant fear of being jumped when walking around at night. Came back here after my wife passed away with my 5 yr old daughter in 2003 and haven't regretted a minute of it. Im 42 now so the "night-life" is not of any great interest now (been there, seen it all !). However, there is nowhere else I would live now especially bringing up a young child on my own.

Like everywhere else, the IOM has a level of crime, but, compared to UK it is virtually non-existent. We have the occassional murder but they are always "domestic" or friends falling type of killings.

There's plenty of money sloshing around and in my business (building contractor) if you work hard the benefits are superb. Getting on and off the IOM can be expensive, but, when I travel overseas, I can fly to Glasgow Airport for a connecting flight from here faster than my family in Scotland can drive to Glasgow Airport. So, its not such a big problem.

Anyway, Im starting to waffle now because Im fucked !. Oh, before I forget, my last girlfriend (South African) who is now back in Johannesburg - spoke Aafrikans and Dutch (or Flemish or whatever its called !). It was mental listening to her on the phone when she called home !.

Take care - and enjoy MaDchester (if your'e going !) or even if your not.

Well I suppose everyone has different ideas of what they want from where they live. The IOM does get a bit miserable in winter, sure, that's why there are so many alcoholics here !. I was born in Fife, left home at 15 and came here. Worked on the building sites for a couple of years and then joined the Poice.

Left here in 1990, went to live in Glasgow (which was shit - just my opinion) 3 cars stolen in one year and constant fear of being jumped when walking around at night. Came back here after my wife passed away with my 5 yr old daughter in 2003 and haven't regretted a minute of it. Im 42 now so the "night-life" is not of any great interest now (been there, seen it all !). However, there is nowhere else I would live now especially bringing up a young child on my own.

Like everywhere else, the IOM has a level of crime, but, compared to UK it is virtually non-existent. We have the occassional murder but they are always "domestic" or friends falling type of killings.

There's plenty of money sloshing around and in my business (building contractor) if you work hard the benefits are superb. Getting on and off the IOM can be expensive, but, when I travel overseas, I can fly to Glasgow Airport for a connecting flight from here faster than my family in Scotland can drive to Glasgow Airport. So, its not such a big problem.

Anyway, Im starting to waffle now because Im fucked !. Oh, before I forget, my last girlfriend (South African) who is now back in Johannesburg - spoke Aafrikans and Dutch (or Flemish or whatever its called !). It was mental listening to her on the phone when she called home !.

Take care - and enjoy MaDchester (if your'e going !) or even if your not.

Cheers mate. (tu)

Sorry to hear about your wife. Life can be cruel.

I do agree the crime rate is good for bringing up kids, but I always felt that Manx people were quite parochial and that if I had kids, when they got a bit older, I'd prefer them to get a bit more culture and be near a city.

Manchester's iffy for me now, but I live in hope. However, victory is the priority. I'll be happy however it comes, wherever I am. It'll be great to see it happen and go ahead on the Euro trophy count in Scotland. I think Cup Winners and UEFA trumps Cup Winner and Super Cup for Aberdeen since the latter is a one off game.