*** The Official PreMatch Analysis***

nvager

Rangers vs Dundee United at Ibrox Stadium, Saturday May 10, 2008. Kick-Off 12:30 PM

Celtic sit at the top of the SPL with 83 points from 36 games. We trail by 4 points, but have two games in hand. They have a goal difference of +7, compared to us, so we need to win every game and score as many goals as possible. We really must win every game.

This again is CRUNCH TIME. Another in a series of matches where we simply have to win them all. If we win tomorrow, will put pressure on Celtic. It was the same at the Motherwell game on Wednesday and it will be the same for every game until we finish our schedule. It is simply MUST WIN TIME.

The catch here is that we have a BIG European Final to play on Wednesday, BUT the players cannot even think of that for now. This game takes priority. Every game we play is then the priority. One game at a time. We cannot do anything else.

What will Walter do? What can he do?

My guess is he plays two up front again. A team similar to the one that played Motherwell, but Cousin will replace JCD.

My thoughts are he will play Alexander, Whittaker Cuellar, Weir and Papac, Novo/ Davis, Ferguson, Thomson, Adam, Boyd, Cousin with Lee McCulloch and JCD as substitutes. DMB - will he be utilized this season? - a big question mark. He could be a wild card for Walter at one point.

All games this season vs Dundee United have been really tough and this one will be nail biting unless we get off to a fast start. They have always gone one ahead of us recently in games.. It would be nice to jump on top of them and get an early goal or two. Dundee United are playing for their place in Europe too. This will be a really hard fought game. It will toughen us up for Wednesday night.

There is not too much to say. We are short-handed and in a situation where only a win will do. A draw is of no use whatsoever. Walter knows this. The players know this. So we should be in for a great match. Rangers should be really up for this. We cannot afford anything but 120% from each player, but we will get it. We will win.

I predict a very exciting game that we will win by two goals - Rangers 2 - 0 Dundee United.

What a week this could be!!

one of our toughest games left. Dundee utd have taken a lot of points off us in the past and we were lucky to beat them in the cis cup final. I dont care how we do it and i dont care how many goals we score we simply MUST win this one to put the pressure back on celtic, just a shame we hadnt beaten hibs then winning tomorrow would have taken us back to the top of the league and that would have really put the pressure on them! I will be happy with a 1-0 win.

I concur. :) We've got to expect a very tough game. The fans will have to be patient and right behind the team again.

I wonder if Dailly will get a run (probably as a holding midfielder)?