Big screen been off since start of game just been called.

davy1shoe

if there indeed was trouble, i don't care if the screens broke down theres no need to cause trouble.

to those who did, just GTF

Well said mate, some of us are the people, some of us are part time glory hunters and amateur drinkers!

i seen the vid but thankfully on bbc the police are saying it was only minor.

Shame for all the bears who missed the match due to technical difficulties, hope they managed to get to other screens

To be fair to the BBC correspondent at the scene, he does show a great deal of sympathy towards our fans and the frustration of the screen not working. So I applaud them for fair coverage of the incident in that clip.

However, to those fans that caused trouble.........complete and utter arseholes. I don't care if they wear our colours, are season ticket holders, how far they have travelled, the money they have spent.....they are not real fans, and I have no time for any lame excuses or finger pointing. When you are down there representing our club, you have a responsibility, and too many have let themselves, the club and their fellow supporters down tonight. If there is trouble brewing, you walk away........unfortunately, particularly with a drink in them, you get certain types of people who seem to almost relish conflict.

It's been a tremendous journey in europe this season, and I'm so proud of the players, management and overwhelming majority of our supporters. It's just a real shame that an embarrassing minority may take the shine off what we have achieved and dominate the headlines tomorrow, rather than the football and the carnival atmosphere the great fans managed to create :(

Fucking disgraceful. I can't even begin to explain how embarrassed and ashamed I am to see that footage. Wankers, pure and simple.

What does this mean?

this means im sayin what your sayin

Fucking disgraceful. I can't even begin to explain how embarrassed and ashamed I am to see that footage. Wankers, pure and simple.

What does this mean?

this means im sayin what your sayin

Well in that case no bother! (tu)

Has the fish returned ;)

Maybe its early, but, I dont fucking understand that comment?

The Fish was an idiot (amongst other things) who used to post here but got banned.

The vast majority of fans simply walked away when the screens didn't work, a message came up on the screen saying "go to the velodrome there are 2 large screens there", but by this time the mongalongs had started to throw bottles. We got out of there as quickly as possible.

The problem was exacerbated by the fact they had virtually stopped letting people in pubs as well, so it wasn't like you could just go and watch it on a telly, there were thousands walking round with nowhere to see the game.

We just got on the first train out of the city and watched the last half hour in a pub in swinton about 5 miles away.