Rangers fans tonight

I am stopping in at my Dads house tonight in Blackpool after going to Piciddily gardens to watch the game on the big screens. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...On the march up everything was fine. Plenty of singing and celebrating reaching the final. When I got into the square it was ok as well (around 5pm) but what followed was 2 differen't fights between our own supporters, including launching glass bottles from close range.

Before kick off some guy came over and pissed where a young family were standing (things were getting really crowded then)

I also seen some one do a shit and not even wipe his arse man.

The place was stinkin of peoples piss and beer....the ground was sticky.

5 minutes into the game and still no picture on the screens...and my 13 year old cousin gets hit on the back with a can of beer. Bottles were also thrown and I decided to get ourselves out of there ASAP.

So I missed the majority of the game...my trip was ruined. And although manchester dissapointed us that they couldn't get their fucking screens working, the blame for my ruined trip lies with the "fans"

What are these people thinking when they throw bottles at their own fans because a screen isn't working?

Arseholes.

Those fans are a disgrace for throwing bottles that hit other Rangers fans. Hope it's on their conscience forever and they get reprimanded for it.

Remember the overall majority were fine though.

so its a good enough excuse for fans to act like spoiled kids? no chance fuckin idiots have disgraced us,we should be able to go anywhere without this moronic element causing shit like this,ffs we'd propably have been comended afterwards for the way the fans have behaved in the games previous,letting us down big time :(

Fooled by what mate. Anyone who was there would tell you the exact same thing. I've never seen anything like it. I actually wanted to leave an hour before the game started after seeing the 1st fight. Fans climbed the fence to sit ontop of this tent-like building and were hit by cans and bottles by fans for not going in the main entrance.

The only reason I stayed was cos I promised the boys that we'd see the game in Manchester.

This was supposed to be the friendly final and some couples had brought their kids down. One of the bottles just missed a 6 year old boy.

Feck's sake m8, are you honestly surprised that there would be rogue elements in a crowd of 200,000?! If you experienced a hard time, I honestly feel badly for you and anyone with you that saw this ugly behaviour, but don't be so bloody naiive and don't tar the majority who behaved well with the same brush. This is football! Like it or not, there are absolute idiots in every team's support, including ours.

Am Fuckin out raged with the behaviour of some rangers fans who only spoil it for themselfs but for the other true blues too. They should be on cctv though so i say ban them all involved for life coz they will bring the club down which is not right .

Bring on the treble:)

P.s Davey i tottaly agree with u m8 too

100,000 Fans,

do you think they were all gonna que up for the pisser?

A fucking joke of a comment. There's such a thing as common decency. Some of those fans were disgraceful tonight, the footage is there for all to see on various websites. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is a blinkered idiot.

100,000 Fans,

do you think they were all gonna que up for the pisser?

A fucking joke of a comment. There's such a thing as common decency. Some of those fans were disgraceful tonight, the footage is there for all to see on various websites. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is a blinkered idiot.

Exactly Shnolly.

ricksen did you expect them all queue up for riots .

They fans can fuck right off . Fighting with each other, not caring about Rangers Reputation at all . Fuck them.

Sad to hear about this

Im sickened to be part of this Rangers support

brutal

The fact that his is your whopping 9th post tells me all I need to know, "Braveheart".

I highly doubt you are a part of this support, as you claim.

GTF back to "Paradise".

Whilst I wasnt there and obviously I dont know the details but the BBC reports "the vast majority of supporters have behaved impeccably and came to Manchester clearly intent on enjoying the carnival atmosphere". The fact the big screens didnt come on was bound to cause problems. Every club has its arse holes and whilst yes they all should be punished you always get some...

Sad to hear about this

brutal

The fact that his is your whopping 9th post tells me all I need to know, "Braveheart".

GTF back to "Paradise".

Doesn't mean the guy's a Tim just because he was disgusted at an element of the Rangers support tonight for fuck sake. I've been supporting Rangers for 20 years and I don't think i've ever been so angry. Get onto the BBC website if you want to see for yourself. It almost resembles the England fans in the 70s/80s some of it, absolutely disgraceful.

Sad to hear about this

brutal

GTF back to "Paradise".

Doesn't mean the guy's a Tim just because he was disgusted at an element of the Rangers support tonight for fuck sake. I've been supporting Rangers for 20 years and I don't think i've ever been so angry. Get onto the BBC website if you want to see for yourself. It almost resembles the England fans in the 70s/80s some of it, absolutely disgraceful.

Sorry if I'm a tad sceptical, but there have been far too many of these Moses-McNeil-"I'm-so-disgusted-with-this"-under-10-post bits of crap written on here since the game ended. As I said, it sickens me too that they drag our team's name through the mud but look at the numbers that were there and tell me it wasn't inevitable that some would act up. These are well-oiled football supporters, not fans of figure skating.

May be sickening, but it is reality.

I am stopping in at my Dads house tonight in Blackpool after going to Piciddily gardens to watch the game on the big screens. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...On the march up everything was fine. Plenty of singing and celebrating reaching the final. When I got into the square it was ok as well (around 5pm) but what followed was 2 differen't fights between our own supporters, including launching glass bottles from close range.

Before kick off some guy came over and pissed where a young family were standing (things were getting really crowded then)

I also seen some one do a shit and not even wipe his arse man.

The place was stinkin of peoples piss and beer....the ground was sticky.

5 minutes into the game and still no picture on the screens...and my 13 year old cousin gets hit on the back with a can of beer. Bottles were also thrown and I decided to get ourselves out of there ASAP.

So I missed the majority of the game...my trip was ruined. And although manchester dissapointed us that they couldn't get their fucking screens working, the blame for my ruined trip lies with the "fans"

What are these people thinking when they throw bottles at their own fans because a screen isn't working?

Arseholes.

I can't say I believe any of this, unless of course they were timposters on a jolly

Didn't see any trouble in the Albert Square fanzone AT ALL.

Once outside, the folk causing trouble had scars of Chelsea smiles, historical broken jaws and random scars all over, in short, fucking neds.

About the pissing in the street, it wasn't til I was leaving that I saw a line of portaloos outside the Albert Square fanzone. No signs, nothing.

No matchday stewards organising things, no pubs open after the game to qwell the surge of folk heading home.

It was a shambles.

It all could have been better if the manchester police and council actually did something during the day instead of waiting till it got out of hand then all the sudden throw in riot police. I could count on 1 hand the amount of police i seen today and i was there since 9! Truly a disaster waiting to happen. Manchester shame on you!

I sincerely question the bona fides of this thread / post. Do not be fooled !

some folk need to take their blue tinted specs off and accept that most of the accounts of events are honest observations

yes, there will be wind up merchants but the vast majority of the stories on this, and other boards, will be a true record of what happended

the make up of rangers fans is no different to that in society, ie there will be an element of moronic arseholes

bottom line is when you get so many people crammed into one area there will be problems, add drink and its a firecracker waiting to go off and the faulty screen lit the fuse

HOWEVER, there is absolutely no defence for what happened: as the topic posted stated there were bottles and cans, full cans at that, being thrown amongst the fans

a full can of beer launched 40 feet up into the air will have the same effect as a lobbed brick on the poor bastard on the receiving end

i saw one guy launch a f*cking back pack with cans in it high into the crowd, and all of this happened BEFORE it became obvious that the screen wasnt working

these are fellow rangers fans for christ sake

as for taking a piss, there was little option as Manchester authorities thought it would be a good idea to stick the portaloos all in the one corner at Picadilly Gardens, instead of placing them at each corner - and just to make matters worse the location they did choose was right next to one of the busy entry points

given it was taking an hour and a half to get to the bogs folk had little choice but to relieve themselves but this is where the morons set themselves apart

any decent human being, sober or not, would try and be descrete, use your flag or borrow someones or get your mates to cover you while you piss into an empty bottle that way you're:

a. not waving your cock about when there are women and children around and

b. your not splashing urine over fellow supporters

empty or discard the bottle discretely - not ideal i know but better than disgracing yourself in public

its all about doing the right thing and unfortunately some havent got a clue how to conduct themselves and have little regard for others

conditions and circumstance weren't great but we've let ourselves down big time and i for one am extremely disappointed

thursday's headlines should have been all about the football team AND not the fans

hard lines Walter and the lads, your efforts were greatly appreciated, its a pity an element of the support lack your dignity