Rangers legends win in China!

Boab

Gers Provide A Masters Class

A squad of Rangers 'veterans' proved they are still Simply The Best when they travelled to the Far East and were victorious in the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens Masters Tournament.

The Rangers All Stars, as they were known, featured Derek Ferguson, Mark Walters, Andy Goram, Gordon Durie, Dave McPherson, Ian Ferguson, Scott Nisbet, John Brown and Gary McSwegan.

The tournament started on Friday, May 23 and the former Ibrox stars hit the ground running with a sensational 2-0 Group D win over a Yau Lee League Select side, the seven minute games clearly suiting the boys in Light Blue!

Further victories from their section against Shanghai Shooters (1-0), Kowloon Cricket Club (3-0) and Blake Garden (6-1) took the Ibrox legends through to the quarter-final stage on Sunday.

A 1-0 win against the hosts, the Hong Kong Football Club Masters, and another 2-0 triumph over Team Bondi secured a place in the ten-minute final and Mel Hood Rangers All Stars in Hong KongAll Stars were to suffer a 3-0 thrashing as Rangers lifted the trophy in style.

The club also sent a squad of under-18 players to compete in the prestigious Hong Kong Philips Lighting International Soccers Sevens Youth Tournament which was held alongside the Masters event.

The Murray Park starlets beat Group D opponents Shanghai Shooters (2-0), Eastleigh (2-0) and Happy Valley (1-0) to reach the last eight stage.

A 2-0 over Yau Lee Select clinched a semi-final place against Old Firm rivals Celtic but a 1-0 defeat in a typically hard fought game took the Hoops through to the final where they lost 2-0 to Premiership side Aston Villa.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1320375,00.html

When did McSwegan become a legend??????

Could say the same about another 1 or 2 but I'd say most of the team that travelled could be considered legends.

Could say the same about another 1 or 2 but I'd say most of the team that travelled could be considered legends.

Lol, Durie - MCSwegan? haha Just thought it was so funny to see him there

Legend for scoring 1 goal! haha

Was enjoying that article till it mentioned them :lol:

Maybe we can use this as a springboard to raise our publicity in China and have a look at some potential Oriental stars.

(tu) heres hoping

Gers Provide A Masters Class

A squad of Rangers 'veterans' proved they are still Simply The Best when they travelled to the Far East and were victorious in the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens Masters Tournament.

The Rangers All Stars, as they were known, featured Derek Ferguson, Mark Walters, Andy Goram, Gordon Durie, Dave McPherson, Ian Ferguson, Scott Nisbet, John Brown and Gary McSwegan.

The tournament started on Friday, May 23 and the former Ibrox stars hit the ground running with a sensational 2-0 Group D win over a Yau Lee League Select side, the seven minute games clearly suiting the boys in Light Blue!

Further victories from their section against Shanghai Shooters (1-0), Kowloon Cricket Club (3-0) and Blake Garden (6-1) took the Ibrox legends through to the quarter-final stage on Sunday.

A 1-0 win against the hosts, the Hong Kong Football Club Masters, and another 2-0 triumph over Team Bondi secured a place in the ten-minute final and Mel Hood Rangers All Stars in Hong KongAll Stars were to suffer a 3-0 thrashing as Rangers lifted the trophy in style.

The club also sent a squad of under-18 players to compete in the prestigious Hong Kong Philips Lighting International Soccers Sevens Youth Tournament which was held alongside the Masters event.

The Murray Park starlets beat Group D opponents Shanghai Shooters (2-0), Eastleigh (2-0) and Happy Valley (1-0) to reach the last eight stage.

A 2-0 over Yau Lee Select clinched a semi-final place against Old Firm rivals Celtic but a 1-0 defeat in a typically hard fought game took the Hoops through to the final where they lost 2-0 to Premiership side Aston Villa.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1320375,00.html

Pretty irrelevant stuff - but still enough for a small swelling the pride in the heart of every Bear ;)

Mccoist probably would of been playing if he wasn't back with us.

I looked for him tbh cause he still does play in some legend games but the man needs a break! :lol:

November 23rd 1992

my first thought also Mike, that magnificant header v Marseilles. I wasnt there, I was watching on tv, but jumped up and smashed my head on the table on the way down. :lol: cut open I still was dancing.

My ex-wife never really forgave me for that :(

Can you imagine the piss up these boys have had in HK?!!!...

:ohmy:

I was there drinking with them 2 nights before the tournament... And yes I think they had a great time here. :beer1:

Us bears here enjoyed the night a lot too.

Couple of photos from the night:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...39192&st=80