Myth of the Burkey boy - Hindrance or hindrance ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have developed into a cracking player, but he's 25 this year and just hasn't brought his game on like he could have. Given his fitness, he's not one I would persist with any more.

But he is the level of quality Murray and Walter wants :rolleyes:

He has been shite fur the past 2-3 season and all this potential he had has come and gone, why smith gave him a new deal is beyond me, he should be playing fur some championship team as he isnt good enough.

He was only boy kept from The Blue Heaven story, all the others from that have gone and he was only kept because of his old man's affinity to the cellic. Didn't want the mhedia to point fingers and say Rangers were a sectarian club. All down to Murray this! Certainly worked Eh ! Who has ever accused us of being sectarian after pullin a major PR coup like this ! doh:sherlock:

...he was only kept because of his old man's affinity to the cellic. Didn't want the mhedia to point fingers and say Rangers were a sectarian club. All down to Murray this! Certainly worked Eh ! Who has ever accused us of being sectarian after pullin a major PR coup like this !

What a load of paranoid nonsense. You are barking.

He was only boy kept from The Blue Heaven story, all the others from that have gone and he was only kept because of his old man's affinity to the cellic. Didn't want the mhedia to point fingers and say Rangers were a sectarian club. All down to Murray this! Certainly worked Eh ! Who has ever accused us of being sectarian after pullin a major PR coup like this ! doh:sherlock:

Don't talk pish. (tu)

...he was only kept because of his old man's affinity to the cellic. Didn't want the mhedia to point fingers and say Rangers were a sectarian club. All down to Murray this! Certainly worked Eh ! Who has ever accused us of being sectarian after pullin a major PR coup like this !

Ye jist catch the same wans every time ! :rolleyes: :zzzz: :sherlock:

Don't talk pish. (tu)

Oh your new ! (tu):D:sherlock:

I am always fascinated by that word talented, you think he is talentd but he is not because he cannot produce it consistently so hence the reason he is not talented doh

I am always fascinated by that word talented, you think he is talentd but he is not because he cannot produce it consistently so hence the reason he is not talented doh

Like I said, wingers are often inconsistent. You can be talented but inconsistent in many fields e.g. someone could have the talent needed to write some great songs but they could write some crap/mediocre ones as well.

Sure Mr dignity, sure. The old...'I've made a c*nt of myself again, I'll pretend it's a troll' dodge. Trouble is you've shown many times before you are more concerned with this lad's religion than his ability. Sad.

Trouble is you've shown many times before you are more concerned with this lad's religion than his ability. Sad.

(tu) Spot on.

Time for him to move on he wont cut it at Ibrox

no punt intended DB?

That's another thing...the player has been the subject of vicious hairism from some. ;)

Time for him to move on he wont cut it at Ibrox

no punt intended DB?

That's another thing...the player has been the subject of vicious hairism from some. ;)

wot kind of a world do we live in :(

time for burke to leave, hes just not consistant enough. Can be a good player on his day but not consistant enough. Comes in and plays a few good games then hes just back to his old ways of playing badly for the rest of the matches. Happened again this season, came in and had a couple of good games, i said i will judge him at the end of the season as he had good games before. End of the season now and i have to say hes just not good enough as his form slumped yet again after those good early games. Injury was unfortunate but hes just too injury prone and too inconsistant for my liking. I would take anything just to get him off the books.

Burke isnt a bad player, he certainly isnt a good player either.

He is the definition of inconsistant. For every good game he has he'll have another 5 bad ones.

We messed up big time offering him £12,000 pw. It put a pressure on the player himself to deliver and well, it just really wasnt wise.