RST to meet Murray

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His politics have nothing to do with his work for the RST and his support of Rangers.

You can't divide a man and his ways from his politics. One begets the other.

Really?

So everyone on the board of the RST should make their political allegiances known to its members?

Don't be ridiculous.

Mark's views on politics have no influence on how the RST operates. if you can prove me wrong I'd be happy to eat a slice of humble pie

You don't have to make political allegiances known, Dingwall chooses to do so. Where did I say you had to make any such allegiance clear? That's right: I didn't. You invented it - and I'm being ridiculous?

Dingwall's politics and persona are indivisible and therefore have a direct influence on everything he does.

It's a matter of debate if you consider Dingwall to be a good representative for the RST (and thereafter The Rangers) - I think it's recent, implosive history centred around the man and his actions indicate what he brings to the table; he's a source of conflict. Dingwall does not speak for me, never has and I can't imagine ever will - I think he's a force for negativity and reactionary, entrenched views.

Frankly, these are not qualities I'd wish to represent The Rangers.

His politics have nothing to do with his work for the RST and his support of Rangers.

You can't divide a man and his ways from his politics. One begets the other.

Really?

So everyone on the board of the RST should make their political allegiances known to its members?

Don't be ridiculous.

Mark's views on politics have no influence on how the RST operates. if you can prove me wrong I'd be happy to eat a slice of humble pie

You don't have to make political allegiances known, Dingwall chooses to do so. Where did I say you had to make any such allegiance clear? That's right: I didn't. You invented it - and I'm being ridiculous?

Dingwall's politics and persona are indivisible and therefore have a direct influence on everything he does.

It's a matter of debate if you consider Dingwall to be a good representative for the RST (and thereafter The Rangers) - I think it's recent, implosive history centred around the man and his actions indicate what he brings to the table; he's a source of conflict. Dingwall does not speak for me, never has and I can't imagine ever will - I think he's a force for negativity and reactionary, entrenched views.

Hear, Hear.

How does Dingwall make his political ideals apparent through the RST? Can you give me one example where the RST has hinted towards any form of politics! If you can I'll cancel my membership immediately.

I have no idea, I have seen him at Ibrox on a couple of occasions.

That'll be about right.

He does however put a lot of time in to the RST.

I spend a lot of time playing loud music in my garden. But the world would be a better place if I didn't.

I really don't know what to say to that :D

Listen, I have no idea how often he goes to the games nor do I care. I care about the RST representing me as a Rangers fan and until I see evidence to suggest he isn't doing a decent job then he'll continue to recieve my support

What is quite pertinent is people can express an anti Dingwall stance on this forum , it would not be allowed on FF, many people have experience of this.

Can you give me examples of his bigoted views?

Once again you bring sectarianism in to a debate where it has no place whatsoever.

Firstly, bigotry doesn't have to be sectarianism.

big·ot·ry: 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

An example you say you're looking for is right there in the post you responded to. Dingwalls editorial policy of refusing to allow what we are free to debate here, is a perfect example of the man's own bigotry. And stereotypically indicative of the way I'd fully expect FF to be operating.

Secondly, Friedmarsbar didn't mention sectarianism - you made that up. Again.

What is quite pertinent is people can express an anti Dingwall stance on this forum , it would not be allowed on FF, many people have experience of this.

Can you give me examples of his bigoted views?

Once again you bring sectarianism in to a debate where it has no place whatsoever.

Firstly, bigotry doesn't have to be sectarianism.

big·ot·ry: 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

An example you say you're looking for is right there in the post you responded to. Dingwalls editorial policy of refusing to allow what we are free to debate here, is a perfect example of the man's own bigotry. And stereotypically indicative of the way I'd fully expect FF to be operating.

Secondly, Friedmarsbar didn't mention sectarianism - you made that up. Again.

Well excuse me for confusing the two. I think we both know what he meant when he labeled Dingwall a bigot but let's not allow that from getting in the way of you being on your high horse.

As for how the site is run, there have been plenty of threads regarding the RST lately on there and a lot of critical posters have been allowed to slag it off, question it and Mark.

Can you give me one example where the RST has hinted towards any form of politics! If you can I'll cancel my membership immediately.

What do you want - a debate on semantics?

Not only does the RST hint towards politics - it's policies are there, free for all to read, on it's 'About the Trust' page on the RST web site.

Will you post evidence of your membership cancellation?

Can you give me one example where the RST has hinted towards any form of politics! If you can I'll cancel my membership immediately.

Not only does the RST hint towards politics - it's policies are there, free for all to read, on it's 'About the Trust' page on the RST web site.

Will you post evidence of you membership cancellation?

And the policies and aims of the Trust coincide with those of Mark's political beliefs?

Can you put up or shut up please

I have no intention of cancelling my membership as the Trust is there to represent the support of Rangers F.C. not as you believe to bolster Dingwall's political beliefs

Well excuse me for confusing the two. I think we both know what he meant when he labeled Dingwall a bigot but let's not allow that from getting in the way of you being on your high horse.

As for how the site is run, there have been plenty of threads regarding the RST lately on there and a lot of critical posters have been allowed to slag it off, question it and Mark.

I don't know anything of the kind , let alone the both of us. I think Dingwall is a bigot as per the definition above. I make no claims as to whether he has sectarian views. Or not.

And, if you don't mind, correcting your inaccurate statements doesn't place me on any high horse - it just means I'm not willing to accept your attempts to cheapen this debate with personal inventions.

I don't know anything of the kind , let alone the both of us. I think Dingwall is a bigot as per the definition above. I make no claims as to whether he has sectarian views. Or not.

And, if you don't mind, correcting your inaccurate statements doesn't place me on any high horse - it just means I'm not willing to accept your attempts to cheapen this debate with personal inventions.

I know exactly what he meant based on previous posts about bigotry. I care not a jot weather you believe that or not.

And the policies and aims of the Trust coincide with those of Mark's political beliefs?

I have no intention of cancelling my membership as the Trust is there to represent the support of Rangers F.C. not as you believe to bolster Dingwall's political beliefs

You asked for evidence of where the RST hints at politics. I gave you exactly that. So I have already put up as you have it.

But, I see you are moving that target around somewhat - now the question asks where the policies of the Trust and Dingwall coincide? I've stated above my belief is that Dingwall wishes to impose his own agenda upon the RST - therefore, not only are the policies unlikely to coincide, it is the very reason why I believe that Dingwall is an unhealthy, unhelpful character within the RST.

And - for what it's worth - I'd be disappointed if anyone with The Rangers interests at heart left the RST membership. Healthy debate and differing views can be a strength, not a weakness. Unless those views close out the opinions of others and become a destructive force. As I believe Dingwall to be.

I care not a jot weather you believe that or not.

Ah - you're happy to debate until it suits you, then you don't care if it no longer does? How very, well, Dingwall.

Nae bother - you should have said so earlier and I'd have saved some time and energy.

I care not a jot weather you believe that or not.

Ah - you're happy to debate until it suits you, then you don't care if it no longer does? How very, well, Dingwall.

Nae bother - you should have said so earlier and I'd have saved some time and energy.

I'm happy to debate anything you want, I happen to know exactly what context Friedmarsbar was describing when he used the term 'bigot'

You can try and distort it all you want but as I said it doesn't take away from how it was intended

I know exactly what he meant based on previous posts about bigotry. I care not a jot weather you believe that or not.

I don't want to rain on your parade sun, but you're just full of wind. Hail Hail. doh :beer2:

Very clever.

I don't want to rain on your parade sun, but you're just full of wind. Hail Hail. doh :beer2:

was wondering when you would out yourself tattie bye home you go

You asked for evidence of where the RST hints at politics. I gave you exactly that. So I have already put up as you have it.

But, I see you are moving that target around somewhat - now the question asks where the policies of the Trust and Dingwall coincide? I've stated above my belief is that Dingwall wishes to impose his own agenda upon the RST - therefore, not only are the policies unlikely to coincide, it is the very reason why I believe that Dingwall is an unhealthy, unhelpful character within the RST.

And - for what it's worth - I'd be disappointed if anyone with The Rangers interests at heart left the RST membership. Healthy debate and differing views can be a strength, not a weakness. Unless those views close out the opinions of others and become a destructive force. As I believe Dingwall to be.

If I didn't make that clear from the offset then I apologise but of course the RST set out their policies.

What I wont tolerate is an organization trying to influence me in the slightest when it comes to who I vote for and if that ever happens with the RST I'll cancel my membership instantly

I'm happy to debate anything you want, I happen to know exactly what context Friedmarsbar was describing when he used the term 'bigot'

You can try and distort it all you want but as I said it doesn't take away from how it was intended

Jiminez: I'm not trying to distort it - I can see how you might conclude freidmarsbar meant something else. I just feel that making that distinction between Dingwall being a bigot and a sectarian clear is important.

At least here we are free to disagree, could we have had this debate at all on FF?

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Jiminez: I'm not trying to distort it - I can see how you might conclude freidmarsbar meant something else. I just feel that making that distinction between Dingwall being a bigot and a sectarian clear is important.

At least here we are free to disagree, could we have had this debate at all on FF?

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Whether he is a 'bigot' on his own site?

I doubt that very much.

But despite what is being reported on here the RST is up for discussion over there

What I wont tolerate is an organization trying to influence me in the slightest when it comes to who I vote for and if that ever happens with the RST I'll cancel my membership instantly

Fair play - I know we both seek what's best for The Rangers. May our disagreements always be so amiable!

:unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

Fair play - I know we both seek what's best for The Rangers. May our disagreements always be so amiable!

:unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

(tu)

sorry mate but you have your head firmly in the sand.

If you believe that Dingwall wasn't responsible for 6-7 top people resigning from the Trust then either you are one of his lackies or ot in the loop so to speak.

How would you get the fans together?

Apologies for the delayed reply. Golfing all day yesterday! ;)

As you alluded to in your subsequent post, I'd like the club to take the lead on such an initiative. Obviously, they've tried to before with the Assembly but I think we can all agree that is fundamentally flawed, non-democratic and needs a complete overhaul if it's to obtain the credibility it needs to lead from the front.

The Assembly was also set up (by then chairman 'John McCelland') in direction reaction/opposition to the formation of the Trust. That negative birth means some supporters will never see the organisation as one they can trust. It's official status is also something that suggests it would never really ask the correct questions at the correct time. I think that has been shown in the last few years since it's inception.

As such, I'd like to see a new organisation - with it's aims, constitution and direction - debated by the fans in conjunction with the club to ensure a valued, official (but independent in nature) and credible formation. Perhaps easier said than done but not impossible IMO.