Alan Gow wanted by Doncaster & Norwich

Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me what Gow is like? As I understand it, Gow is to be used here as a sort of attacking player-in-the-hole kind of role. Do you think he'd be a success in this role, baring in mind the Championship is a bit rougher than the Scottish Premiership?

Of course, he's not signed yet - but we have heard he is about too.

Cheers!

LC

I wrote this last pre-season. http://www.rangersmedia.com/ezine/july2007/1.html

Since then, he had a family death or two just before the season started but just never won the manager over, our manager preferring more safe and players who didn't have as much skill or creativity. Gow isn't a natural winger but can play there and is more of a striker who plays in the hole but who can play either.

Thanks for that - very interesting article!

The problem is that McCormack left on a free and Motherwell will only get compensation due to his age and this probably wouldn't be that much, there will be a stumbling block for Motherwell, the £250,000 minimum we should get for him and his weekly wages as I doubt they would be able to afford him the same salary he is on at Ibrox.

Gow should complete his move to Norwich tommorow, Hes up for the move now and is waiting to hear back from them tonight. (tu)

Hello,

Our local media is reporting exactly the same - and got to say, am fairly chuffed with the deal. I think he could do well for us.

Anyway, best of luck to you all for the coming season.

Gow should complete his move to Norwich tommorow, Hes up for the move now and is waiting to hear back from them tonight. (tu)

Hello,

Our local media is reporting exactly the same - and got to say, am fairly chuffed with the deal. I think he could do well for us.

Anyway, best of luck to you all for the coming season.

And to yourself, mate. If Gow recaptures the form he had at Falkirk he'll work out just fine. He works well with a good finisher alongside him, playing more as a provider.

Guest Andypendek

Love these links just now. Every time I see '17m bid for Barry' my heart leaps. We're rich!!!

Then we're not.

The amount of airtime the whole Gow scenario is getting just shows how the media are struggling for stories.

I mean, Alan Gow on his way out? Err... Juicy.

GOW IS NOT GOING TO GET A GAME NOW.

Alan if you're reading this mate, do your self a favour and go man, I know its hard to leave a club like rangers, but yi didny hae wit it taks man, so GTF :craphead:

Alan if you're reading this mate, do your self a favour and go man, I know its hard to leave a club like rangers, but yi didny hae wit it taks man, so GTF :craphead:

Hes contracted to Rangers for another 2 seasons. He can do what he likes.

Hes a footballer, If you moved to Rangers would you leave without getting a chance? Give the lad a break, if he doesnt want to go, if the move isnt right for him, then thats his own choise.

Hes a footballer, If you moved to Rangers would you leave without getting a chance? Give the lad a break, if he doesnt want to go, if the move isnt right for him, then thats his own choise.

I have to agree, would you leave your current employer for less money?

I have to agree, would you leave your current employer for less money?

(tu)

If you were offered a job, at a pishy company down in england for less money, would you go? Am sure there will be a few smart arses who dont want to be proved wrong who would say if it made me happy then yes. :rolleyes: