England v South Africa

Guest Andypendek

Guest Andypendek

I can't say I'm looking forwrd to this with much hope (I support England). Although England have lost only one series this century at home to anyone other than Australia, SA must start favourites. No Flintoff, no Jones, no outstanding WK, no dominant opener (both Strauss and Cook are good players but they can't seem to step up another level - they're going to have to, and soon!), an injured captain (Vaughan), a hot and cold middle order player in Bell...an awful lot of hope depends on the traitor, Kevin Pietersen. He's not the shy type but how will he cope with an entire series of hate filled deliveries from the bowlers end?

And talking of the SA attack, they look awesome. And their batting too, is solid. I just can't see anything other than a series win for the Voortrekkers.

If he can adjust to the conditions, then Steyn will clear up. Not overly sure South Africa will win the series, but it should be entertaining and their form in the subcontinent was very decent.

Really looking forward to it, but i'm at TITP the whole weekend and will miss most of the first test.

Guest The Brown Brogue
Apart from Australia, who were the last team to beat England in a series at home?

India beat them last summer.

Guest Andypendek

Steyn got a great write up in the Sunday papers, I admit I know nothing about him.

Maybe Monty can come good. England's attack just doesn't seem fierce enough for me.

NZ was 1999 though he said this century so it would be India. I hope South Africa wins, I only really go for England against Australia and my best mate is a Springbok.

Against Australia? Why?

I'm not Australian by birth I'm Scottish and generally I'll go for Scotland or Britain over everyone. I really couldn't care less about England but I positively hate Australian cricket and rugby teams and their supporters, they're arrogant and think they're the best in the world (perhaps rightly so) and I just love watching them get humped. The only Australian team I'll support is the football team as they're not as successful and the support aren't nearly as arrogant.

Guest Andypendek

That's one word for it. Bit ungrateful to the country that has reared you, n'est pas? Was it Scotland or Britain who paid for your education, young man? However, I am against nationalism per se so I applaud your internationalist stance.

I bet you keep your England supporting cricket habit under your hat, though.

That's one word for it. Bit ungrateful to the country that has reared you, n'est pas? Was it Scotland or Britain who paid for your education, young man? However, I am against nationalism per se so I applaud your internationalist stance.

I bet you keep your England supporting cricket habit under your hat, though.

Not half down there :lol:(tu)

I equally applaud the sentiments, but Scotland was just a peice of land where you were born...Austrlia is what you gave you everything brissY?

Guest Andypendek

Just heard on Radi5Live he has completed a century, and received a double ovation from the crowd, in recognition of the effort. All I heard was one ball today!

Steyn put KP on his backside witha snorter to the head apparently, so the 100 is all the more impressive. If I ever recover the TV from some Wii playing children, I shall enjoy the highlights.

England are destroying them.

Bowling has been South Africa's flaw for a long time now. If they had a world class spinner and a better seam bowler then they'd probably be the best team on the planet.

Prior to the game, the RSA bowlers were being lauded as the best and fastest strike force in the world - Steyn and Ntini etc; ? They seem to be awful, surely they have better than that - does Percy Montgomery not play cricket ?

It's England they're playing against what would they be like against good teams!

Prior to the game, the RSA bowlers were being lauded as the best and fastest strike force in the world - Steyn and Ntini etc; ? They seem to be awful, surely they have better than that - does Percy Montgomery not play cricket ?

It's England they're playing against what would they be like against good teams!

They're good bowlers, but their team's problem is they can't adapt to certain conditions. That's been their problem for a while now. They need to be able to mix it up a little. The ball doesn't seem to be swinging and England are scoring heavily as a result.

Oops, I'm sorry, i just made a new thread, asking for someone to learn me the rules of cricket. I didn't see this one. But anyway could you please help me by going into that thread and explain the rules to me! :unionflag: