Robbie Keane for 20 million, proof the worlds gone mad?

Guest therabbitt
The guy is an industrious player, gives his all for the team. But ferfuxsake 20 million for a player who is less than gifted! Nacho Novo with a bit more physical presence.

Anyone else think Benitez is off his rocker?

Nah....I dont

The guy is an industrious player, gives his all for the team. But ferfuxsake 20 million for a player who is less than gifted! Nacho Novo with a bit more physical presence.

Anyone else think Benitez is off his rocker?

If Novo was half the player Keane is he would have left us a long time ago.

Keane is a good player, I dont think he worth more than 12 mill tho same with Carrick, Hargreaves and Crouch, they all went for mad money, more money than id pay

Liverpool are crazy to pay 20m for him, the worst bit of transfer business and over inflation - that I can recall. Spurs must be delighted to get that amount of money for such a headless chicken !

IMO Keane is a class act and will do well at liverpool, if Benitez wants to pay that for him well thats his choice. I personally think money is rulling the game at the moment and no player is worth 1 million never mind 20 million.!!

It seems in the present market if a manager of a top side wants a player thier is no price too large!!!

Superb. The brother is a Liverpool fan. He was raging that they were interested in him, thinking the price was 10mil.

He went ballistic at 20mil. 80k a week? He will cry.

To think Torres moved for £24million.

Keane is nowhere near that level.

good goalscoring record for club and at international level. Really good player and I think he will do well for them.

typical inflated english premiership prices, i think keane will do very well for them though. Hes a hard worked and can create chances for torres to finish. What are the tims going to do now though? Its a transfer window tradition for them to claim keane is coming to celtic park :craphead:

Teddy sheringham when he was 39, at West ham was on 70k a week.

I find that very, very, very hard to believe. Where did you find this nonsense?

Teddy sheringham when he was 39, at West ham was on 70k a week.

I find that very, very, very hard to believe. Where did you find this nonsense?

When he said he would play another season for them, it was on football focus that he was one of their highest paid players at £70,000 a week.

Didnt think it was genuine myself either.