Cuellar wanted the transfer

dazzareyes

He didn't request it, but there's apparently a minimum fee release clause in his contract which means we can't say no to the bid.

Cuellar is open to the move as he feels it will help him break into the Spanish national side if he's playing in England.

Makes sense to me, and all the best to him, but I can't hide the fact that it's disappointing.

Nothing more the club could have done about it by the sounds of it. In the end we've had a very good season out of him and made a substantial profit. Now we move on.

The clause negotiated was stupid. With the way the market was, 10m Euros is nothing.

It might look low with the benefit of hindsight but it was more than 3 times what we paid for him.

good luck to him, with us not getting into champions league u cnt blame him, especially playing with the likes of adam, lm, and daily in the team...we should get rid of the dross and invest this money in a couple fo midfielders and a defender - and get rid of lm, jcd,adam, daily, & cousin!!!!!!!!

i would ahve thought spurs or l/pool would have bidded for him, but that wee oneil fud obv knows how good he is with watching they scumbags!!!!!