Video cards

LegendofCoop

yes, plug it into the new card

Also you might need to go into the BIOS and set the priority to the new card, or turn off the old one altogether.

But see if it works without that first, if it's a bit daunting!

Outstanding mate...cheers!

On my way out to Maplin just now to pick up an adapter.

I'll just try plugging the new one in first & try the BIOS if that doesn't work!

1st class advice again...well done RM techies!!!! :rangers:

4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 4-2 :mutley:

Sorry....will never tire of that scoreline today!! :rangers:

*sigh*

Looks like I'll need to change the BIOS. I located the software/drivers for the new card, but when I instal the software it fails at the last second as it says there's no card found. When I put the new card in & restart I get a blank screen...even plugging the monitor into the new card!

Basically I cant start up with the new card installed!

Have I done everything right so far?

Cheers.

*sigh*

Looks like I'll need to change the BIOS. I located the software/drivers for the new card, but when I instal the software it fails at the last second as it says there's no card found. When I put the new card in & restart I get a blank screen...even plugging the monitor into the new card!

Cheers.

Theres a way of starting a pc up with no graphics card using very shite graphics but i can't think how you'd do that right now.

*sigh*

Cheers.

Theres a way of starting a pc up with no graphics card using very shite graphics but i can't think how you'd do that right now.

Safe mode mate! Never thought of that!

Mind, I think I know now how to get the BIOS changed. I just need a while to get my arse into gear & get it done!! :lol:

dont see what the issue is here, switch off onboard video in the bios, plug your new card in, switch on machine, download drivers from Nvidias website.

Honest mate, I've been at this like a....I dunno....but I've been at it for ages!!

I've tried every config my PC could offer!

In my video settings in the BIOS screen, I have the following options:-

Primary Video Adapter: PCIE Graphics (PEG)

Ext PCI graphics

Auto

I've tried all three and still get a blank screen. The other options in the settings screen are: Frame Buffer size, IGD aperture size, DVMT mode & IGD DVNT/Fixed DVMT!

What I've also tried in addition to changing the video settings is to disable the Intel display adapter within the device manager. Still nothing!

Other than that I have no other way of switching off the display adapter.

One thing I did do fairly recently was to download a more recent driver for the Intel chip. Would this be causing some kind of conflict? I wouldn't have thought so. Could I try rolling back the driver before disabling it....or remove it all together?

Right now I'm so cheesed off with it I feel like I just want to buy a friggin second hand PS2! Much prefer to play COD on PC though!!

cheers

Use Driver Cleaner.net. You can download it from a torrent site as I THINK it might not be free anymore. Not too sure though. You'll need to install it, and boot into safe mode then run it.

Then try putting the card into the slot and booting up.

I hope your card isn't bollocksed :(

Use Driver Cleaner.net. You can download it from a torrent site as I THINK it might not be free anymore. Not too sure though. You'll need to install it, and boot into safe mode then run it.

Cheers for that...and to drewboyyy too!

I've never heard of it to be honest! I'll give that a pop tomorrow too!

The card only cost me £11 on ebay so it's not a major loss if it is, just a pain in the ass!! (tu)

Cheers for that...and to drewboyyy too!

I've never heard of it to be honest! I'll give that a pop tomorrow too!

The card only cost me £11 on ebay so it's not a major loss if it is, just a pain in the ass!! (tu)

If it is, remember negative feedback!

first thing to do is uninstal any drivers for your onboard graphics ,then goto device manager and disable the onboard graphics

restart your pc,go into the bios,disable onboard or onchip graphics(if no option then set the shared memory to the lowest it can go)set the pcie to the primary graphics adapter.

save and exit bios,now plug in your new card to the pcie slot on the board,connect the monitor to the port on the back of the card,now turn pc back on and it should be good to go.

once into windows,allow windows to detect the card,cancel any boxes that come up asking you to instal drivers,then instal the drivers you have on disc for the card or download the latest from the appropriate site (tu)

if that dont work the card is goosed :)

first thing to do is uninstal any drivers for your onboard graphics ,then goto device manager and disable the onboard graphics

restart your pc,go into the bios,disable onboard or onchip graphics(if no option then set the shared memory to the lowest it can go)set the pcie to the primary graphics adapter.

save and exit bios,now plug in your new card to the pcie slot on the board,connect the monitor to the port on the back of the card,now turn pc back on and it should be good to go.

once into windows,allow windows to detect the card,cancel any boxes that come up asking you to instal drivers,then instal the drivers you have on disc for the card or download the latest from the appropriate site (tu)

Tried all that mate....looks like I've bought a dud! <_<

One thing though...in the BIOS menu, there were a couple of things marked PCI (like latency timer under the Chipset config) that seemed to go up in increments of 32. That was set to 32...would that be correct? There was also something else marked PCI under power management (wake up on PCI PME: Stay of or power on). I really didn't have a clue what it related to so I left it! Would they make any difference?

I'm now thinking....PS2? Less of a 'gamer' experience, but no graphic issues!!! :(

Tried all that mate....looks like I've bought a dud! <_<

One thing though...in the BIOS menu, there were a couple of things marked PCI (like latency timer under the Chipset config) that seemed to go up in increments of 32. That was set to 32...would that be correct? There was also something else marked PCI under power management (wake up on PCI PME: Stay of or power on). I really didn't have a clue what it related to so I left it! Would they make any difference?

I'm now thinking....PS2? Less of a 'gamer' experience, but no graphic issues!!! :(

lol m8 i dont mean to be rude or anything but i gave you some links at start of this thread,for 10 quid more you couldve had a very respectable card brand new with warranty (tu) i understand you might not have the cash to spend but you got well and truley bumped with this one :( and na m8 none of those two options would make any diffrence at all unfortunatly,looks like you been sold a duffer :(

lol m8 i dont mean to be rude or anything but i gave you some links at start of this thread,for 10 quid more you couldve had a very respectable card brand new with warranty (tu) i understand you might not have the cash to spend but you got well and truley bumped with this one :( and na m8 none of those two options would make any diffrence at all unfortunatly,looks like you been sold a duffer :(

:thumbs_up: Nah, it's all cool mate! I was willing to take the risk just to see if I could get it sorted on the cheap! Typical me! :lol:

I think I'm def gonna get a proper one on e-buyer, so thanks for the link. I'd never heard of the site before so I'll give it a check. I'm wanting to get myself a Nvidia card as I've heard they are quieter than Radeon. I have no idea if that's the case or not. There may be compatibiity problems with my PC however, so I think I'll contact PC world (where I bought the PC) & see if they can suggest the best card, then get it from e-buyer. The prices there look brilliant!

push for a refund from paypal, you should get it without too much trouble. They favour the buyers a lot these days.

I just went into my paypal account & followed a link to report a bogus transaction, however it didn't list that card as an item I could claim against! <cr> I'll try again, but I'm now at the stage of thinking...."It's only a tenner"! Wrong I know but.

Also, I just checked out the original tem description & apparently it's a 'refurbished' card so i doubt I'd be protected! Lesson learned!!

Thanks to all the guys on here that have offered advice! I'm well prepared for when I buy my next card!!

Cheers guys! (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
pm'd you m8 (tu)

Stottar sir!!!

Got the bugger working perfect! Awesome wee card....powerfull as feck! I cannae beleive the speed that this plays games at! ;lol: I'm shite at stuff I used to be great at now!! (tu)

Thanks again to all you guys for your help! Much appreciated!

(ended up going for the radeon HD 2600 pro....fecking amazing!!).

if you dont want to spend more than 20quid on a graphics card then stick to what graphics you have now.

Otherwise, your just waisting your money.

what are you on about?

the guy cant play cod2 with the graphics he's got now,which means they must be pretty shit (no offence intended)the links ive provided show that for round about 20 quid he can get a decent card that will play alot more than cod2,why dont you give the guy help instead of tryin to be a smart ass? (tu)

:mutley:

Good luck mate trying to get decent graphics out of those cards.

You get what you pay for.

How am i trying to be a smart ass?

Its simple, fanny.

You quite simply dont know what ur on about Kingbarry, those cards would easily run CoD2 and much more.