Am I alone ?

Coopermania

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been twice and dont intend to go back! First time was when we played st johnstone there for the scottish cup final i think (?) when hampdump was getting refurb but cant complain because we won.

The other time was when we won the league there and there fans went looney chucking stuff etc (being themselves tbh) and i got a glass bottle thrown at me and it hit my head outside the ground.

Am I alone in never having been to Septic Park ?

As a kid, I wanted to go to OF games there, but my dad never let me, saying he wouldnt pay money for their benefit.

So, Im 41 now and still never been. I still uphold his beliefs now. Its what I was brought up to believe.

I can fully understand going to support Rangers, thats perfectly understandable.

But do you think Im right in my opinion ?

I await being shot down. Please be kind to me :unsure:

The way i view it mate is that a "protest" and i use that word loosely is only real it worth it if it means they are losing out but i know every ticket will sell and they will get their money irrespective of wether i go or not so therefor its never bothered me.

Like others i would never buy anything from them but as far as blocking toilets and shit like that, thats just Timmy behaviour in my book.

Each to their own. (tu)

Good point (tu)

Once and NEVER again. Like you Coop my dad vowed never to step foot in the place and never did. I went to Advocaat's first OF game in '98. I'm sure I don't need to remind you of the score. Walking the gauntlet on the way out was one of the worst experiences of my life. Never seen such vile hatred and bigotry.

I knew they were bitter but couldn't believe how bad they actually were....and that was them winning!

The stadium was a mess. Roof leaking and allsorts.

Nothing like our Blue Heaven.........So I'll stick to the best....should have taken my dad's advice.

Must admit though.....must be a great experience if we win and don't have to get too close to the neddy mob.

Only been twice, no OF games though.

First time was a Scotland game for WC'98 Qualifiers and the other was the league cup final against St Johnstone, can't remember the year though :(

Never been back since, or anywhere near the stadium :D

EDIT: It was 1999. Guivarc'h and Albertz scored in a 2-1 win

coop when i start goin back youre coming up as my guest for first old firm game at the san giro its a must thing do being in the singing and dancing section at breezeblock boulevard

Thanks very much for the offer kpl, but even though Im a man, Im not sure I could go without my dad's permission.

I would ask him, but hes dead now :( Tell you what, if I have a dream in the night that says I should go, I will gladly go along with you ........ tell you what, I can feel the old bassa watching me now :lol: :beer2:

no worries mate the offer stands for as long as (tu):rangers:

:beer2: :rangers:

I have ma season ticket but dads a tim and wont let me go to parkheed (td)

Posted Twice! haha Sorry :D

kick dad in gonads and tell him its in your heritage to stand with like minded people singing songs of victory cheering on the glasgow rangers

Ano!! :lol: Need to joing supporters club tho get to the game! any near "Helensburgh"??

I know man, I deleted it.

Its no worries, everyone does it from time to time, I do it all the time, trust me (Im really good at it) :lol:

kick dad in gonads and tell him its in your heritage to stand with like minded people singing songs of victory cheering on the glasgow rangers

Ano!! :lol: Need to joing supporters club tho get to the game! any near "Helensburgh"??

know a few guys from that way do they not have a bus from helensburgh?

dumbarton is there no buses from there?

Only game I have seen at septic park was the Coca-cola Cup final against Hearts, on a temporary stand, It was amazin doin the Bouncy lol

Never been for an old firm game though :unsure:

Snap, was pretty young then mind, hopefully be there non sunday tho!!

I have been countless times now but my first game was actually a league cup final against St Johnstone. I sat in the Main Stand and as a youngster i just wondered how any stadium could look so bad. My first OF game was our 5-1 defeat during the Advocaat era and my dad told me after that i was neve going back. I did though and it took me another 5 or 6 games to see us so much as get a draw at the Piggery. That was the 0-0 in big Eck's last season.

The first and only time i seen us win at the Piggery was the 1-0 game two seasons ago, Ugo with that cracker. It is up there with the best experiences in my life and that was us winning a game which really didn't have any effect on the league. I can only imagine what it would feel like to win the title there. Here's hoping for another win on Sunday though.

I can understand why some might not want to set foot inside that place but i see it as us helping the Glasgow Rangers. It is the toughest two games the team will play in the SPL season and arguably the most important aswell. So therefore i see it as my duty to go there and sing my heart out in support of my team. Let them know that even amidst that bitterness and hatred being reigned down upon them the Rangers fans are still there to support them, loud and clear. :rangers: :unionflag:

I've been many times. Brilliant when we win, devistating when we lose. The bears are always in the best of voice though, it's great to be in with the bears at the piggery. I was also there for a cup semi in the early 80's against St Mirren. The jungle was painted blue that day.

know a few guys from that way do they not have a bus from helensburgh?

dumbarton is there no buses from there?

Theres 2 buses from H/b ones filled with old guys who dont sing (td):lol: Other i get too home and cup games but don't think it goes to parkhead!

How to you get Celtic away tickets with ST? you like put down for away games? but not guaranteed a ticket

Am I alone in never having been to Septic Park ?

As a kid, I wanted to go to OF games there, but my dad never let me, saying he wouldnt pay money for their benefit.

So, Im 41 now and still never been. I still uphold his beliefs now. Its what I was brought up to believe.

I can fully understand going to support Rangers, thats perfectly understandable.

But do you think Im right in my opinion ?

I await being shot down. Please be kind to me :unsure:

I have never been to an OF game full stop, never been able to get tickets. But good resolve Coop.

I urge everyone to get themselves there if possible. Sure it's horrible if you are getting beat but trust me when I say there's no better feeling beating the dregs of humanity in their own cess pit with 7000 bears all around you.

my first of game at the tattiedome was new years day, our bus broke down we were about 10 mins late walked into the shit hole to the place going fuckin mental the bears 2 - 0 up what an experiance. we won 4 - 2 that day big oleg k came on and scored a 30 yard screamer for the 4th if my memory serves

my first of game at the tattiedome was new years day, our bus broke down we were about 10 mins late walked into the shit hole to the place going fuckin mental the bears 2 - 0 up what an experiance. we won 4 - 2 that day big oleg k came on and scored a 30 yard screamer for the 4th if my memory serves

That was my 1st game at the piggery, ah the memories.

3-0 up after 23 minutes. Taigothy invading the field of play (nothing new there then) Mars bar thrown at their board.

And you're right, big Oleg popped up and blasted a wonder strike in to the bottom right corner. Cue mayhem in the Rangers end for the fourth time

That was my 1st game at the piggery, ah the memories.

3-0 up after 23 minutes. Taigothy invading the field of play (nothing new there then) Mars bar thrown at their board.

And you're right, big Oleg popped up and blasted a wonder strike in to the bottom right corner. Cue mayhem in the Rangers end for the fourth time

happy days will take the same on sunday.

:rangers::rangers: :unionflag: :unionflag: :rangers::rangers: