Juan Roman Riquelme

kasabian101

An on form Riquelme is one of the most beautiful sights in the game.

His touch, pass and general awareness is just unbelievable. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but it's as if he actually does have eyes on the back of his head. People criticise him for his lack of pace, but he's as fast now as he was when he was 21, it's never been a problem for him.

It's just ashame he has such an awkward personality. A manager must pay him a lot of individualized attention and show a lot of patience to get the best out of him. It's ashame how things ended up with him at Villareal, but i can understand why Pellegrini wanted him out.

Zidane was a better team player and if I had to choose I would have the big Frenchman in my team. However , nobody in football today can get the ball off Riquelme . He can do things that Zidane cant. Roman cant tackle , Zidane can.

would loved to have seen him go to a bigger team, still cant believe barca let him go, anyone know the reason they did?

He just never managed to 'fit in' at Barca.

Don't think his supposedly poor attitude helped much. He needed a team built AROUND him, much like that Villareal team was.

He's a different animal for Argentina though. His link up with Messi is mouthwatering at times.

would loved to have seen him go to a bigger team, still cant believe barca let him go, anyone know the reason they did?

He just never managed to 'fit in' at Barca.

Don't think his supposedly poor attitude helped much. He needed a team built AROUND him, much like that Villareal team was.

He's a different animal for Argentina though. His link up with Messi is mouthwatering at times.

I wouldve thought that Barca shouldve built their team around him aswell though, they probably didnt though as he wasnt seen as a big signing, whereas Ronaldinho was.

It was Joan Gaspart who signed him for Barca, not Louis Van Gaal.

Van Gaal never wanted him and when he did give him a chance, he played him out on the wing.

As expected, he was atrocious there and was shipped out to the Yellow Submarine.