Are you ever ashamed to call someone a Rangers fan?

GOAT

I felt a bit ashamed watching the box when a select few went nuts in Manchester but proud of the majority who behaved impeccably.

I do get annoyed when some think/suggest you have to be the stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist to be a Rangers fan. I'm a football fan and a fan of a football team, if others want to see more in their team than that then that's fine for them.

We don't though Jake, that's the point. It's activists like millie tant (see viz comic circa early 1990's), who force their opinions on others. I have never told anyone what to sing, who to vote for or what religion not to abuse.

If these people don't like my views, politics, intolerance etc., then they should just leave me well alone, not try to indoctrinate me with their sterile, pc oriented, utopian vision of the future.

As our standard says "WATP", but i know what sort of people i'd like on my side if things ever went tits up. :crabflag: :unionflag: :rangers:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree those were the best days when rangers fans would look after each other but now some of them would sell you down the river.

Nowadays were told to basically grass up our fellow supporter if he/she says something which in todays society is supposed to be wrong, and the sad thing is, as i have seen some people do it.

I'd do it in a second.

I'm ashamed of the sectarian eejits amongst us who value their misguided views above their support for the team. In fact, for many Rangers FC is no more than a vehicle for their bigotry.

THAT is shameful!!

:rolleyes:

Admin! C'mon tae fuck.

If you really are a Bluenose, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If not, get a fucking wash.

i agree those were the best days when rangers fans would look after each other but now some of them would sell you down the river.

Nowadays were told to basically grass up our fellow supporter if he/she says something which in todays society is supposed to be wrong, and the sad thing is, as i have seen some people do it.

I'd do it in a second.

I'm ashamed of the sectarian eejits amongst us who value their misguided views above their support for the team. In fact, for many Rangers FC is no more than a vehicle for their bigotry.

THAT is shameful!!

Admin! C'mon tae fuck.

Oh dear, I hope his post was a wind up, or, I am actually agreeing with you! :craphead:

I'd do it in a second.

THAT is shameful!!

Admin! C'mon tae fuck.

Oh dear, I hope his post was a wind up, or, I am actually agreeing with you! :craphead:

You always agree with me, often subconsciously though :)

I felt a bit ashamed watching the box when a select few went nuts in Manchester but proud of the majority who behaved impeccably.

I do get annoyed when some think/suggest you have to be the stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist to be a Rangers fan. I'm a football fan and a fan of a football team, if others want to see more in their team than that then that's fine for them.

We don't though Jake, that's the point. It's activists like millie tant (see viz comic circa early 1990's), who force their opinions on others. I have never told anyone what to sing, who to vote for or what religion not to abuse.

If these people don't like my views, politics, intolerance etc., then they should just leave me well alone, not try to indoctrinate me with their sterile, pc oriented, utopian vision of the future.

As our standard says "WATP", but i know what sort of people i'd like on my side if things ever went tits up. :crabflag: :unionflag: :rangers:

Exactly!! Its the ones who are the exact opposite to those highlighted above, that tell others that they cant do what they want and should abide by THEIR rules. I am not alone in having a problem with that!

The way things are now, there are many who want the, to quote, "stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist" to be banned from all things Rangers as it isnt to their taste, not the other way round.

If you have feelings one way or the other, its fine, and, it doesnt make the other/opposing view wrong, but, neither should press their view on the other, just as neither should say the other is wrong

I'd do it in a second.

THAT is shameful!!

Admin! C'mon tae fuck.

You always agree with me, often subconsciously though :)

haha, is that in the way where I say the opposite? :P

Good point Bolton.

In all these interminable 'culture' threads I can't remember a single post saying 'You must sing The Sash, be a Unionist be a Prod etc'.

What I mean is I've had people saying 'are you a Rangers fan?' 'sniff sniff' and 'give yourself a shake' for mentioning I support the SNP. It's as if I can't really be a fan because my politics are not 'on message'.

Millie Tant was a belter of a character with her wimminz rights crew. :craphead:

Exactly!! Its the ones who are the exact opposite to those highlighted above, that tell others that they cant do what they want and should abide by THEIR rules. I am not alone in having a problem with that!

The way things are now, there are many who want the, to quote, "stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist" to be banned from all things Rangers as it isnt to their taste, not the other way round.

If you have feelings one way or the other, its fine, and, it doesnt make the other/opposing view wrong, but, neither should press their view on the other, just as neither should say the other is wrong

Well I would like the "stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist" to be banned from all things Rangers " and thus I debate to that efeect on here. You seem to be telling me NOT to debate my views ?

Well I would like the "stereotypical prod, unionist, loyalist, monarchist" to be banned from all things Rangers " and thus I debate to that efeect on here. You seem to be telling me NOT to debate my views ?

Being banned from all things Rangers?

thats never going to happen so isnt it a waste of time debating someones beliefs if they let you have yours?

What? the people you describe are the very essence of the Rangers support! Ban them and Rangers cease to exist you buffoon!

A model of intolerance.

If you want all things banned, there isn't much room for debate......

A model of intolerance.

If you want all things banned, there isn't much room for debate......

What next?storm into a Mosque and demand change because we dont agree with their faith or upbringing

I must thank you for re-enforcing my point! well done.

as I said, the anti-Protestant/Monarchist etc etc types are far worse and far more antagonistic, and, as you said above, you want them and their beliefs/side of the argument gone, whereas, those you are despising are more than happy for you to be here debating your side and disagreeing, at the same time, they are not trying to change you into something you are not, nor are they forcing you to change your opinions.

So, please explain, in your Utopian world when everyone thinks like you, WHO are you going to debate with? or do you prefer it where you say something and everyone goes "yes yes thats right, oh your so great"?

Also, in the great scheme of things, where do I stand? Am I, in your opinion, allowed to support our great club as I have done all my life?

To help, I will clarify some points

religion - protestant, however, I dont attend church, or feel the need to pray

Scottish - I think its wonderful the SNP are now in in Scotland, and, the envy of those I live and work with in England is quite amusing, as, they are doing a lot of the right things in regard to the people

Monarchy - A slight amount of apathy towards them, although, they serve a purpose, and, are something to be proud of in the global sense

Unionism - I live in England now, I would say neither pro nor anti, although I was very anti prior to living here, far less now. I enjoy seeing British things, and, we are now at a stage where Scots are praised, rather than before when, positive was British/English and negative was Scots (in the media)

I am also a member on a couple of Unionist sites, and some loyalist sites, as I am on some Scottish nationalist sites.

So, am I a Rangers fan?

Funny how these detractors of our way of life always turn up in droves when their team the bheggars start to get found out, it's the usual suspects plus the new one or two ! ;):sherlock:

Isnt it just!

edit! - waiting with baited breath to Blupeter09s reply to my post above haha

What? the people you describe are the very essence of the Rangers support! Ban them and Rangers cease to exist you buffoon!

In your opinion - in mines they are not - as I have said before - take politics and religion out of Rangers and you are still left with the greatest football team in the world, take the football away and you have nothing. Religion and Politics (IMHO) have no place in football- and I debate strongly to that effect - you may not like it nor agree but that is my view.

In your opinion - in mines they are not - as I have said before - take politics and religion out of Rangers and you are still left with the greatest football team in the world, take the football away and you have nothing. Religion and Politics (IMHO) have no place in football- and I debate strongly to that effect - you may not like it nor agree but that is my view.

Again I must ask WHAT? And why the hell not?

You want to rid the club of the majority of its fanbase... rangers football club would die a death if you did that ya numpty.

Well, for "debates" sake, you would like to take away everyones rights that are different from you? Why should supporters change their faith and beliefs to please the likes of you? Are you being asked to do that? No! The club has little or no official comment on this matter anymore, so, nobody is making you do or think anything. For the majority, these beliefs are part of their lives, and, they shouldnt have to change them, just as someone without those bliefs, and, in fact with the same ones as you, can go along and enjoy a game of football. Where exactly is your problem?

Nobody is perfect, we all have different views, beliefs and thoughts - that is what makes us strong, even in adversity. We should always be (to use the term) a "broad church" that was one of the founding tenets of our country. The forum, the game and the world would be a sad and toiling place if we all thought the same. Diversity of opinion, when constructive should always be commended and we can always conclude the issue by agreeing to disagree - and move on !

Even amongst our colleagues, opposition, rivals and adversaries there are things which we can respect, disagree and despise - that is what makes the world and some of these debates and issues highlighted fascinating.

However, never take things too seriously as there are often more important and significant issues in life...and also one's health and well-being should always have primacy !

I'd do it in a second.

THAT is shameful!!

why is this idiot still here ?

I'd do it in a second.

THAT is shameful!!

why is this idiot still here ?

I will guess, for the mamusement of others :craphead: