Would you take Mike Ashley as our new owner...

GrandSuckMaster

If he agreed to give Walter full control of footballing matters?

I actually like the way he interacted with fans and that he listened to the fans when they insisted he leave. I know he has made some errors in his first ownership role, but I think he would be willing to invest millions and would protect the interests of our club. Thoughts?

I actually like the way he interacted with fans and that he listened to the fans when they insisted he leave. I know he has made some errors in his first ownership role, but I think he would be willing to invest millions and would protect the interests of our club. Thoughts?

IF and it is a big if he gave full footballing matters over to the manager, and let him control who he wants to sign, who to play etc and didnt have a little runt like Dennis Wise undermining the manager then I would consider it. If that was not the case and a situation like at NUFC occurred then I would not want him anywhere near the club

IF and it is a big if he gave full footballing matters over to the manager, and let him control who he wants to sign, who to play etc and didnt have a little runt like Dennis Wise undermining the manager then I would consider it. If that was not the case and a situation like at NUFC occurred then I would not want him anywhere near the club

Spotty Dog

I thought one of the main complaints was that he didn't interact with the fans and wanted a quiet life? If he thinks New-Castle is a high pressure/profile job he should stay well clear of Rangers.

Not a chance will stick with SDM anyday over Ashley , at least SDM has the club at heart ( although sometimes dont appear so)

Disagree with your reasoning there.

There are great similarities between Newcastle and us, and, the Ashley/Murray situation. The fans are pissed, and Keegan was pissed, Wise apart, because he isnt throwing money at the team, and trying to run it as a sustainable business, which is very sensible, but, fans, as we know, are impatient and cant understand that. They have masses of debt, he stated he didnt want to add to it, and, they threw a paddy, along with Keegan.

We are pretty much coming out of the debt scenario, but, are running it in a sustainable fashion, not spending silly money, which ensures the club will survive

But I wouldnt want him, he would pretty much do the same as Murray, and, nobody would be hapy