Claude Makelele or Michael Carrick

CF5LOYAL

If you could have one player in the midfield, who would it be?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Makelele or Carrick

• Makelele
    • Carrick

This is a debate being going on for weeks with my mates, every weekend we go to the pub someone always mentions this and we end up arguing for ages.

Now I don't know what the arguments are over because imo Makelele is far superior to Michael Carrick.

My argument was he was integral to every team he played for and success always followed him. Madrid, France, Chelsea he was the player that made these teams tick.

Fuck, Carrick can't even get a game for his country!!

Makelele for me. I don't rate Carrick one bit!

I still think Carrick is a good player but to say he is better than Claude Makelele is just silly.

I went to CL final at Hampden between Real Madrid and Leverkusen and Makelele was awesome. His reading of the play and his ability to play a simple pass which opened the whole game up was a joy to watch.

voted carrick accidentally,

makelele by a mile

its not called the makelele role for nothing

Great point :D

I'll be using that quote the next time the argument crops up (tu)

:beer2: people are now calling it the mikel role because he is doing so well there now. Clearly doesnt work <_<

as for carrick, what has happened to him. He wont get back into the england squad with ashley young on the horizon

voted carrick accidentally,

makelele by a mile

its not called the makelele role for nothing

Great point :D

I'll be using that quote the next time the argument crops up (tu)

:beer2: people are now calling it the mikel role because he is doing so well there now. Clearly doesnt work <_<

as for carrick, what has happened to him. He wont get back into the england squad with ashley young on the horizon

Eh? he's a winger. carrick is competing against jenas, gerrard, lampard, barry etc in the center of midfield