Hartley must make public apology

THEFISH

So Hartley allegedly made some stupid remark when he was a kid, over ten years ago. Get over it. The mentalist element on Follow Follow can foam at the mouth all they want.

Do you have something against the Rangers fans on followfollow ????

Yeah, a lot of them are bigots.

Are you calling your fellow Rangers fans bigots....why are they bigots ?????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishever heard of programs such as paint, paint shop pro, photshop, etc. these allow people to make up what they like. I don't believe he said it, he grew up with Bazza, if he was a bigot, he would not have associated with Bazza.

Who said he was a bigot ????????????????????????????? (beer)

So Hartley allegedly made some stupid remark when he was a kid, over ten years ago. Get over it. The mentalist element on Follow Follow can foam at the mouth all they want.

You aren't seriously suggesting that we don't have a bigoted element in our support?

If and its a big if he said something, he will have the opportunity to put it right on the field.

The sad thing about this whole thing is, he is likely to be our best player(Ferguson aside maybe) and that I find a little sad.

He is a good SPL player and I'm affraid that is what we are being reduced to

Their upbringing?

Fishever heard of programs such as paint, paint shop pro, photshop, etc. these allow people to make up what they like. I don't believe he said it, he grew up with Bazza, if he was a bigot, he would not have associated with Bazza.

Who said he was a bigot ????????????????????????????? (beer)

Reading between the lines of your post Fish, you believe he said what is in the press cutting. Using the phrase he allegedly did, would indeed mean he could be seen as a bigot, just in the same way a lot of Rangers fans are seen as bigots. Going by the fact you are looking for an apology it seems you are offended by his statement, if he made it, and therefore you would deem it a sectarian statement and therefore bigotted.

You aren't seriously suggesting that we don't have a bigoted element in our support?

I dont know....none of my fellow fans bother me with what they say or sing.

Only the ones who dont defend their fellow fans are the problem ???

It should be what opposing fans say or sing and what players say about our support that should be the issue we should never question ourselves (beer)

It should be what opposing fans say or sing and what players say about our support that should be the issue we should never question ourselves (beer)

Actually some things are indefensible Fish. Turning the problem as someone elses smakcs of some one having their head in the sand. (beer)

You can't go accusing people of burying their heads in the sand then do so yourself.

Absolutely splendid......

The re-writing of history by some on here would make the tim revisionists proud.

Booing him because he is a Catholic in our squad ??? What a desperate...and erroneous arguement to make.

Why do I not wish to sign Hartley ? I do not wish to pay the wages of a player...irrespective of what age he was.... who referred to us as "Orange Bastards". Who used an innocuous fanzine interview to express his hatred and distaste for our club.

But hey....maybe the fanzine was altered on photoshop...

Despite the fact the original article still exists.

Despite the fact the interviewer has stated he noted and printed Hartley's responses verbatim.

Despite the fact for all his press comments and threats Hartley has not dared to pursue the individual who uncovered the article and published it on the net.

I seriously doubt that Hartley is coming to Rangers.

Did Mo-Jo ever apologise for nutting Stuart Munro and winding up the Rangers support by making obscene gestures or blessing himself <rattat> ?

If Walter feels that PH is the best fwd for our midfield then I guess I'd welcome PH but not with open arms. I think :wacko: .

The re-writing of history by some on here would make the tim revisionists proud.

Booing him because he is a Catholic in our squad ??? What a desperate...and erroneous arguement to make.

Why do I not wish to sign Hartley ? I do not wish to pay the wages of a player...irrespective of what age he was.... who referred to us as "Orange Bastards". Who used an innocuous fanzine interview to express his hatred and distaste for our club.

Despite the fact the interviewer has stated he noted and printed Hartley's responses verbatim.

Despite the fact for all his press comments and threats Hartley has not dared to pursue the individual who uncovered the article and published it on the net.

The comment about him being a Catholic being of any importance was wrong. Lets educate though, rather than lambast. I believe that poster is 12 years old, and while his views on Rangers matters are as valid as anyone else, he may not be aware of the Hartley article, and has therefore jumped to that conclusion, or been ill advised by others.

You don't want to see Paul Hartley at the club, and I understand your stance. But if he signs, will you boo him ? And would you support any protests, inside or outside of Ibrox ?

The whole Hartley thing is getting a bit silly.. We don't even know if he'll sign yet. And anyways, even if he actually did say that, it was a stupid remark when he was a kid. How many people on here can honestly say they've never said anything stupid, or offensive, or whatever when they were younger? I can't believe people are trawling up quotes from 10 years ago as a reason not to sign him.

I'm not sure it was "an innocuous fanzine interview". They invited him to say something controversial and the daft kid took the bait.

"The comment about him being a Catholic being of any importance was wrong. Lets educate though, rather than lambast. I believe that poster is 12 years old, and while his views on Rangers matters are as valid as anyone else, he may not be aware of the Hartley article, and has therefore jumped to that conclusion, or been ill advised by others.

You don't want to see Paul Hartley at the club, and I understand your stance. But if he signs, will you boo him ? And would you support any protests, inside or outside of Ibrox ?"

Well I can only comment AB on what is written here...obviously you have the benefit of knowing the background to some of the posters.

But if people want to make ridiculous comments then they will be challenged....are you telling me my posts are not challenged ? And quite rightly to if people either disagree or seek clarification.

I thought your comment as follows was a very fair and balanced observation...

"Even if people are against Hartley, their loyalty to Walter and the club in general should be stronger than any hate for one individual, so I hope these fans do not stage any kind of protest, inside or outside Ibrox."

What particularly annoys me....is attempts to re-write or diminish the significance of comments Hartley has made....its ridiculous to try and dismiss a factual event when the balance of factors clearly shows he did in fact make such comments.

As for the arguement that "he was only as kid" when he made the statements. Maybe...but he is not a kid now....what he should have done...even before we were linked with him....when the article surfaced....was hold his hands up, admit it was a remark made by an immature youngster, apologise and leave it at that.

Booing him because he is a Catholic in our squad ???  What a desperate...and erroneous arguement to make.

But hey....maybe the fanzine was altered on  photoshop...

Despite the fact for all his press comments and threats  Hartley has not dared to pursue the individual who uncovered the article and published it on the net.

I'm not sure it was "an innocuous fanzine interview". They invited him to say something controversial and the daft kid took the bait.

To be honest Ibroxblue...given that it was a Milwall fanzine...do you not think if they were looking for a contraversial quote it would have referred to one of the other London clubs ?

A public apology is all it takes and he is forgiven but I will judge him on his sincerity so he had better be careful with the old body language when he makes the apology as required.

There is no other way he has to apologies directly to the fans of RFC, if people dont want an apology then thats up to them but he has to do it coz WE ARE THE PEOPLE (beer)

D'Artagnen,

I understand where you are coming from with Hartley. Whether or not there is any argument about him being misquoted, being young at the time, etc etc.......I believe that he should address the issue when he signs. Even if it's just a short statement at the press conference saying that he regrets the remarks and apologises to anyone that was offended by them.

But even if he doesn't, and I think you agree, the fans must back Walter's judgement in bringing him in from a football perspective and not stage any form of protest, as angered as some fans may be.

I would not boo a Rangers player on the pitch <nooo> and I think that even talk of protests, etc are a ridiculous over-reaction considering that this guy hasn't even signed doh .

Whatever my doubts about Hartley maybe we could look at this situation as an opportunity to show the rest of Scotland that we can turn the other cheek?

D'Artagnen,

I understand where you are coming from with Hartley. Whether or not there is any argument about him being misquoted, being young at the time, etc etc.......I believe that he should address the issue when he signs. Even if it's just a short statement at the press conference saying that he regrets the remarks and apologises to anyone that was offended by them.

But even if he doesn't, and I think you agree, the fans must back Walter's judgement in bringing him in from a football perspective and not stage any form of protest, as angered as some fans may be.

I agree with you AB...

But to be honest I cant see it happening. He has set his stall out so to speak with his denials in the press...cant really see him doing an about turn on this one can you ?

I would not boo a Rangers player on the pitch <nooo> and I think that even talk of protests, etc are a ridiculous over-reaction considering that this guy hasn't even signed doh .

Whatever my doubts about Hartley maybe we could look at this situation as an opportunity to show the rest of Scotland that we can turn the other cheek?

He didnt deny it so he must apologies...you are going soft if this is your stance....I know for a fact he said it and didnt deny it although he regrests it hence the reason he still has to make that apology

We have been walked over the top of in the past and I find it shocking that you are willing to let it continue (beer) :D

D'Artagnen,

I agree with you AB...

But to be honest I cant see it happening. He has set his stall out so to speak with his denials in the press...cant really see him doing an about turn on this one can you ?

No, I can't see him apologising unfortunately. Still, he's not even signed yet, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Is this thread still going doh

Your perpetuating it :P

And anyway, anyone who thought like that would never sign for a team, so if he signs then you can bet he'll play as best he can, this noise wont help any "fitting in".

And, another anyway, more than one of my mates have called me that and worse, especially after an old firm game where we win. And, ive done the same back, you dont have to be a bigot to make the statement at certain times, but I seem to feel that its mainly bigots who get upset about it... People from here (glasgow) are known far and wide for our ability to have a banter and a joke, why does it sometimes seem to need the muppets taking life all to seriously sometimes to make noise and bemoan.