National side

reddrock

national side  

193 members have voted

1. 1. does it matter

• Yes the scotland side matters
    • No the Scotland side matters not

playing for your country is a priveledge not a right, yes Burley made the wrong decision at the weekend and yes Burley imo is definately not the man to take us forward but Kris not being involved in the game should of been the push he needed to become a regular at ibrox i.e. showing a bit more in training (from what iv heard).

This is another comment (there were a few others) that Burley made that I can't agree with, I mean does it really matter what a player does in training? it's what he does on the park that should count, is it not?

I saw an interview with Arsene Wenger (arguably one of the top managers in the world) and in this interview was talking about youth policy, tactics and training etc. During this interview he stated that both Patrick Vierra and Marc Overmars were two of the laziest players he has ever coached when it came to training.

He went onto say that these players would only do what they had to do in training, would never over work themselves and would always try and get away with whatever they could. However come a saturday he had NO hesitations in naming these same players in his starting 11 as he knew what they could produce come match day.

Now i'm not saying Boyd is of the calabour of Vierra or even Overmars but when it comes down to producing something on the day i'm pretty sure Boyd's scoring record speaks for itself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing for your country is a priveledge not a right, yes Burley made the wrong decision at the weekend and yes Burley imo is definately not the man to take us forward but Kris not being involved in the game should of been the push he needed to become a regular at ibrox i.e. showing a bit more in training (from what iv heard).

This is another comment (there were a few others) that Burley made that I can't agree with, I mean does it really matter what a player does in training? it's what he does on the park that should count, is it not?

I saw an interview with Arsene Wenger (arguably one of the top managers in the world) and in this interview was talking about youth policy, tactics and training etc. During this interview he stated that both Patrick Vierra and Marc Overmars were two of the laziest players he has ever coached when it came to training.

He went onto say that these players would only do what they had to do in training, would never over work themselves and would always try and get away with whatever they could. However come a saturday he had NO hesitations in naming these same players in his starting 11 as he knew what they could produce come match day.

Now i'm not saying Boyd is of the calabour of Vierra or even Overmars but when it comes down to producing something on the day i'm pretty sure Boyd's scoring record speaks for itself.

Good points but remember it's not just Burley. Boyd has an amazing scoring record yet has failed to convince four different managers (two at both Scotland and Rangers) that he should be a first pick.

Good points but remember it's not just Burley. Boyd has an amazing scoring record yet has failed to convince four different managers (two at both Scotland and Rangers) that he should be a first pick.

Correct, Briton.

For Boyd to say, I won't play for Scotland cause the manager doesn't pick me every time looks silly. What's next, I won't play for Rangers unless I am guaranteed a spot in the side every week?

Playing for a national team is important because it forces you to raise your game to another level, both to win your place and then to excel.

My problem with Boyd is that successive managers have a go at him that he's too static, lacks work rate etc etc yet keeps doing the exact same thing. If I was in his shoes, I'd think "I'm hitting in goals for fun against smaller teams but people don't trust me against top opposition. Do I really want to go down in history as Rangers' most lethal finisher against tier 2 opposition ever?"