***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

I always try to run at a profit.

I play too many games as Rangers, so profit is always in the back of my mind :lol:

Means I get more cash next year, because when you Man City some of the valuations of players are incredible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Man City side went unbeaten in the league last year, winning 33 games and drawing 5.

Won by 17 points in the end :)

I also win the League Cup and the FA Cup, but lost in the CL Quarters to Inter even though I humped them over two legs.

Most importantly, I actually managed to run the club at a a profit of £5m for the season!

I find in FM the least important thing is running the club at a profit.

If the board throw money at you then so be it.

In FM08 I spent £63m on Joao Moutinho made up of a huge lump sum then paying another huge sum over 18 months. The club were skint fo 18 months paying back the transfer.

Ended up about £40m in debt and still kept the job.

I love FM! :D

:anguish: Veloso is so much better

I always try to run at a profit.

I play too many games as Rangers, so profit is always in the back of my mind :lol:

Means I get more cash next year, because when you Man City some of the valuations of players are incredible.

I'm still playing 08 with Barcelona and run a tighter ship. Try to bring through the youngsters or buy youngsters on the cheap who will turn good.

I enjoy it more when the players are computer generated. At the minute Messi is 32, Bojan is about 29 and Veloso is 33. Them and Matias Fernandez are the only recognised players I have left in my team!

My Man City side went unbeaten in the league last year, winning 33 games and drawing 5.

I also win the League Cup and the FA Cup, but lost in the CL Quarters to Inter even though I humped them over two legs.

Most importantly, I actually managed to run the club at a a profit of £5m for the season!

£5 million thats fuck all.

Barca Fm08- spent 87M on new players at start of season to put myself 27m in the red by the end of the season my balance was 168m after getting tv revenue of which i spent 140m to leave myself in the black to get to the end of the season and i ran at a profit of 30m for that second season :)

£5 million thats fuck all.

Barca Fm08- spent 87M on new players at start of season to put myself 27m in the red by the end of the season my balance was 168m after getting tv revenue of which i spent 140m to leave myself in the black to get to the end of the season and i ran at a profit of 30m for that second season :)

It's not bad when you've spent over £130m on players ;)

£59m thats a bargain PPg51 get him signed i got qouted 97m in my 08 Barca game :anguish:

Agreed the deal but failed a medical as he was injured for three months.

I fucking hate that!

£59m thats a bargain PPg51 get him signed i got qouted 97m in my 08 Barca game :anguish:

Agreed the deal but failed a medical as he was injured for three months.

I fucking hate that!

Fucking annoying shoudl try and get the deal tied up for the end of season instead although dont know if he will still fail the medical <cr> knowing Fm his price will double when he is fit.

Last day of the season and St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and QOTS all have a chance of going up. For my team to gain promotion we have to win and hope St. Johnstone don't win away to Livingston and Dunfermline lose at home to Thistle. 3 minutes in I'm losing 1-0 but go in 2-1 ahead at the break, St. Johnstone are winning 1-0 at this point and Dunfermline are drawing 0-0. Last 20 minutes and I'm comfortably winning 4-1 but St. Johnstone are winning 2-1 and Dunfermline are drawing 1-1. Last 2 minutes and both Thistle and Livi score :D and I would win the league if things stayed the same. However, they didn't, St. J scored in the 93rd minute and finished top.

:mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish:

Last day of the season and St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and QOTS all have a chance of going up. For my team to gain promotion we have to win and hope St. Johnstone don't win away to Livingston and Dunfermline lose at home to Thistle. 3 minutes in I'm losing 1-0 but go in 2-1 ahead at the break, St. Johnstone are winning 1-0 at this point and Dunfermline are drawing 0-0. Last 20 minutes and I'm comfortably winning 4-1 but St. Johnstone are winning 2-1 and Dunfermline are drawing 1-1. Last 2 minutes and both Thistle and Livi score :D and I would win the league if things stayed the same. However, they didn't, St. J scored in the 93rd minute and finished top.

:mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish: :mecha-anguish:

I feel your pain!

:mecha-anguish:

Rangers finished 3rd in my Man City game last season, so I went Barcelona and bought Kenny Miller off them for £83m :lol:

Hopefully that extra cash helps them put Celtic back where they belong ;)

Rangers finished 3rd in my Man City game last season, so I went Barcelona and bought Kenny Miller off them for £83m :lol:

How has kenny performed?

They probably bought him back for £84m. :anguish: