Being a dinosaur

minstral

i am always getting accused of being a dinosaur, but now i take it as a compliment as it proves i will not surrender to david murray and his idea of rangers f.c.. i am quite happy to live in the past with the team i grew up and loved, and where we would fight back against the enemies of our club. all our founders and absent friend will be turning in their graves at the direction the club is heading, and everything they built is being pulled apart by the people who now run our club. i wish i had a time box and could head back to see the real rangers club, but i will just remain a dinosaur and stay in the past with all my memories, as thats one thing murray cant destroy. :rangers:

I am glad you have found some sort of contentment in your glorification of the past and your memories of how you remember it being.

Me, I am happy to have some fun in the here and now - I look forward to the future and the challenges ahead, the race to win this years SPL, maybe even a treble. I look forward to another go at Europe next season and (looking past) I can still remember fondly the near past of reaching the UEFA cup final, the fantastic emotions of getting there and a great day out, if dissapointing at the end. I see a young team on the park who can develop and dominate in years to come. Basically, I guess, I am a lot happier living with a positive attitude and the thrill of what is yet to come and you are happiest wallowing in the past. Have fun.

Just to clarify, why is looking back fondly on times gone by "wallowing"? Do you think then that anything that has happened anywhere in the world should be instantly forgotten? Such as, I dont know, rememberance day? Easter? Our European Trophy win? Our run in the first Champions League? NIAR?

Your statement basically says we should, unless you are being selective and only wish to forget about anything Protestant related or similar?

Still waiting on a reply to this :unsure:

Found it - 'Wallowing' was just an adjective that summed up the way some people talk about the old days - they wallow in it - not celebrate it, not remember it fondly, but wallow in it like some comfort blanket of inclusionism they dont feel now and are getting left behind as society moves on.

society might have moved on, but thousands of fans prefer the old rangers, to the modern rangers, run by people to busy trying to appese others, instead of defending their own fans. we must be the only club in the worl d where the owner hates his own fans.

Tsk Ts Minstral SDM does not hate Rangers fans nor the club and thousands prefer the new Rangers.

Between BP9 and YNWA - I can only hope they manage to get their spine implants for the game this weekend. Or, we could do them a favour and get a spheirs article and 50, roll them up, and shove them in from the backside... Maybe they could walk straighter - till the wet set in and they rolled over again.

If that annoys either - then I do apologise - Ill send you some prawn sandwiches for tea...

Mistral - I hear what your saying mate. Sometimes the feeling you get when among other like minded people can be better than alot of things in life. and PC'ness has no place in a football ground...unless your a spineless twat...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between BP9 and YNWA - I can only hope they manage to get their spine implants for the game this weekend. Or, we could do them a favour and get a spheirs article and 50, roll them up, and shove them in from the backside... Maybe they could walk straighter - till the wet set in and they rolled over again.

If that annoys either - then I do apologise - Ill send you some prawn sandwiches for tea...

Mistral - I hear what your saying mate. Sometimes the feeling you get when among other like minded people can be better than alot of things in life. and PC'ness has no place in a football ground...unless your a spineless twat...

I have said on many occassion i would rather we didnt live in the PC world and we could belt out the songs. Its easy to cast aspersions on someone from what they write on the internet without knowing what they are doing in the background.

:rolleyes:

i am always getting accused of being a dinosaur, but now i take it as a compliment as it proves i will not surrender to david murray and his idea of rangers f.c.. i am quite happy to live in the past with the team i grew up and loved, and where we would fight back against the enemies of our club. all our founders and absent friend will be turning in their graves at the direction the club is heading, and everything they built is being pulled apart by the people who now run our club. i wish i had a time box and could head back to see the real rangers club, but i will just remain a dinosaur and stay in the past with all my memories, as thats one thing murray cant destroy. :rangers:

I am glad you have found some sort of contentment in your glorification of the past and your memories of how you remember it being.

Me, I am happy to have some fun in the here and now - I look forward to the future and the challenges ahead, the race to win this years SPL, maybe even a treble. I look forward to another go at Europe next season and (looking past) I can still remember fondly the near past of reaching the UEFA cup final, the fantastic emotions of getting there and a great day out, if dissapointing at the end. I see a young team on the park who can develop and dominate in years to come. Basically, I guess, I am a lot happier living with a positive attitude and the thrill of what is yet to come and you are happiest wallowing in the past. Have fun.

Just to clarify, why is looking back fondly on times gone by "wallowing"? Do you think then that anything that has happened anywhere in the world should be instantly forgotten? Such as, I dont know, rememberance day? Easter? Our European Trophy win? Our run in the first Champions League? NIAR?

Your statement basically says we should, unless you are being selective and only wish to forget about anything Protestant related or similar?

Still waiting on a reply to this :unsure:

Found it - 'Wallowing' was just an adjective that summed up the way some people talk about the old days - they wallow in it - not celebrate it, not remember it fondly, but wallow in it like some comfort blanket of inclusionism they dont feel now and are getting left behind as society moves on.

I dont think it was the right one in this case, and, since we are talking about a particular poster or 2, it definately does not fit. Minstral definately fondly remembers the past, as do I, and many others. My 2 favourite examples being Coops goal in the Dryborough Cup final, and, Ray Wilkins pass to Mojo in the fog against either Dunfermline or St Mirren, was the year we retained the title under Souness (2 in a row).

Nobody is being left behind, as, society is not moving on as you suggest. It is trying to, however, "retro" is being applied to almost everything, from fashion, to music, to tv and film, even football kits. All of this suggests that people who prefer times gone by are actually correct, as, society in general appreciates this.

However, the only "moving on" people seem to suggest is alienating people of a certain religious and/or political persuasion, which really is not correct

society might have moved on, but thousands of fans prefer the old rangers, to the modern rangers, run by people to busy trying to appese others, instead of defending their own fans. we must be the only club in the worl d where the owner hates his own fans.

Minstral..... you and others keep saying people used to defend our club. We were never under attack back in the 60's. Nobody gave a flying fuk about the songs back then.

Who, and in what instances, defended the fans ?

I think you are trying to be too specific, not sure why. The meaning here is simple. If anyone slated Rangers unjustly, the club, fans, players, all, would not accept it, and stick together. Its pretty simple. This was also the same when Murray first came to Rangers, although, perhaps that had more to do with Souness?

Old days

Press - what do you think about the racist nature of TFOI?

Souness - Stop being stupid and talkabout football

More than likely!

Now?

Murray - Our fans are bigots, we need to sort it out

Paraphrasing, but, the point is clear

I think you are trying to be too specific, not sure why. The meaning here is simple. If anyone slated Rangers unjustly, the club, fans, players, all, would not accept it, and stick together. Its pretty simple. This was also the same when Murray first came to Rangers, although, perhaps that had more to do with Souness?

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

Point not clear. Point is hearsay. (tu)

What was the clubs response to Ian Archers comments ?

Minstral..... you and others keep saying people used to defend our club. We were never under attack back in the 60's. Nobody gave a flying fuk about the songs back then.

Who, and in what instances, defended the fans ?

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

I read a story a while back about an old time Rangers manager, probably Scott Simon.

A journo had done a voxpop around Govan about Rangers, who weren't playing so well at the time.

He was allowed into the Manager's office.

'Would you like to hear some comments from your fans'?

'I don't have fans. Rangers Football Club has fans'.

'I take it you will be printing them in your newspaper'?

'I will'.

I will see them there. Goodbye'.

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

You know, I disagree a lot with the guy, but, at least BP9 actually debates, and acknowledges things at times. You clearly have your own agenda here, so, I will leave you too it mate

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

You know, I disagree a lot with the guy, but, at least BP9 actually debates, and acknowledges things at times. You clearly have your own agenda here, so, I will leave you too it mate

I have been debating and using examples througout this thread. My point is, you have made up an example whereby you claim Souness would have stood up for the fans or changed the subject. How can you possibly debate something that never happened and use it as reason to say "See. Well then. There ye go"

Again. Can someone show me an attack on the club from the 60's or 70's and subsequently the response from the club.

So far, we have been given Ian Archer, who 100% DID attack the club back in 72, but there has been a silence on what the clubs response was. It cant be difficult, as i have already posted the response by the way..... :sherlock:

I am wide open for debate here as long as we are getting facts and not myths (tu)

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

I have been debating and using examples througout this thread. My point is, you have made up an example whereby you claim Souness would have stood up for the fans or changed the subject. How can you possibly debate something that never happened and use it as reason to say "See. Well then. There ye go"

Again. Can someone show me an attack on the club from the 60's or 70's and subsequently the response from the club.

So far, we have been given Ian Archer, who 100% DID attack the club back in 72, but there has been a silence on what the clubs response was. It cant be difficult, as i have already posted the response by the way..... :sherlock:

I am wide open for debate here as long as we are getting facts and not myths (tu)

This is a fact ynwa your a nonentity now thats a fact

Aside from whether Rangers are winning or not, or whether our players are Protestant or not, I took the OP to mean that Minstral would rather have a chairman that stands up for us and doesn't allow the hysteria and the lies to tar us.

Now, you can claim that the disturbances at Barcelona and the singing of TFIO are the same but the reality is they are not. One involved crowd disorder and a pitch invasion. The other involves some people singing a song to deliberately make fun of someone's little vanities.

Old days

More than likely!

Now?

This is a fact ynwa your a nonentity now thats a fact

An you'll never walk alone, yoooooo'llll never walk again if a meet ya tosser ! ;) :unionflag: :sherlock:

An you'll never walk alone, yoooooo'llll never walk again if a meet ya tosser ! ;) :unionflag: :sherlock:

Threatening fellow Rangers fans now for daring to have an opinion. Perhaps im glad im not classed as the "us" you see as Gers fans.

Dignity, your name says :mutley:

You'll never walk alone your name says ! :mutley::rolleyes::sherlock:

Threatening fellow Rangers fans now for daring to have an opinion. Perhaps im glad im not classed as the "us" you see as Gers fans.

You dont half talk some amount of pish. :mutley:

You've been workin under cover so long that you've went native and your beginning to believe you're one of US ! :mutley::sherlock:

You've been workin under cover so long that you've went native and your beginning to believe you're one of US ! :mutley::sherlock:

Theres a few folk on here who can vouch for me. Can the same be said for you and your pish ? :sherlock:

Theres a few folk on here who can vouch for me. Can the same be said for you and your pish ? :sherlock:

Who like boab and radlord ? That's like Gary Glitter sayin it's awright for Jim Torbett to babysit ! :sherlock:

PS - Sorry forgoat :mutley:

Who like boab and radlord ? That's like Gary Glitter sayin it's awright for Jim Torbett to babysit ! :sherlock:

Dont know Boab. Dont know Radlord.

You avoiding the question ? :sherlock:

Naw but your trying to divert what I've said ? Who you anyway ? Not one of us anyway that's for sure ! :sherlock:

I'm just in awe of his graceful dignity. Whether he's getting all upset about Opus Dei, for some reason, or crying about fellow Rangers supporters disagreeing with him... and accusing them of being schizophrenic Celtic-affiliated infiltrators with superhuman patience and stamina, he certainly embodies the solemn Protestant dignity with a quiet and well intentioned grace.

10310.gif

I'm just in awe of his graceful dignity. Whether he's getting all upset about Opus Dei, for some reason, or crying about fellow Rangers supporters disagreeing with him... and accusing them of being schizophrenic Celtic-affiliated infiltrators with superhuman patience and stamina, he certainly embodies the solemn Protestant dignity with a quiet and well intentioned grace.

10310.gif

I was talking about you not to you so kindly speak when you're spoken to ! I thank you, have some manners ! ;):sherlock: