Reverse psychology chants v Raceltic

lancedeangers1

As most of you are i am absolutely seething with the daily inequality shown against us and the constant torrent of attacks on our support. I dont need to elaborate on what im getting at but it does seem that glorifying terrorists of the IRA is perfectly acceptable and tolerated at games. Since we are so bad and everyone is trying to get us to become more like the lovely Raceltic support, i think for at least one day we should bridge the divide and find some common ground with our infallible neighbours?

A hypothetical idea for consideration. Lets suggest at the next old firm game at Ibrox, we the Rangers support have an IRA theme day ? Much in the same way they did with the seville day at Ibrox a few years back but slightly more specific and blatant. We take along the many symbols of irish republicanism such as tricolours dubbed with IRA, posters of IRA associated stuff, banners with appropriate slogans against the state / queen, reminders of attrocities of IRA violence, tee- shirts of hunger strikers etc etc and add in some choice chants.

Now i know the instant reaction at this suggestion wouldnt be favourable amongst us but the question i ask is 'What would the reaction be from all these people who attack us then ?'

Would Celtic supporters have anything to complain about? Surely not, after all this is what they love and do week in week out but more sneakly.

Would the Celtic board have much to say ? Surely not as they accept and tolerate it within their own support.

The media?? Well they dont highlight it when they praise terrorists!!

I believe the only way to highlight them for what they really are is to use this sort of extreme tactic. I also believe this would get an enormous reaction from the media and authorities who would be forced to do something about the whole injustice scenario.

Hypothetically what does everyone think would happen if this was to take place?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is such a looney post, Did you honestly think before you wrote this? :ohmy:

As i mentioned the initial response wouldnt be favourable, but if you can see beyond that and understand and possibly contemplate the consequences of such a scenario. Its simply a tactic to get a reaction, similar to which have been used in situations throughout the world.

That is such a looney post, Did you honestly think before you wrote this? :ohmy:

As i mentioned the initial response wouldnt be favourable, but if you can see beyond that and understand and possibly contemplate the consequences of such a scenario. Its simply a tactic to get a reaction, similar to which have been used in situations throughout the world.

Favourable! He's saying favourable!

Your asking us to kid on to support the Provos, just to get one up on the media. If you want to do that don't buy their paper, don't watch their shows. But become a kid on Provo. C'mon pal, waken up a wee bit.

I'd rather rip my own testicles off with my teeth than be linked in any way with those child killing murdering manky fenian bastards.

I really don't know why you posted this, you said it wouldn't be favourable. Favourable isn't the word. What a fucken stupid post.

Favourable! He's saying favourable!

Your asking us to kid on to support the Provos, just to get one up on the media. If you want to do that don't buy their paper, don't watch their shows. But become a kid on Provo. C'mon pal, waken up a wee bit.

I'd rather rip my own testicles off with my teeth than be linked in any way with those child killing murdering manky fenian bastards.

I really don't know why you posted this, you said it wouldn't be favourable. Favourable isn't the word. What a fucken stupid post.

What a fuckin GOAT you really are. You obviously know little about the such matters and dont have the intelligence to process such a Hypothetical theory so just fuck off back to munching grass twat.

Nearly a good idea!

Why dont you get banners stating our hatred of the IRA and Celtics support of them.

They would be seen as Political messages not sectarian, as one gets taken down another one goes up.

Continually highlight there club and fans for the scum they are, the message will get across.

The point of this Hypothetical suggestion was simply to get thoughts on the stir it would cause amongst those who criticize us and especially those who pretend that the problem doesnt exist. It would bring the topic and issue that they dont want to confront to the very top of the agenda.

I fully appreciate that this would never likely happen as i mentioned, but if it was to, would we get in trouble? Would people then deal with this issue and challenge celtic on this?

Other looney ideas such as - Hunger strikes ( Bobby sands etc ), brought their issues to the top of the agenda. im simply using analogies here by the way before some accuse me of making comparisons.

Nearly a good idea!

Why dont you get banners stating our hatred of the IRA and Celtics support of them.

They would be seen as Political messages not sectarian, as one gets taken down another one goes up.

Continually highlight there club and fans for the scum they are, the message will get across.

Thats the exact point as you have made, 'to highlight the issue'. Although bizarre and sickening, surely it would highlight the scum for what they are as you say.

i think people need to calm down a wee bit. We know this is NEVER going to happen but the idea cracks me up. It would be the ultimate piss take, the tims wouldnt have a clue what to do and people like spiers wouldnt have a clue what to write in the papers( well he would probably find some anti rangers thing to write as usual)

i think people need to calm down a wee bit. We know this is NEVER going to happen but the idea cracks me up. It would be the ultimate piss take, the tims wouldnt have a clue what to do and people like spiers wouldnt have a clue what to write in the papers( well he would probably find some anti rangers thing to write as usual)

Again spot on, it would be interesting if nothing else to see how they would respond.