FM2009

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking out the Sigame forum, apparently there is a Patch coming out to download on the release date.

A lot of things is wrong with this game, Scrapping the arrows in Tactics for one was a crazy idea <cr>

I can use arrows in my tactics :confused:

The only arrow available in this game is either pointing up or down.

You cant use the Arrows like FM2008 where you could direct your players in any direction.

Can't see why they got rid of that function, hopefully this new patch when the game comes out sorts this :2g:

Unfortunately, a patch on release date is par for the course with FM since probably 06. Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding having all the bugs fixed with one patch. It's taken SI up to 5 patches for one game in the past and that's still with it's flaws. Undoubtedly, it's not something that can be perfected but I reckon SI would fare a lot better with their initial results if they got rid of the freeloaders that they call BETA testers. I help run a website that is dedicated to the FM series and I know a hell of a lot of beta testers interested only on getting an advanced preview of the game and not actually reporting bugs. Obviously, that doesn't go for all the BETA testers but I know a few of them who are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Checking out the Sigame forum, apparently there is a Patch coming out to download on the release date.

A lot of things is wrong with this game, Scrapping the arrows in Tactics for one was a crazy idea <cr>

I can use arrows in my tactics :confused:

The only arrow available in this game is either pointing up or down.

You cant use the Arrows like FM2008 where you could direct your players in any direction.

Can't see why they got rid of that function, hopefully this new patch when the game comes out sorts this :2g:

Unfortunately, a patch on release date is par for the course with FM since probably 06. Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding having all the bugs fixed with one patch. It's taken SI up to 5 patches for one game in the past and that's still with it's flaws. Undoubtedly, it's not something that can be perfected but I reckon SI would fare a lot better with their initial results if they got rid of the freeloaders that they call BETA testers. I help run a website that is dedicated to the FM series and I know a hell of a lot of beta testers interested only on getting an advanced preview of the game and not actually reporting bugs. Obviously, that doesn't go for all the BETA testers but I know a few of them who are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Yeah it does take them a few patches to get things right :(

Your 100% spot on about these Beta testers (tu)

Game is good but few bugs that need to be fixed...

Ive been beta testing FM Live since February this year and ive noticed tons of bugs but as you said there is too many people that just see the beta as a free preview of the game.

Ive had the demo since Tuesday last week as well and ive played a few games now and the same ones keep on occuring...

There will be a patch out on the Friday as per but the demo is weeks old.

The final game will be much better and hopefully the patch will fix some of the bugs.

But again the patch will fix one bug and no doubt fuck up something else and the game will be playable around march next year!

Apart from that im loving it!

3D Match is poor so I'll be sticking the original one back on!

I also seem to get an injury every game I play which is frustrating!

But as I do every year, I'll buy it because it's just so damn addictive! :lol:

Not too happy with Rangers stats as usual and the transfer budget of 1 Million!

Last one I played was 03/04 - this is so much more complicated!

So far I've got horsed by bremen in a friendly, got knocked out of the 2nd CL qualifiers by Liege, lost Mendes to a long term ankle injury and am 9th in the SPL. I even lost 2-1 at the Tattiedome. Not going well!

Any good Bosmans would be appreciated - couldn't even get Darren Barr for the massive £1m pot they give you.

Hated the 3D match engine - 2D fine by me.

Last one I played was 03/04 - this is so much more complicated!

So far I've got horsed by bremen in a friendly, got knocked out of the 2nd CL qualifiers by Liege, lost Mendes to a long term ankle injury and am 9th in the SPL. I even lost 2-1 at the Tattiedome. Not going well!

Any good Bosmans would be appreciated - couldn't even get Darren Barr for the massive £1m pot they give you.

Hated the 3D match engine - 2D fine by me.

Davids and Ljungberg are Bosmans (tu)

i pretty much got hammered as well the first few games,just getting into the swing of it before the demo ended :lol: .

I refused to put any type of defensive formation or tactics against Timmy and paid the price :barf: .

My first taste of FM though and ill be buying it

Thoughts on the 3D match engine? I had to turn it off, it felt like watching your mates play Actua Soccer or something.

I don't mind the 2D mode at all.

I did exactly the same mate, I felt like I was getting motion sickness. Might be better on the real thing.

I started as Rangers and though Fleck looked pretty promising, so I wanted to test the theory so started a new game went Man UTD and scouted him for 3 games. Scouts think he can be better than anderson!! Bought him for £2.9million, £500k upfront and 15% selling on fee.

FAT Ronaldo is a bosman also!