Thats football eh!

pcbear

Some of the negativity posted during/after the game imo is way ott, we are not going to steamroll every team at Ibrox 5-0 at half time, that was a one off, win some, lose some and draw some has been the way for 135 years and will be for the same again, we dont have the divine right to win every game and it would be pretty naive to think so.

Three points tonight would have been great, but the way the game was heading i had resigned to getting none so call one a bonus.

Anyway mini rant over, as i said thats football, onwards and upwards Gers.

True, although after some of the results we've had this year and form Celtic are in we really can't be dropping 2 points at home. 3 goals lost at home is always going to draw criticism.

Some of the negativity posted during/after the game imo is way ott, we are not going to steamroll every team at Ibrox 5-0 at half time, that was a one off, win some, lose some and draw some has been the way for 135 years and will be for the same again, we dont have the divine right to win every game and it would be pretty naive to think so.

Three points tonight would have been great, but the way the game was heading i had resigned to getting none so call one a bonus.

Anyway mini rant over, as i said thats football, onwards and upwards Gers.

Fair enough, but the concern is that if we continue to defend the way we have been of late, we will not win the league.

Can people not understand that when the management team makes a total arse of thing, which they did tonight, they'll get criticised?

If I fucked up at work, I'd get criticised and rightly so.

Walter, McGregor and a number of others have came in for criticism on this board tonight and deservedly so. Should we be happy with a draw at home?

Can people not understand that when the management team makes a total arse of thing, which they did tonight, they'll get criticised?

In what way did they do that tonight? How many people thought that was the wrong team when it was announced? That's our first choice back four and goalkeeper - would you have played someone different? We played 4-4-2, wrong formation?

I thought delaying the subs was correct as we spent most of the second half carving them open again and again - the ball just didn't run for us. Personally I wouldn't have put Ferguson on for Novo, but that's hardly making a "total arse" of it.

The fault for the result lies with the defence and goalkeeper, not the management.

In what way did they do that tonight? How many people thought that was the wrong team when it was announced? That's our first choice back four and goalkeeper - would you have played someone different? We played 4-4-2, wrong formation?

I thought delaying the subs was correct as we spent most of the second half carving them open again and again - the ball just didn't run for us. Personally I wouldn't have put Ferguson on for Novo, but that's hardly making a "total arse" of it.

The fault for the result lies with the defence and goalkeeper, not the management.

our defence and goalie let us down tonight

the only criticism of the management would be , why not bring on lafferty and give us another goal threat , Fergie does not offer a goal threat

Lafferty should have come on for Novo with 25 mins left , give him a chance to impress

but i still think we played well tonight

The management should never be picking McGregor. They should NEVER have dropped an in-form Alexander, so yes, that's the management fucking up.

The management should be working on the attacking and defending of set pieces. For years they've been at an amateur level and there's no improvement on the horizon. So, yes, that's the management again.

Taking until 82 minutes with the subs - Wrong.

Putting Ferguson on for Novo - Wrong.

All faults of the management.

The management should never be picking McGregor. They should NEVER have dropped an in-form Alexander, so yes, that's the management fucking up.

The management should be working on the attacking and defending of set pieces. For years they've been at an amateur level and there's no improvement on the horizon. So, yes, that's the management again.

Well there weren't many people on this forum pre-match saying McGregor shouldn't play and the same team won 5-0 at the weekend.

Cast your mind back to last season - all the way to a European final on the back of a rock solid defence - that's an "amateur level for years" is it? Same management and you have no idea what they work on in training.

We made a hat load of chances between 65 and 82 minutes - you have no idea whether an earlier substitution would have been better or worse. Presumably you would have put on Lafferty, rather than Ferguson - so would I, but in fairness - how often have you actually seen him play?

Well there weren't many people on this forum pre-match saying McGregor shouldn't play and the same team won 5-0 at the weekend.

Cast your mind back to last season - all the way to a European final on the back of a rock solid defence - that's an "amateur level for years" is it? Same management and you have no idea what they work on in training.

We made a hat load of chances between 65 and 82 minutes - you have no idea whether an earlier substitution would have been better of worse. Presumably you would have put on Lafferty, rather than Ferguson - so would I, but in fairness - how often have you actually seen him play?

I'm not saying the defence as a whole is amateur - I'm saying our defending and attack at set pieces is atrocious! No-one can argue that.

10 men in the box when defending a set piece (leaving no-one for a counter attack) and we still concede regularly? Something isn't right there, do you think that's acceptable?

I can tell something needed changed earlier, everyone that's came back from the game has said that. Funnily enough, took us 10 mintues to score after we made the subs, so maybe doing it earlier would have been a great idea.

I can tell something needed changed earlier, everyone that's came back from the game has said that. Funnily enough, took us 10 mintues to score after we made the subs, so maybe doing it earlier would have been a great idea.

The goal was an individual effort from a player who started the match, hard to say it had anything to do with subs. It's easy to say that we should have subbed earlier when we don't win, but if the team is playing well and creating chances you do take a risk with a sub that those chances dry up - I've seen this happen loads of times.

While they created a number of chances they didn't score. It is definitely unacceptable to wait til the 82nd minute to make a substitution. Wattie ought to know by now that wee Novo can't run his arse off for 70+ minutes. He looked ragged by the 70th minute.

How many times have we heard it takes a sub 10-15 minutes to get into the match?!

Someone else pointed out that Mendes made a number of poor passes tonight. Think he should've been substituted. Although Medes wasn't the only player passing too often to the opposition tonight. I didn't think much of Thomson tonight until his goal.