No key players to leave in January

Poetry_In_Blue

Following the rumours that Marseille might try and make a bid for Bougherra, Walter Smith has declared that no KEY players will be allowed to leave in January.

Gers no to Boogie bid

RANGERS will reject any moves from Marseille for Madjid Bougherra.

He has excelled since arriving from Charlton in August for £2.5million and is an integral part of Walter Smith's plans.

The French side have £3m set aside for a new centre-half, but Smith has said no key players will leave in January.

....unless a suitable price is agreed.

:(

Well he did refuse any advances from Mowbray for KT during the summer.

True but we were still in the CL then...

Now, the debt has again increased and we have a surplus of players. Any offer considered decent will be accepted IMO - no matter the player as Hutton/Cuellar has shown.

Now, the debt has again increased and we have a surplus of players. Any offer considered decent will be accepted IMO - no matter the player as Hutton/Cuellar has shown.

Hutton was an exceptional offer though for someone who really own had a brilliant one season, and Cuellar invoked his own buy out clause and because of that we didn't have a choice, but to give Rangers their due they did use that money to buy other players.

Bit different though isn't it Frankie? We are unlikely to get a 'too good to refuse' offer for Bougherra like that which we got for Hutton. We had no choice with Cuellar of course but I wouldn't be surprised if we took an offer like that in any case.

Bit different though isn't it Frankie? We are unlikely to get a 'too good to refuse' offer for Bougherra like that which we got for Hutton. We had no choice with Cuellar of course but I wouldn't be surprised if we took an offer like that in any case.

:lol: This little part of the thread is about KT not Boogey Woogie!

It won't take an exceptional offer this time chaps...

We are £20million in debt without European football for this season so it will rise again markedly next summer.

We will sell if a decent offer comes in - £6million for Thomson and £5million for Bougherra would buy both players.

He can't transfer any way having played for Charlton and Rangers in the same season.

Sorry the thread has drifted towards KT not Bougherra, as KT is one of our key players! :D

Boogie did not play for Charlton this season

We are £20million in debt without European football for this season so it will rise again markedly next summer.

We will sell if a decent offer comes in - £6million for Thomson and £5million for Bougherra would buy both players.

Well I don't think we would get offered that much but you got to ask...wouldn't it be right to take the money in the circumstances?

Sad situation.

Well I don't think we would get offered that much but you got to ask...wouldn't it be right to take the money in the circumstances?

Sad situation.

Someone told me WBA will offer £6million for Thomson. Doubt Marseille could afford the £5million for Bougherra but there are always English teams interested at the right price.

Should we take the money?

It's a paradox: we simply cannot afford to destroy continuity again but we simply cannot afford not to sell players when good offers come in.

This is what happens when we waste over £7million on fringe players.

Sad situation.

Someone told me WBA will offer £6million for Thomson. Doubt Marseille could afford the £5million for Bougherra but there are always English teams interested at the right price.

Should we take the money?

It's a paradox: we simply cannot afford to destroy continuity again but we simply cannot afford not to sell players when good offers come in.

This is what happens when we waste over £7million on fringe players.

That would be a good offer for Thomson, and although I've come around to thinking he's a long term asset and don't want him to go, (I know you always rated him), it is an area we have cover in. That is not the case for central defence though.

Can't argue with your point about the fringe players...madness in the circumstances.

Following the rumours that Marseille might try and make a bid for Bougherra, Walter Smith has declared that no KEY players will be allowed to leave in January.

Gers no to Boogie bid

RANGERS will reject any moves from Marseille for Madjid Bougherra.

He has excelled since arriving from Charlton in August for £2.5million and is an integral part of Walter Smith's plans.

The French side have £3m set aside for a new centre-half, but Smith has said no key players will leave in January.

This is all fair enough walter saying this, BUT one thing he has not said is who the key players will be come January!!!

Will KT etc be in his plans he bloody better be I think KT is our new younger BF and I think he can get better and better my god did we get the better of the 2 (scott brown I mean!!!)

The thing I don't understand, is if these guys are on good long term contracts when not just keep hold of them for a bit?

Surely someone would come in with an offer of at least roughly the same in the next couple of years wouldn't they? Hutton had just signed a new 5 years contract, why we couldn't have knocked a million off his fee and said have him in June I can't understand :(

Even if he got injured or something there's plenty of time for him to come back from it, and that's really unlikely anyway...