did you see itv uefa mr smith

thedarvelmarvel

came across itv euro prog. it was on about youth and academy from across europe,ajax lyon barca amazing ,barca got rid of big names last summer and brought in 7 youths to the first team pool,and now better than ever ,man u. are on as well about having a steady supply of young players to call on and use to blood them in cup games and when they go 3 goals up,it works for them why ??

but what he is trying to imply is not why not sign youth, but why not play the ones we have.

aaron springs to mind.

Maybe because they aint good enough???

Just because other youth players are good enough for their respected teams doesn't mean ours are.

Oh yeah, we'd have a Super Human World Thrashing team of Young Un's. That'll be stopping Celik's 4 in a row 'nae sweat'. Join up the fucking dots eh. Where do you get this let the young un's in? Give me fucking strength.

It's not going to hurt us playing Jordan McMillan instead of Lee McCulloch is it ?

I'd rather play a youngster than some 30 year old striker who hasn't played there before doh

well, it's also hard to tell, is it not? Afterall, we watch the young un's playing young un's..... can they take that step up so soon? Dalwhinnie 15yr Old Loyal (I don't think they can, I don't see a Rooney in our youth, but I see good stuff). Later.

Reason for edit: pished! I altered nothing.

Did it cross your mind at the RFC fans can't wait (Arsenal's been chipping away for 4 seasons) and demand INSTANT success? But while we wait, let's bash Walter & the RFC BOARD etc. Fuck off!

Big teams in higher pressure leagues than our spl with better quality opposition in countries which are more than a two horse league can manage to bring in and play teenagers and still win competitions.

We regularly play with at least 2 passengers so don't tell me that we cannot blood a youngster in games even the scum manage and are not playing catch up.

I dread the future when Walter leaves us again with no young players having any experience and the squad depleted because all his regulars are past their usefull stage because of age and have retired or need to drop down a couple of levels. This time we will not be able to buy a new squad in the summer.

NOLUWDC. There aint many Englishmen left in that Gooners team. Walcott SOON to be leavng then........ a faceless club in Northen London? Do we wanna go down that road?

I don't see how Walcott will be leaving when he's just about to sign a contract for £3 mil per year.

And we won't go down that road of having no home-grown players. We had 9 Scots in the line-up on Saturday and we have many more in the reserves. Players like Fleck and Furman are good enough to play for Rangers when you consider players such as Charlie Adam can get a game.

NOLUWDC. There aint many Englishmen left in that Gooners team. Walcott SOON to be leavng then........ a faceless club in Northen London? Do we wanna go down that road?

Hoyte

Gibbs

Wilshire

Randall

Simpson

and a welsh teenager Ramsey all started for the Arsenal team which beat the full Wigan team so easily so I think there will be a bigger english representation in Arsenal shirts in the future.

Well brethren you take Walcott OUT of that team (when he joins Man C) there'll be no Englishmen left it that team. Is THAT WHAT YOU WANT AT RANGERS? You're telling me we've plenty in reserve! And how many make it to the 1st team at Arsenal? Join up the dots FFS.

seem to have been hearing this ever since I've supported the gers, even though we're no longer seen as a top flight team by Jonnie foregner, it still takes a special talent to make it to our 1st. team squad, we would'nt tollerate it any other way.

are any of our young crop really good enough? judging by some of the guys on the forum who attend reserve games it seems like it may be a big leap at the present time

while I understand the frustration among support at the likes of lee playing CH and believe me it pisses me off as well, just maybe we have no other options at the moment :angry2:

Well brethren you take Walcott OUT of that team (when he joins Man C) there'll be no Englishmen left it that team. Is THAT WHAT YOU WANT AT RANGERS? You're telling me we've plenty in reserve! And how many make it to the 1st team at Arsenal? Join up the dots FFS.

He is not going to Man City, I don't know where you're getting that from.

McMillan, Shinnie, Loy, Fleck are all decent Scottish players that will play for Rangers in the future. As docspiderman said, Arsenal will be having a lot of English players coming though shortly.

He is not going to Man City, I don't know where you're getting that from.

McMillan, Shinnie, Loy, Fleck are all decent Scottish players that will play for Rangers in the future. As docspiderman said, Arsenal will be having a lot of English players coming though shortly.

Shinnie and Loy must be coming up for 21, they've been wasted already. Fleck will have made fewer than 10 appearances for the first team by the team Walt leaves in 2010 (if he does leave).

Did it cross your mind at the RFC fans can't wait (Arsenal's been chipping away for 4 seasons) and demand INSTANT success? But while we wait, let's bash Walter & the RFC BOARD etc. Fuck off!

lets not shy away from the facts BH.

Because they are always participating in 4 competitions and can spend loads of money. Plus their leagues pay out more than the SPL. And their FA's allocate alot more money to youth development.

That's surely an argument for youth and not buying players?

----------------

Now playing: Ramones - Havana Affair