No case for the defence

Davemac

Think the defence were shocking today, but we defended like in PLG's time incharge. Thing that springs to mind is every time the ball goes in the box the back never know if the keeper is coming or not. The first goal is the keepers all the way yet he is glued to his line knowing that if they win the header he has no chance to save it. The ball is 10 ft in the air as it comes across. Think McGregor must be dropped as he is so inconsintant now one game he comes for everything from 12 yards out, the next he stays on his line all day long. :unionflag:

Think the defence were shocking today, but we defended like in PLG's time incharge. Thing that springs to mind is every time the ball goes in the box the back never know if the keeper is coming or not. The first goal is the keepers all the way yet he is glued to his line knowing that if they win the header he has no chance to save it. The ball is 10 ft in the air as it comes across. Think McGregor must be dropped as he is so inconsintant now one game he comes for everything from 12 yards out, the next he stays on his line all day long. :unionflag:

interesting point, there should be communication or at least an unerstanding. but surely any decent defender should, if in doubt, clear the ball away?! i didn't see the goal today but i feel we need a new RB and CB in january or else the league's a gonner.

wier must go!

Broadfoot done well today but not sure if he'd cope at CB against Celtic. Would like to see him at RB against them as him and Davis can keep McGeady out of the game, think Whittaker would struggle against the wee pape. Seems like Weir will have to do until January - Toe-nail would be a good signing but I don't see Magik staying if we were to sign him.

As for 10 players out - I can honestly see us selling Davis in January - if the likes of Bolton or Newcastle bid £5m he will no doubt be away.Same with Bougherra, if we make a £2m profit then bye bye Magik. It's okay though because Adam, Dailly and McCulloch will fill the gaps. Seems to be more about accounts than quality footballers these days.

The thing is our best keepers Klos and Goram rarely came off their line fo the defenders in front knew they had to win every ball but inside the 6 yard box the keeper would come and punch it clear. McGregor seems to thing that either every ball is his or goes the other way by glueing himself to the line. I'm not a fan of Alexander but if he is going to talk to the back 4 more them he gets my vote. How often last year did greggs scream at the back 4???? this year I can't think of one.

our defence is really poor. We may have conceded the fewest goals so far in the league but so many of them have been due to slack defending and could have been prevented. Thats 5 goals conceded to dundee utd in 2 games and all of them were due to very poor defending.