Too many bog standard players

Amac9

Who else would have started at the back today?

I know they had to start today but in the long run we have to get rid of pish like this in order to progress.

We are going backwards, back to the PLG defence.

Broadfoot and Ferguson done well today and Lafferty took his goal well, I was half expecting Lafferty to boot it over the bar so glad he proved that he can finish under pressure. McCulloch done okay in fairness in the first half but sold the goal. For time being we will have to stick with the rest of the pish as WS doesn't want to bring in the talented younger players.

Whittaker, McCulloch, Ferguson, Weir, Broadfoot, Lafferty just to name a few should not get a game if you paid me.

How can we expect to win a league title with pish like this?

Ok, not taking into account your bizarre choice of names,

the standard of players we are playing AGAINST are what standard exactly?

Or is Wilkie the Scottish John Terry, and, Flood the second coming of Ronaldo?

Whittaker, McCulloch, Ferguson, Weir, Broadfoot, Lafferty just to name a few should not get a game if you paid me.

It just shows how bad we are when we are unable to beat second rate crap!

I genuinely think we are the best footballing side in the SPL. Problem is we only show it for half an hour at most each game. Cant remember the last time i saw a Rangers team play a right good 90 minutes.

Some of the signings have been strange to say the least but they must have been sought after mangement team agreement not just WS?

To pay so much for players just for them to spend majority of game on bench or not even making squad makes me furious!

I genuinely think we are the best footballing side in the SPL. Problem is we only show it for half an hour at most each game. Cant remember the last time i saw a Rangers team play a right good 90 minutes.

Some of the signings have been strange to say the least but they must have been sought after mangement team agreement not just WS?

To pay so much for players just for them to spend majority of game on bench or not even making squad makes me furious!

I wonder if SDM even asks Walter why we spent 2.5m on a player who in 16 games has only featured for 60 minutes or is our club so rich that such a thing is tolerated without discussion or consequence.

Except, I think you are living in dreamland! Seriously mate

Take our "midfield" from today

Ferguson - SPL/EPL experience, National captain, widely regarded by almost everyone in football as Scotlands best player

Mendes - EPL experience, international experience, Champions league winner

Davis - EPL experience, international experience

McCulloch - EPL experience, international experience

On paper, where is the problem? Thats not buying SPL pish or mediocrity. Ferguson came through the ranks yes, but, all 4 of those players were bought from "the greatest league in the world" and, IMHO should b good enough. Slatingsmiths signings yet we all say we want t osign players from the big leagues etc

ALSO

Utd are on a run of what? 12 unbeaten? Something like that I am sure, and, they have a consistency, which counts for a lot. Many of the other teams in the league, have improved, and, as a result, which for me includes complacency, both sides of the old firm and their fans seem to expect to win every game, and, that every other team is pish, which is not the case any longer. Look what work ethic did for us in Europe last season!! quite a lot, and, all these teams like Hearts, Utd, Hibs, Motherwell have adopted that approach to gamesagainst us, are we surprised we dont do as well?

We refuse to give credit to an opponent and prefer to completely slate our own. A bizarre state of affairs

Ferguson - SPL/EPL experience, National captain, widely regarded by almost everyone in football as Scotlands best player

On paper, where is the problem? Thats not buying SPL pish or mediocrity. Ferguson came through the ranks yes, but, all 4 of those players were bought from "the greatest league in the world" and, IMHO should b good enough. Slatingsmiths signings yet we all say we want t osign players from the big leagues etc

ALSO

Utd are on a run of what? 12 unbeaten? Something like that I am sure, and, they have a consistency, which counts for a lot. Many of the other teams in the league, have improved, and, as a result, which for me includes complacency, both sides of the old firm and their fans seem to expect to win every game, and, that every other team is pish, which is not the case any longer. Look what work ethic did for us in Europe last season!! quite a lot, and, all these teams like Hearts, Utd, Hibs, Motherwell have adopted that approach to gamesagainst us, are we surprised we dont do as well?

We refuse to give credit to an opponent and prefer to completely slate our own. A bizarre state of affairs

McCulloch is like playing with a man down, he isn't a winger, isn't a striker and isn't a centre half. Whittaker isn't a fullback because he can't tackle, and Weir/Broadfoot combination wouldn't look out of place at a mid table SPL team.

Any team worth their salt builds a team from the back, our foundations are built on sand.

ALSO

McCulloch is like playing with a man down, he isn't a winger, isn't a striker and isn't a centre half. Whittaker isn't a fullback because he can't tackle, and Weir/Broadfoot combination wouldn't look out of place at a mid table SPL team.

Any team worth their salt builds a team from the back, our foundations are built on sand.

For 1, I dont rate mcculloch, never had, but, the comments are pathetic on here. Davis WAS worse today, yet, nobody is mentioning that

The reason I put their experience is, rate them or not, you dont make a career as he has done, and the rest, without being decent. On top of that, what is the "pedigree" of the opponents. It was a reaction to the words "bog standard"in the OP, comprendhi?

Weir, for me, his time has come, needs to retire

Broadfoot? - Ok, I asked in another thread, "What did he do wrong today then? apart from cover for both Weir and Whittaker while doing his job properly at the same time? "