David Weir

thebeerhunter

Have been hanging onto this thought in the hope that someone else would start a similar topic. I am sorry but Davie Weir is shot. His incredible lack of pace is causing Rangers defence to give away goals at an alarming rate. It could be argued that at least one of the crosses against Dundee Utd should not have come over but if you watch the coverage Weir is caught losing his man glaringly both times. Loyalty is all well and good and Walter is overly loyal to some players as we are all to aware but the time has surely come. Am sorry big man but its surely time to go.

However a position coaching defenders may well be his new forte?

hes past it. Hes been a great servant to us but theres no point keeping him in the team because of that or just because we like the guy. We need a quicker defender in there. We are letting in silly goals this season that we just would not have done a year ago.

I think Weir maybe needs a rest here and there. There was not a chance of dropping him today though, with Bougherra being out with a knock.

He's been somewhat of a bargain since arriving, but I think even Walter knows his days are numbered.