Christophe Berra - answer to our problems?

mccoist355

Berra has been rock solid, week in, week out, for Hearts for a couple of years now.

Ideally id like a Scottish/British player to fill that defensive role for Rangers - and lets face it - time should be up on Weir now, i mean, why should we have to wait until he fecks up a match for us before he finally say "ok, a 40 something at the heart of defence is a bit old"

Berras impressed me more than any other, he's got leadership credentials, and is the right age.

I think it would take 3-4million but we urgently need a refreshed presence at the back there. I read in one of the rags today that Romanov was planning to sell on a few players..

maybe we could add Driver to the deal - hes a left footer isnt he?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really need to give yourselves a shake if ya think the likes of Berra are good enough for Gers

Wasnt Sir Alex Ferguson watching him when we went to Tynecastle?

So good enough for ManUtd but not Rangers??

Hes a class player and we need the cream of Scotland at Ibrox. Im sick of watching a Scotland team made up of 7 or 8 C**ts

really need to give yourselves a shake if ya think the likes of Berra are good enough for Gers

Hes a class player and we need the cream of Scotland at Ibrox. Im sick of watching a Scotland team made up of 7 or 8 C**ts

that is what he isn't. if sir alex was that interested he would have signed he obviously seen how pish he was at got back to manchester as quick as possible

Who's to say Alex didn't laugh his way through the match wondering what all the hype was about?

I, personally, think that if we signed Berra right now, he'd be a step up from Weir and Broadfoot and would form a solid partnership with Bougherra. However, next year would roll around, Europe would come along, and then we'd be saying the same things of him that we are about Broadfoot and the like.

Berra is just the latest in a long line of "future superstars" to come out of the capital.

We have seen this sort of hype already with Brown, Webster, Thomson, O'Connor, Riordan, Gordon, Whittaker, Murray & Miller.

Yet it's only Gordon and possibly Miller has gone on to truly prove himself at a higher level.

Berra is good in the air, but on the deck he is poor.

In all honesty I truly fail to see why there is so much hype surronding him.

I think any player in Berra's situation would improve 300% under Weir's tuition, but we can do better.

Tonel or Marek Suchy would probably cost similar amounts and both are currently 10000 times better than the inconsistent Berra.

So you base buying a mediocre SPL player so we have more players in the Scotland squad that celtic?

Maybe you should take Chester's job (tu)