Back Post Again

harry handsome

Two goals conceded by not attacking the ball at the back post, i can see it Levein also said that he wanted the ball crossed in from wide areas, he can see it, why cant Smith see it.

I dont have a go at the club or players that often but this is wearing thin.

I would go back and get Shittu in at least he attacks the ball.

We would be running away with the league if we could cope with cross balls.

Two goals conceded by not attacking the ball at the back post, i can see it Levein also said that he wanted the ball crossed in from wide areas, he can see it, why cant Smith see it.

Both McGregors fault, if Defenders are facing their own goal so close in, the attacker has the advantage every time. Goalie must take anything crossing the 6 yard box.

McGregor must have glue on his boots that sticks him to the goal line

Both McGregors fault, if Defenders are facing their own goal so close in, the attacker has the advantage every time. Goalie must take anything crossing the 6 yard box.

If Whittker would stop trying to be Billy Elliot then the ball wouldn't make the box. Do agree though that when the ball does get in the box we need to do better. Both defenders and Keeper

McGregor looks shakey due to the crap defence we have

Every one of them are pathetic

The two crosses were excellent but should never have happened - Whittaker looked exposed, Davis didn't seem to do much to help in second half - and McGregor should have done more - thats 4 goals at back post in last 2 away matches :(

Have a look at the cross for the first goal again - how on earth could any keeper have taken that? Be reasonable

Agree about the second, though

I think its the other way around, I think they have no confidence in our goalie

I think its the other way around, I think they have no confidence in our goalie

That may be true but it still doesnt excuse the fact that both balls should have been cleared. If the defenders dont trust the goalkeeper to get the ball then they should be clearing it themselves but they failed to do that on more than the 2 occassions we were punished on saturday. I thought walter had brought us on a bit from the le guen era but this is exactly the same problem we had when he was here. Simple crosses into the box and we couldnt clear them. I thought we had coped well without cuellar but theres no way we would have conceded the goals we have in the past few games if he had been playing.

Walter after a number of games should admit that he made a mistake bringing McGregor back too soon.

The GK just looks terrified at crosses. Alexander should come in.

Davis and Whittaker were awful defensively last Saturday. Both could have done a lot more to stop these crosses being put in.

Then the CHs , LB and McCulloch at the second should all have been attacking the ball. McGregor should have come out and gotten the second cross. It was in his 6 yard box clearly.

Poor poor defending. We can do a lot better.

Broadfoot for RB next week?

I am a big fan of Papac, but I feel he could have done better by blocking Wilkies effort, and although McCulloch could have done better, where was Papac for the 2nd goal, surely it is a defenders job to pick up in that area , not a midfielders

I am a big fan of Papac, but I feel he could have done better by blocking Wilkies effort, and although McCulloch could have done better, where was Papac for the 2nd goal, surely it is a defenders job to pick up in that area , not a midfielders

Papac and Weir were at fault for the goals.

Not Whittaker "letting" the cross come in.

Not McGregor for staying on his line.

Not McCulloch for making an arse of the back post defending. (It's not his job and did well to find his way onto the bus, never mind try and play football.)

Papac and Weir were at fault for the goals.

Not Whittaker "letting" the cross come in.

Not McGregor for staying on his line.

Not McCulloch for making an arse of the back post defending. (It's not his job and did well to find his way onto the bus, never mind try and play football.)

McGregor should have come for the second cross, and taken the DU player out at the same time, the goalie would have wiped everything out in his path to get that.