A January clear out - meaningless?

Danny

It is said that every good team needs 22 players. 11 first choice players plus 11 almost as good players who can come in and mix it up. 2 players per position.

That's where the youngster come into it, maybe Furman, Fleck, Aaron, McMillan, Perry, Kinniburgh, Loy etc will be given more of a chance, following the old adage if they're good enough they're old enough. ;)

I think another problem is, we were piss poor and threadbare when Smith took over, and, needed to bulk up. Kaunas was a bit unexpected, but, at the same time, we didnt manage to get rid of as many as we wanted to before, so, part of this is still a hangover from Le Guens era, perhaps too much the other way.

I also have to say. I am actually surprised McCulloch, JCD and others have been as bad as they have been, unglamourous as they may be, they still should have performed a lot better, and, who knows exactly why

It's not these 6 or 7 duds moving out that worries me, it's the fact that Walter thought they could do a job in the first place and stick with them for so long.

Who's to say his next batch of replacements fit for action wont be the same?

Hopefully once bitten, twice shy but Walter is stubborn and always looks for the same things in players.