What the HELL is wrong with Scotland

Canadaready

Well, don't complain next time some tim in Dublin does it.

By the way, if its the title of this thread you had a problem with, it was only the title on the forum to generate discussion.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?op...91&Itemid=1

As you can see, I didn't say that anything was wrong with Scotland in the title as to not offend you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What comments on an Irish team ?

meh...

Canadaready has every right to comment on this as a supporter of Rangers F.C. which incidentally the example you have given does so too.

Fucks sake Andy you agree it's ridiculous but you don't want CR commenting on it 'cos he's from Canada ?

Guest Andypendek
God Almighty!

Boom, and what's more, boom!

I've no problem admitting seeing Scotland portrayed as a backward, drooling, sewer of bigotry and stupidity fills me with horror, and I'd do anything I could to avoid that. I'm sure this has travelled the world already as some sort of 'gee, look at those crazy haggis muchers!' comedy item on the news, and it certainly gives me a feeling of despair. Touched a nerve? You bet!

Guest Andypendek

By the way, if its the title of this thread you had a problem with, it was only the title on the forum to generate discussion.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?op...91&Itemid=1

As you can see, I didn't say that anything was wrong with Scotland in the title as to not offend you.

Thank you for that...I appear to have fallen for your trap!

God Almighty!

I've no problem admitting seeing Scotland portrayed as a backward, drooling, sewer of bigotry and stupidity fills me with horror, and I'd do anything I could to avoid that. I'm sure this has travelled the world already as some sort of 'gee, look at those crazy haggis muchers!' comedy item on the news, and it certainly gives me a feeling of despair. Touched a nerve? You bet!

I qualified my attempt in a way that separates this issue from other Scottish politial matters. Also, as I said before, I didn't use the thread title as the article title.

God Almighty!

Why do you talk that way?

It's not what you used to say

Can't you see things my way?

I feel so strange

I'm still the friend you knew

Surely you know it's true?

Why can't I get it through

That there's no change

One day things were o so right

But all that changed overnight

And now it seems that all we do is fight

Why should things be different now?

I try to talk but you just row

It seems that's how you want it anyhow

Why can't you just see

It's you who's changed not me?

Those thoughts are in your head

They're not real

But you still talk that way

That's all you'll ever say

You'll never see things my way

I feel so strange

I'm still the friend you knew

Tho' you can't see it's true

Why don't you get it through

That there's no change.

Hi declan what about yea

Having time off from Followfollow? Didnt think you got this crap over here.

An I didn't think we had fannies like you on here. :craphead:

Your posts in this topic don't exactly sound like anything any other

Gers supporter is thinking.

Ohno - what a silly mistake to make on a discussion forum!

<cr>

God Almighty!

Yeah same here! I don't want anyone from the outside looking in on national issues laughing and ridiculing us, but it's impossible not to take it on the chin here.

Timmy doesnt appear to be offended by this at all.

Poll results on "are you offended by Hokey Cokey?"

Not in the slightest 79 45.40%

Yes through perception of it being anti-Catholic 8 4.60%

Could not give two hoots 44 25.29%

We will join in/sing it for Koki 43 24.71%

It appears they are going to try and sing it first and keep singing it when we stop singing.

Beginning to think its much ado about nothing just because a couple of religious freak dingbats have lost their marbles (tu)

Probably the work of Phil Mac Gobble a Man. He is into shit like this all the while using sectarian language (tu)

Guest Andypendek

I suppose it would be daft for me to say no-one can comment on this, whether they're from Canada or Carnwadric. I doubt my protesting will stop CR saying what he thinks anyway and that's for the best, in a free world. But there's areas I disagree with him on this:

It is now apparent that Scotland is suffering from a legitimate case of neglect in terms of common sense.

I'd say it's Mathieson rather than Scotland; fortunately he does not speak for Scotland. Hell, on the grounds of tonights RR phone in, he doesn't even speak for Celtic fans or catholics!

The world just turned their back on Scotland. What a waste of time, effort, newsprint, and tax dollars.

That's the world's loss, or would be if it was true.

Not only has Scotland allowed itself to overstep the bounds of rational thought, but the story was published on the front page of The Scottish Sun.

Scotland hasn't, this dick and the RC church has.

Scottish Parliament, on this front, is an absolute failure.

Has there been a law passed banning this song? It's the flaming coppers who think this is the edge of anarchy who need booting. If Alex Salmond could do without one issue, I guarantee you it's losing votes through stupid football rows.

Anyway, hey-ho.

Timmy doesnt appear to be offended by this at all.

Poll results on "are you offended by Hokey Cokey?"

Not in the slightest 79 45.40%

Yes through perception of it being anti-Catholic 8 4.60%

Could not give two hoots 44 25.29%

We will join in/sing it for Koki 43 24.71%

It appears they are going to try and sing it first and keep singing it when we stop singing.

Beginning to think its much ado about nothing just because a couple of religious freak dingbats have lost their marbles (tu)

Probably the work of Phil Mac Gobble a Man. He is into shit like this all the while using sectarian language (tu)

Yet the headlines have been written. 'Rangers fans risk arrest' job done.

I hope they do join in, and afterwards when we pump them I wonder what complaints can be made about the big bad Rangers fans.

I guarantee you the MOPES and the mhedia will find an angle

I suppose it would be daft for me to say no-one can comment on this, whether they're from Canada or Carnwadric. I doubt my protesting will stop CR saying what he thinks anyway and that's for the best, in a free world. But there's areas I disagree with him on this:

It is now apparent that Scotland is suffering from a legitimate case of neglect in terms of common sense.

I'd say it's Mathieson rather than Scotland; fortunately he does not speak for Scotland. Hell, on the grounds of tonights RR phone in, he doesn't even speak for Celtic fans or catholics!

The world just turned their back on Scotland. What a waste of time, effort, newsprint, and tax dollars.

Not only has Scotland allowed itself to overstep the bounds of rational thought, but the story was published on the front page of The Scottish Sun.

Has there been a law passed banning this song? It's the flaming coppers who think this is the edge of anarchy who need booting. If Alex Salmond could do without one issue, I guarantee you it's losing votes through stupid football rows.

Anyway, hey-ho.

The fact that RR are debating it is in itself a dire indictment on our country. Not to ignore the fact that it was front page news on Scotland's second biggest paper and made the news on both ITV and BBC Scotland.

There's no dressing this up IMO. Yes it's ridiculous and is being laughed at but it's a proces of culmanating events that have led us here which IMO make our country a laughing stock.

The OF used to be famous for our intensity, now we're famous for our sensativity.

Guest Andypendek

I've just seen the BBC report on this. Frankly derisory, mocking, their disbelief at having to read the stuff out was almost visible. As my final exhibit, the report finished with a clown in full make up singing 'Dum diddly um-pum....PUM PUM!!!'

It also showed that fud who's doing his best to get Labour elected at the next election.....I wonder how he'll get on when reselection time comes around? At least he can always be assured a warm welcome in his local Labour Club.

I feel a lot better about this now, having seen even BBC Scotland treating it as a joke.

Guest Andypendek

It was the only topic of debate, Jim, but it was 100% - excepting Roughie, who made himself sound like a fool - people who were stunned at how risible this is. Rangers fans, Celtic fans, Catholics, Protestants, people of no religions, man, women...that wasn't a debate, it was a slamming concensus.

It was the only topic of debate, Jim, but it was 100% - excepting Roughie, who made himself sound like a fool - people who were stunned at how risible this is. Rangers fans, Celtic fans, Catholics, Protestants, people of no religions, man, women...that wasn't a debate, it was a slamming concensus.

Wait until we've beating the monobrows and sung it before dismissing it.

What comments on an Irish team ?

meh...

Canadaready has every right to comment on this as a supporter of Rangers F.C. which incidentally the example you have given does so too.

Fucks sake Andy you agree it's ridiculous but you don't want CR commenting on it 'cos he's from Canada ?

If anything, I think the fact that CR is from Canada at least allows us to see that we in Scotland are not nuts (although sometimes I wonder) and it is reassuring to get a view from the outside looking in. At least it's confirmation that we are correct in our stance against Timothy's 'victim card'.

Anyway, hey-ho.

You can disagree with it, thats fine.

The point of the article is to take it to the extremes and get people discussing it and pointing out how it is wrong. There may be some inconsistencies with the real world but it is all to invoke emotions and dialogue :)