I no longer recognise my football club

Tontospal

Agree with almost all of that Tonto.

As per the other thread I am just worried that it might give Murray the excuse to sell to the highest bidder - regardless of the consequences.

Whilst all you have said is true I think some of the changes would still have happened - albeit a more Rangers minded chairman would have put up much more of a fight. I cant believe the likes of Spiers are still allowed inside Ibrox after all the lies he has said about our club.

Murray's legacy will be that he was the the chairman with an army,which was more than ready for the fight, but he refused to lead his troops into battle.

It's a sad legacy and pales when compared to what it would have been had he left after his first 10 years in charge.

We all agree that Murray has to go and you are quite right in being worried that we may end up with a Romanov type, which could be disastrous.

The best scenario for me is a consortium of successful Rangers minded people (the likes of Hunter, the guy who owns Clyde Blowers, Gordon Ramsey, Donald Findlay) led by Souness as figurehead to take us forward.

The potential of our club is enormous as was proven by 200,000 at Manchester. Add in the millions of Ulster-Scots throughout the world and who knows what the club could achieve.

I see no reason why Rangers could not market itself as the world sporting giant/legacy of the Ulster-Scots people.

Just look at the New York Yankees. How many people wear the caps, t-shirts etc yet have no knowledge or interest in baseball nevermind the Yankees.

Tonto, that is indeed a massive market to tap, reaching all corners of the world.

Carry on in this vein and I'd happily see you on a consortium. (tu)

I am deadly serious about the club marketing itself in this way.

I believe that there are more Americans of Ulster-Scots than Irish catholic descent yet the impression is always the other way round as they feel the need to tell everyone at every opportunity.

The Rangers crest is a symbol of the world's most successful club in the world's most popular sport.

Given our history and tradition it should be marketed to those of Ulster-Scots origin.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic