I no longer recognise my football club

Tontospal

Wanting the best for Rangers makes me a t******?

You have made no comment at all regarding any point I have raised or answered any of my questions.

I've answered all of your slightly less ridiculous outpourings. Really stupid points like wanting the stadium emptied of supporters I left alone as, really, they require no additional ridicule.

But, I'm still laughing at your 'if all fans were like me' idiocy. Or was it the 'I've been to more games than you' part? Mibbe you being more upset about our support refusing to sing a song that would have gotten the club hammered? Or was it when you referred to the bears as cowards? Perhaps it was the 'Rangers are a joke of a club' statement?

As I said - jog on Declan.

:unionflag:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have made no comment at all regarding any point I have raised or answered any of my questions.

I've answered all of your slightly less ridiculous outpourings. Really stupid points like wanting the stadium emptied of supporters I left alone as, really, they require no additional ridicule.

But, I'm still laughing at your 'if all fans were like me' idiocy. Or was it the 'I've been to more games than you' part? Mibbe you being more upset about our support refusing to sing a song that would have gotten the club hammered? Or was it when you referred to the bears as cowards? Perhaps it was the 'Rangers are a joke of a club' statement?

It is people like you who are the problem and the reason why our club is a joke on and off the park.

I'll elaborate on each of my points for you because you are obviously a bit slow.

1) I have never advocated a boycott before but it worked in the 80s when we were equally poor. Holmes brought in Souness and awoke a sleeping giant. That is what we need now, something on that scale. Empty stands would send the message that what is being served up is unacceptable for a club of our stature. Unless of course your standards and ambition for Rangers are as high as your IQ.

2) As for if all fans were like me. I will not be back until Murray, Bain, Smith etc are consigned to the history books of our club. They are doing more damage than good and I refuse to condone or finance that destruction of our once great club. This ties in with point 1.

3) As for the me being to more games than you part. Read the post again and perhaps get a 12 year old to explain what I posted. I'll give you a clue, I qualified the statement and I actually posted that I know nothing about you but as expected you jump in, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

4) As for TFO. For weeks the internet and this forum in particular has been awash with fans touting TFO and promoting the singing of it, yet nothing apart from a total capitulation to our enemies. Not singing this song proves that our fans are cowards. As for your logic that it would have gotten the club hammered - that's absolute nonsense. On the contrary it may have opened up a public debate on the ridiculous situation whereby the protestant majority are persecuted for singing innocuous, inoffenseive songs whilst the minority are able to sing about and promote the worst terrorist organisation known to this country.

5) Rangers are a joke at the moment. Reread the points in my first post. That is why we are a joke. Apart from our history and the size of the support there is nothing else to praise or be proud of relating to the club at present. But tits like you are content with the position and dare to claim I'm a tim because I put my head above the parapet and dare to threaten the club.

As for your jog on Declan - you really are an idiot and that that statement just underlines the point.. The truth is that people like you are doing more damage to the club in the long term, unintentionally granted, than MacDonald yesterday.

I am disgusted that such a weak celtc side are miles ahead of Rangers and on course for 4 in a row. I se nothing at Ibrox at present that will/can stop them threatening 9 in a row or even beating it.

That is why I demand change within our once great club.

You might think you are a real fan if you continue to attend over the next 6 years and support the side as celtc run up 10 titles in a row. I cannot stand by and take the chance that this could happen.

Murray, Bain, Smith must be chased out of the club.

Nobody seems to care that they are now well on their way to 4 in a row.

The poorest celtc side I have ever watched win at Ibrox nevermind romp to the last 3 titles. They may be poor but that tells you all you have to know about our superstars who continuously talk themselves up in the press and fail to deliver on the pitch.

Rangers go into 2009 with:

A chairman who has no longer has the best interests of the club at heart

A CEO who is out of his depth on so many levels

A manager whose best days are well and truly behind him

An assistant manager who was a great player but is little more than a celebrity who is good for a quip

A coach who is only with us because he couldn't get anywhere near the first team of our only rivals

A squad of players who are bereft of talent, desire and understanding of the game

An apathetic and cowardly support that appeared to chuck it today. After all the hype I never heard TFO or the Hokey Cokey? Were the fans too scared to sing it as they are with OUR anthem TBB?

After taking a few hours to think what you had to say i have to agree with every word.

After they scored the reaction of the players apart from one or two was a disgrace.

Week in and week out the fans accept crap football, and the atmosphere is diabolical

this.

Im with you on this.

Who gives a fuck about TFO?

Here lies the problem, some supporters completely preoccupied with wanting to sing songs about them. Fuck them.

We are sleepwalking into a football abyss, but the right to sing about fenians, ftp, famies etc is deemed more important in some eyes.

Just back from NZ and watched the game, utterly appalled.

Januray could see the beginning of the end for us, big time.

The things we should be concerned about first and foremost are:

Why are the team a shambles after spending millions?

Why is our manager a clueless prick?

With regards to the CEO, he gave WS plenty dosh, so he is exempt for now.

Why no scouting network?

Why do we never bring on young players?

Why cant we sell our average players and always have to buy them out?

I make no apologies for saying this but the 1690 brigade do hold the CLUB back.

Im not having a go at Protestant culture and heritage, most of us come from it.

BUT, it is and never will be more important than the Rangers for most bears.

The poorest celtc side I have ever watched win at Ibrox nevermind romp to the last 3 titles. They may be poor but that tells you all you have to know about our superstars who continuously talk themselves up in the press and fail to deliver on the pitch.

An assistant manager who was a great player but is little more than a celebrity who is good for a quip

A coach who is only with us because he couldn't get anywhere near the first team of our only rivals

A squad of players who are bereft of talent, desire and understanding of the game

An apathetic and cowardly support that appeared to chuck it today. After all the hype I never heard TFO or the Hokey Cokey? Were the fans too scared to sing it as they are with OUR anthem TBB?

The chairman has said he wants to sell the club, he doesn't need chased out he said he is leaving, when he does you will gte your clearout CEO and manager included.

If you think sitting in your house will speed that up then so be it but don't criticise those who choose to support rangers and attend games during this period as you are not ina position to.

You care so much you are sitting on your arse at home sniping at what others sing, well done you sound like a real fan.......

After taking a few hours to think what you had to say i have to agree with every word.

After they scored the reaction of the players apart from one or two was a disgrace.

Week in and week out the fans accept crap football, and the atmosphere is diabolical

THAT is the fans fault, nobody else, however, everyone is looking for someone else to blame. Perhaps, if the fans, I dont know, actually ENCOURAGED AND SUPPORTED the team, it might pick up a bit. I mean, christ the players must hate playing at Ibrox these days, i know I would. Supposed to be the opposition that happens to.

As for the person who said something about the fans leaving early had obviously accepted defeat? Yeah, same ones who also leave early EVERY game? A large number of our support dont seem to realise a game lasts 90 minutes, just, in this case, you are choosing that to back your points up.

We say our team is shite, and, so are all the other teams, so, you would think at least we can beat them, since, they are all pish, and, all their players are too? Perhaps as a support we should turnup and expect to win, but, we dont, those who go to ibrox expect a defat, and, mon at every misplaced pass as if it was the worst crime in the world.

There are a lot of problems with our club at the moment, but, the atmosphere, and how we act is the ONLY thing we can control, perhaps starting with that would be an idea rather than bleating on about nonsense on forums.

Pish. Utter shite, nonsense, bollocks - take your pick. Every bear I know is pig-sick right now.You equate that with not caring?

And you think our support is apathetic? Not enough - we are cowards according to you. Away and ride yersel ya diddy.

:lol:

With regards to the atmosphere I posted this on FF. I reckon it's relavent here....

It wasn't pathetic as is being suggested in the OP but once they scored, the team and the Rangers support seemed to go in to their shells.

Anyone suggesting the t**** didn't create a good atmosphere there after are in denial. We can mock the Green and Grey brigays from now until the end of time but the simple fact of the matter is they have successfully introduced songs/chants from the continent and got the majority of their support buying in to it.

Yeah we are under the kosh in terms of plod, politicians, mhedia and our own fucking club (cheers Murray) in what we can and can not sing, but when one of our groups tries to introduce something new to the Rangers support it's either laughed at, or seen as an insult to the songs we already have. TBO for example when they wrote their own lyrics for Sos Cagon was met with a mixture of hysterics and contempt, no one offered alternative lyrics, no one suggested anything else that may get the Rangers support up of their arses and singing.

Rangers fans seem to only be interested in singing traditional Loyalist songs or ones that are aimed to insult the t**** (not that I have a problem with that), but FFS how many different songs have been thought up to fit in with the tune to the 'famine chant' or 'father Jerry' ? We are severely lacking imagination when it comes to creating new ideas and the few who want to change that are being ignored.

Don't know where the OP is going with this age theory, I see apathy throughout our support - from a 6 year old lassie to an old man in his 80's.

Anyone wanting to change that should join one of the groups who are doing their best to beathe some life back in to Ibrox.

As for getting new ideas for songs started amongst the masses etc etc. I've said before that the various groups need to work something out for away games, the GB travel together in numbers, sit together so are able to get the rest of the away fans joining in. At the moment we are all spread out all over the place, trying different stuff and making nigh on no impact whatsoever. Has to be looked at pronto IMO.

With regards to the atmosphere I posted this on FF. I reckon it's relavent here....

It wasn't pathetic as is being suggested in the OP but once they scored, the team and the Rangers support seemed to go in to their shells.

Anyone suggesting the t**** didn't create a good atmosphere there after are in denial. We can mock the Green and Grey brigays from now until the end of time but the simple fact of the matter is they have successfully introduced songs/chants from the continent and got the majority of their support buying in to it.

Yeah we are under the kosh in terms of plod, politicians, mhedia and our own fucking club (cheers Murray) in what we can and can not sing, but when one of our groups tries to introduce something new to the Rangers support it's either laughed at, or seen as an insult to the songs we already have. TBO for example when they wrote their own lyrics for Sos Cagon was met with a mixture of hysterics and contempt, no one offered alternative lyrics, no one suggested anything else that may get the Rangers support up of their arses and singing.

Rangers fans seem to only be interested in singing traditional Loyalist songs or ones that are aimed to insult the t**** (not that I have a problem with that), but FFS how many different songs have been thought up to fit in with the tune to the 'famine chant' or 'father Jerry' ? We are severely lacking imagination when it comes to creating new ideas and the few who want to change that are being ignored.

Don't know where the OP is going with this age theory, I see apathy throughout our support - from a 6 year old lassie to an old man in his 80's.

Anyone wanting to change that should join one of the groups who are doing their best to beathe some life back in to Ibrox.

As for getting new ideas for songs started amongst the masses etc etc. I've said before that the various groups need to work something out for away games, the GB travel together in numbers, sit together so are able to get the rest of the away fans joining in. At the moment we are all spread out all over the place, trying different stuff and making nigh on no impact whatsoever. Has to be looked at pronto IMO.

(tu) indeed Jim

I find it offensive to hear the small number of them outsing us at Ibrox, as happened yesterday

It seems that, because we cant sing TBB, it means peopl will sing nothing. Shit, sing FF or Rule Britannia the whole bloody game, I dont care, just make some noise, or rather, some POSITIVE noise!

Opposing teas must know that all they have to do is force someone into misplacing a pass and that is it, crowd is out the game

I'll elaborate on each of my points for you because you are obviously a bit slow. I have never advocated a boycott before but it worked in the 80s when we were equally poor.

Aye, I might be slow, but obviously not quite as slow as your good self, Declan.

A boycott in the 80's you say - and you did claim to have been going for years and years and years amassing more games than, well, everybody - so, please enlighten me about this 80's boycott.

I remember sitting in Ibrox amongst pitiably small attendances. Not just in the 80s mind - must have been during those other boycotts in the 60's and 70's too, eh? I remember the club on it's knees. I remember years between titles, a handful of cups scattered here and there to lighten the misery now and then. I remember all of it vividly because I kept following The Rangers. Nothing remarkable about that I don't think - it's what supporters do.

But, I don't remember a boycott in the 80's. There are reasons Ibrox was hosting more empty seats than supporters of course, but this boycott you refer to has me perplexed. Because there was no boycott.

Here's something, a message, that I hold dear as a supporter of The Rangers.

Though the streets be broad and narrow - follow we will.

You either understand it or you don't. It seems safe to assume you are saying you are going to stay away. And you're probably right to do so, because I expect you really don't understand.

But, I'm a big-hearted guy - so I'm prepared to listen to your tale of the 80's boycott. On yersel, Declan. Floors all yours.

I'll elaborate on each of my points for you because you are obviously a bit slow. I have never advocated a boycott before but it worked in the 80s when we were equally poor.

Aye, I might be slow, but obviously not quite as slow as your good self, Declan.

A boycott in the 80's you say - and you did claim to have been going for years and years and years amassing more games than, well, everybody - so, please enlighten me about this 80's boycott.

I remember sitting in Ibrox amongst pitiably small attendances. Not just in the 80s mind - must have been during those other boycotts in the 60's and 70's too, eh? I remember the club on it's knees. I remember years between titles, a handful of cups scattered here and there to lighten the misery now and then. I remember all of it vividly because I kept following The Rangers. Nothing remarkable about that I don't think - it's what supporters do.

But, I don't remember a boycott in the 80's. There are reasons Ibrox was hosting more empty seats than supporters of course, but this boycott you refer to has me perplexed. Because there was no boycott.

You either understand it or you don't. It seems safe to assume you are saying you are going to stay away. And you're probably right to do so, because I expect you really don't understand.

But, I'm a big-hearted guy - so I'm prepared to listen to your tale of the 80's boycott. On yersel, Declan. Floors all yours.

:mutley: spot on. i am also waiting with baited breathe, i must have been a scab in the 80s then, or, nobody told me about it

Moses. To be fair to Tonto I've considered the statement 'though the straits be broad or narrow' many a time, I've been close to packing it in on many an occassion.

The clubs stance on the Dublin Loyal banner being one an other I'm now mulling over is The Blue Order being oredered to remove a banner yesterday for poking fun at the monobrows sense of offendedness (the fact that that is seen as offensive tells us how weak and feeble a club we have become)

I always go back to Ibrox 'cause it's like a drug, I can't seem to shake of the urge no matter how subjugated an individual I feel as a result.

Everyone has their breaking point. I don't feel it's fair to question anyone who has reached theirs.

Moses. To be fair to Tonto I've considered the statement 'though the straits be broad or narrow' many a time, I've been close to packing it in on many an occassion.

The clubs stance on the Dublin Loyal banner being one an other I'm now mulling over is The Blue Order being oredered to remove a banner yesterday for poking fun at the monobrows sense of offendedness (the fact that that is seen as offensive tells us how weak and feeble a club we have become)

I always go back to Ibrox 'cause it's like a drug, I can't seem to shake of the urge no matter how subjugated an individual I feel as a result.

Everyone has their breaking point. I don't feel it's fair to question anyone who has reached theirs.

You need counciling mate

I'd agree, Jiminez, because I've been through this afore.

But, Tonto, Declans pal, calls the bears cowards, claims our club is a joke, wants the support to sings song that will drag us into bother, says the problem with the club is down to the fact that no one supports The Rangers properly. Unlike him, that is.

But, mibbe you're right and I should be fairer on him. After all he thinks that if we organise a boycott like the 'successful one in the 80's' the club will be saved.

Must just be me.... :unionflag:

Addicted to putting up with utter crap when you pay good money

You no barred just yet, Barrhead?

It'll no be long.

Fair point :D, it would help me if Ibrox wasn't seen as a massive addiction group every other saturday.

You no barred just yet, Barrhead?

It'll no be long.

Banned for what

If you are trying to wind me up with the Declan name calling then I'm sorry to say that it is not succeeding. It wasn't amusing the first time although you seem to want to use it as often as possible for some reason. I know what I am and that is all that concerns me.

There was obviously no official boycott as such in the 80s but tens of thousands chose to stay away from Ibrox until Souness became manager. Individuals acting on their own and not attending matches because they weren't satisfied with the quality on the pitch is the equivalent of a boycott, is it not? That is what happened and I know many fans who followed for years who found other leisure activities to participate in on a Saturday during that period.

Out of interest what are your reasons for the thousands of empty seats in the 80s, if it wasn't down to a 'boycott' of sorts?

Granted thousands continued to go (including myself) but many more stayed away. History highlights this point through comparing our crowds in the first half of the 80s to the second half.

I had no problem growing up with a Rangers side that was at times the 5th best in the country because although the team was poor they were at least committed. Many times I witnessed fans saying enough was enough but I always returned win, lose or draw. Times have changed. That side was paid little more than the average wage and was mostly made up of honest pros who were proud to be Rangers whereas today's overrated, overpaid players do not command anything like that respect from me. 100k Bentleys and they are unable to perform the basics, even with a world class training facility at their disposal.

I share your opinion that a supporter supports his team no matter what, through the good and bad times, but only as long as everyone associated with the club is doing their best and giving their all to achieve, or at least try and achieve, success. That has sadly not been the case at Ibrox for years and our standards and ambitions are lower now than at any point since the mid 80s.

I take no pleasure in saying so but the club on and off the pitch is a joke and I see no signs that this will change anytime soon.

Indeed, a very poor celtc are well on their way to 4 in a row. At the moment unless something drastic happens this could quite equal and surpass our and their 9. There is nothing on the horizon on or off the pitch to give any of us confidence that we will be able to stop them.

My view is that it is up to us as fans to force change upon the club on and off the park to stop celtc's domination. The only 2 options available to fan's that are not happy is to either a) boycott or b) protest at matches. I have simply chosen option a.

You seem quite happy to go along and be part of the happy clappy brigade despite the fact that the quality of football is as dire as at any time in the last 22 years. At least then we had limited players that at gave their all and played for the shirt. Now we have limited but highly paid players who put more effort in to talking themselves up in the press than actually delivering on the pitch.

Massive changes are required at Ibrox. IMO this is not going to happen without the fans acting to bring it about. It worked for celtc in the 90s and look how much good it has done them. Again history highlights how the balance of power has dramatically swung from the south west to the north east of Glasgow in the period following their fan revolt. Their actions was the catalyst that led to the position we are in today - playing a distant second place to a very poor but dominant celtc.

Of course, I must be a tim, or declan as you seem to prefer, for daring to highlight such a thing but it is a fact.

I stay away because I do not recognize Murray Rangers as the club I grew up with and have supported for over 35 years. After years of following with blind loyalty I now don't because quite simply I refuse to condone or financially contibute to what I see as the slow death of a once great institution.

I will be back but not until Murray, Bain and Smith are consigned to the pages of our history.

And I always thought that real Rangers fan knew that it was straits, not streets. Perhaps I should call you Declan.

I'd rather be a supporter that refuses to accept second best than one who simply follows with a mixture of loyalty and blind faith.

If you are trying to wind me up with the Declan name calling then I'm sorry to say that it is not succeeding. It wasn't amusing the first time although you seem to want to use it as often as possible for some reason. I know what I am and that is all that concerns me.

There was obviously no official boycott as such in the 80s but tens of thousands chose to stay away from Ibrox until Souness became manager. Individuals acting on their own and not attending matches because they weren't satisfied with the quality on the pitch is the equivalent of a boycott, is it not? That is what happened and I know many fans who followed for years who found other leisure activities to participate in on a Saturday during that period.

Out of interest what are your reasons for the thousands of empty seats in the 80s, if it wasn't down to a 'boycott' of sorts?

Granted thousands continued to go (including myself) but many more stayed away. History highlights this point through comparing our crowds in the first half of the 80s to the second half.

I had no problem growing up with a Rangers side that was at times the 5th best in the country because although the team was poor they were at least committed. Many times I witnessed fans saying enough was enough but I always returned win, lose or draw. Times have changed. That side was paid little more than the average wage and was mostly made up of honest pros who were proud to be Rangers whereas today's overrated, overpaid players do not command anything like that respect from me. 100k Bentleys and they are unable to perform the basics, even with a world class training facility at their disposal.

I share your opinion that a supporter supports his team no matter what, through the good and bad times, but only as long as everyone associated with the club is doing their best and giving their all to achieve, or at least try and achieve, success. That has sadly not been the case at Ibrox for years and our standards and ambitions are lower now than at any point since the mid 80s.

I take no pleasure in saying so but the club on and off the pitch is a joke and I see no signs that this will change anytime soon.

Indeed, a very poor celtc are well on their way to 4 in a row. At the moment unless something drastic happens this could quite equal and surpass our and their 9. There is nothing on the horizon on or off the pitch to give any of us confidence that we will be able to stop them.

My view is that it is up to us as fans to force change upon the club on and off the park to stop celtc's domination. The only 2 options available to fan's that are not happy is to either a) boycott or b) protest at matches. I have simply chosen option a.

You seem quite happy to go along and be part of the happy clappy brigade despite the fact that the quality of football is as dire as at any time in the last 22 years. At least then we had limited players that at gave their all and played for the shirt. Now we have limited but highly paid players who put more effort in to talking themselves up in the press than actually delivering on the pitch.

Massive changes are required at Ibrox. IMO this is not going to happen without the fans acting to bring it about. It worked for celtc in the 90s and look how much good it has done them. Again history highlights how the balance of power has dramatically swung from the south west to the north east of Glasgow in the period following their fan revolt. Their actions was the catalyst that led to the position we are in today - playing a distant second place to a very poor but dominant celtc.

Of course, I must be a tim, or declan as you seem to prefer, for daring to highlight such a thing but it is a fact.

I stay away because I do not recognize Murray Rangers as the club I grew up with and have supported for over 35 years. After years of following with blind loyalty I now don't because quite simply I refuse to condone or financially contibute to what I see as the slow death of a once great institution.

I will be back but not until Murray, Bain and Smith are consigned to the pages of our history.

And I always thought that real Rangers fan knew that it was straits, not streets. Perhaps I should call you Declan.

I'd rather be a supporter that refuses to accept second best than one who simply follows with a mixture of loyalty and blind faith.

Honestly couldn't have put it better myself. :beer2:

I'd agree, Jiminez, because I've been through this afore.

But, Tonto, Declans pal, calls the bears cowards, claims our club is a joke, wants the support to sings song that will drag us into bother, says the problem with the club is down to the fact that no one supports The Rangers properly. Unlike him, that is.

But, mibbe you're right and I should be fairer on him. After all he thinks that if we organise a boycott like the 'successful one in the 80's' the club will be saved.

Must just be me.... :unionflag:

Let's look at your points:

1) I said the fans were cowards because after all the hype and internet bravado they bottled singing TFO. Please explain why?

2) I have justified my reasons why I think, at this present time, the club is a joke. You have yet to counter those points and explain to me why the club is not a joke. I presume that you are one of those fans that just can't take any criticism of your beloved club regardless of whether it is merited or not. Believe it or not, fans like you are part of the problem as to why we are in the mess we are in.

3) I want the support to sing songs that will get us in to bother.

We sung TBB for decades and it was the unofficial anthem of the fans. It was the first song: after a goal, when we won a trophy or big game; or when the team needed lifting.

All of a sudden we are told it is banned with no debate and thousands of hypocrites amongst our support wave the white hanky and stop singing it. This is despite many other clubs singing slightly different versions although they don't describe their rivals as fenians even though they openly refer to themselves as such.

Indeed those self same fans show their hypocrisy by continuing to sing about chasing 'fenian bastards' everywhere. One can only presume that once they catch the 'fenian bastards' that they will tickle them with feathers (probably white ones at that) because heaven forbid that they would draw 'fenian blood' when they caught them. Maybe they plan to say 'tig, you're it.'

IRA songs continue to be sung across the land whilst TBB is consigned to the pages of history.

4) I said that noone supports the Rangers properly, unlike me.

I take it you are an example as to why the Govt is trying to ban happy hours. Where exactly did I say that there is a proper way to support Rangers, nevermind that it is the way that I support them?

IMO the fans should act to initiate change because it is desparately needed to make the powers that be sit up, take notice and take steps to make our club great again. My stance is to stay away and not condone or contribute financially to a regime that is slowly destroying the club. Others may wish to do the same or vocally protest at matches. Others may be happy to watch and support Rangers finish 2nd in a 2 horse race whilst hoping that things will just get better.

Honestly couldn't have put it better myself. :beer2:

Thanks, at least I won't be drinking alone.

You need counciling mate

counselling doh