Generic Problems under smith thread

Fiogh

After plan A didn't work, no plan B

Resort to humping the ball up the park aganst defenders whose best attribute is heading

Failure to exploit other teams weaknesses - naylor and wilson at full back and NO wingers on to run at them (WTF)

Feel free to add your own.

Bringing on Laffery instead of Novo.

When things go wrong. The three of them just look as clueless as one another.

Not having the cojones to drop Barry backpass.

We were watching it and at one point Smith, McDowell and McCoist were just stood together looking blank faced at the pitch.

My mate goes "its like those f*ckin road men that dig a hole then spend 20 mins just lookin at the thing going 'yep, it's a hole'" :lol:

We were watching it and at one point Smith, McDowell and McCoist were just stood together looking blank faced at the pitch.

My mate goes "its like those f*ckin road men that dig a hole then spend 20 mins just lookin at the thing going 'yep, it's a hole'" :lol:

Yeah, it was not long after Lafferty came on. I said to my mate "Oh look, Walter is down from the stand, must be Novo time." 30 seconds later, Novo was warming up. It's just so predictable, it's sickening.

The thing is we looked good in the first half when we got the ball on the deck and passed it though them - sadly either Miller mis-controlled or Boyd was flagged offside - but if we had kept playing that way the goal would've come

Once we resorted to high balls it was game (and League) over

Yeah, it was not long after Lafferty came on. I said to my mate "Oh look, Walter is down from the stand, must be Novo time." 30 seconds later, Novo was warming up. It's just so predictable, it's sickening.

Yup - Lafferty on for whoever is at LM, and novo on between 60-70 mins.

If we know whats gonna happen, of course other managers will.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I thought he was being bold when he brought off Whittaker and put on Novo going 3-4-3 but seemingly Davis was put to RWB. I was rather startled that we would make one of our most forward thinking players run the length of the pitch to put a ball in rather than having him wide right for the remainder of the match. You may as well lose another goal knowing that you really went for it rather than keeping it at 1-0.

Add to that had issues with us passing back to McGregor and keeping possesion in our own half with 5 minutes to go when we should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them. Why not add a third - zero width from FB and wide players - no quality crosses or set plays.

I thought he was being bold when he brought off Whittaker and put on Novo going 3-4-3 but seemingly Davis was put to RWB. I was rather startled that we would make one of our most forward thinking players run the length of the pitch to put a ball in rather than having him wide right for the remainder of the match. You may as well lose another goal knowing that you really went for it rather than keeping it at 1-0.

Add to that had issues with us passing back to McGregor and keeping possesion in our own half with 5 minutes to go when we should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them. Why not add a third - zero width from FB and wide players - no quality crosses or set plays.

I thought davis really good in terms of work rate, tackling and general keeping possesion but everytime we needed to stretch the game wide he came inside leaving whittaker as our only outlet out wide :anguish:

Not really his fault as he's not a winger, but smith shouldve done something.