Would you accept this?

Its become quite clear the Walter Smith is not the man to take us forward so hypothetically if next season a Manager was brought in who would introduce a decent youth policy which would bring through young homegrown players into the majority of the positions

Unfortunately this would require time and effort to develope these youngsters into top players and mould them into a team - do you think you would have the patience to back something which doesn't guarantee instant success and possibly a few years of playing second fiddle to Celtic but, in all probability, will reap huge benefits in the long term?

We cannot go on overhauling our squad on an almost yearly basis, we cannot go on thinking short term with everything at the club geared towards finishing above Celtic. Given what happened during the PLG reign when he didn't bring instant success in a 6 month spell in charge we then went 10 steps back and brought in Walter who is well aware of what is expected by the majority of the Rangers support. Unfortunatley for him his signings weren't quite good enough so we are looking at yet another squad overhaul in the Summer where undoubtedly we will replace the mediocrity we have now with new and improved mediocre players. and on and on it goes.....

So would you accept a few years of transition for decent youth policy or are yoy happy with the way it is now?

We don't need to go down a route where we flood the team with youngsters. No club does, and for most clubs it probably wouldn't work. We just need to get the balance right.

We spent £2m on Whittaker. Is he really all that much better than a McMillan or Lowing if we'd blooded them in a couple of years ago ?

We spent £2.7m on Maurice Edu, to be our 5th choice central midfield player. Could one of our young players like Emslie not have been given the role of 5th choice centre mid and saved us that money ?

We have guys like Adam and McCulloch playing left mid this season. Lafferty out of position there. Is not time to cast them aside, well in Lafferty's case just use him as a striker, and bring in John Fleck to compete with Beasley for the position ?

I just think that it's little considerations like these that all add up, would result in our young players getting a bit more playing time and save us money which could be better spent in other areas of the team. We spread our funds too thinly, drowning the squad in mediocrity. We'd be better bringing in less players, of a higher quality (like Mendes and Davis), and trusting our young players to fill the gaps.

We don't need to go down a route where we flood the team with youngsters. No club does, and for most clubs it probably wouldn't work. We just need to get the balance right.

We spent £2m on Whittaker. Is he really all that much better than a McMillan or Lowing if we'd blooded them in a couple of years ago ?

We spent £2.7m on Maurice Edu, to be our 5th choice central midfield player. Could one of our young players like Emslie not have been given the role of 5th choice centre mid and saved us that money ?

We have guys like Adam and McCulloch playing left mid this season. Lafferty out of position there. Is not time to cast them aside, well in Lafferty's case just use him as a striker, and bring in John Fleck to compete with Beasley for the position ?

I just think that it's little considerations like these that all add up, would result in our young players getting a bit more playing time and save us money which could be better spent in other areas of the team. We spread our funds too thinly, drowning the squad in mediocrity. We'd be better bringing in less players, of a higher quality (like Mendes and Davis), and trusting our young players to fill the gaps.

Spot on. We need one or two QUALITY additions, removal of a lot of dross and the injection of two or three youngsters. Also play players in their CORRECT position.

This would be a good system - three or four quality players and using the Youth as back up and developing them that way. I wouldn't trust Smith to buy quality though

Spot on. We need one or two QUALITY additions, removal of a lot of dross and the injection of two or three youngsters. Also play players in their CORRECT position.

This is what we have needed for about 10 years - we are always 1 or 2 players away from being a good team - sadly no Manager has bought the right ones yet

would i fuck accept this or the way it is right now

its not hard for us to buy decent players and play them,its not like we have no option but to go with one of these two

if we went with that option and lets say the young guys became really good they would all get snatched away anyway so no fucking chance

Spot on (tu)

Though i would swap Aaron for Beasley ;)

its not hard for us to buy decent players and play them,its not like we have no option but to go with one of these two

if we went with that option and lets say the young guys became really good they would all get snatched away anyway so no fucking chance

so will the decent players we buy - whats the difference? look at Cueller, GVB, Boumsong, Bougherra (probably) - Rangers are a stepping stone to these players

The young players we bring through should have more Loyalty to us anyway

so will the decent players we buy - whats the difference? look at Cueller, GVB, Boumsong, Bougherra (probably) - Rangers are a stepping stone to these players

i just dont feel we need to and should be going down that road,with decent money we can buy good players,and ok they will probably leave after not too long but then we can sign more players like them

and i appreciate not every signing will be like a cuellar but it annoys me when we waste money on the likes of edu,velicka etc

i just dont feel we need to and should be going down that road,with decent money we can buy good players,and ok they will probably leave after not too long but then we can sign more players like them

and i appreciate not every signing will be like a cuellar but it annoys me when we waste money on the likes of edu,velicka etc

and on and on it'll go - squad overhauls every year

evrey year we waste money on guys like Edu and Velicka - no better than Furman or Fleck

And become a feeder club like west ham?

not a chance!!!

we are already a feeder team - any decent player we buy will be snapped up.

arguably our tow best players last season? Cueller and Cousin - where do they play now?

yeah but id rather we have good players and a good team with a good chance of getting success and a risk of them leaving than a team full of youth who when they develop will just be sold like the others

the youth just takes more time and we cant surrender to celtic for a number of years and then if it does come good get it all snatched away

not a chance!!!

arguably our tow best players last season? Cueller and Cousin - where do they play now?

yeah but id rather we have good players and a good team with a good chance of getting success and a risk of them leaving than a team full of youth who when they develop will just be sold like the others

the youth just takes more time and we cant surrender to celtic for a number of years and then if it does come good get it all snatched away

I dont think the youth will get snatched away - Rangers still have the pull of the Jersey

I would much rather have a team of Scottish youth playing for the badge than a team full of foreign journeyman with one eye on the Premiership

and on and on it'll go - squad overhauls every year

evrey year we waste money on guys like Edu and Velicka - no better than Furman or Fleck

i know what your saying but idealy we would have a balance,walter wont give us that and it is the managers' own fault for the wasted money,we need to buy 1 or 2 quality players each season with guys like fleck in there as well,unforunately we are a long way off that and are just a shambles

and to be fair both edu and velicka havent been given a chance,but there are players like mendes and davis who prove that going out buying players can be a good thing and they are certainly better than any youth we have

not a chance!!!

I dont think the youth will get snatched away - Rangers still have the pull of the Jersey

I would much rather have a team of Scottish youth playing for the badge than a team full of foreign journeyman with one eye on the Premiership

if they were good enough they probably would

and id rather have foreginers and youth winning titles than youth playing for the badge and not winning anything

No way. Thats why Arsenal cant win anything

We dont play in the Premiership though - and Arsenals time will come. As I said it needs patience

Fair doos. However at Arsenal the fans can except not winning the league for 3 or 4 years. This is not good enough at rangers

No way. Thats why Arsenal cant win anything

We dont play in the Premiership though - and Arsenals time will come. As I said it needs patience

Fair doos. However at Arsenal the fans can except not winning the league for 3 or 4 years. This is not good enough at rangers

I know this is why PLG got sacked after 6 months and we have Walter in charge - and why we will never, ever bring through youth players on any scale

not a chance!!!

if they were good enough they probably would

and id rather have foreginers and youth winning titles than youth playing for the badge and not winning anything

the foreigners and youth sounds like a good system - but this is also a system which may require patience.

im impressed at the way a team like Aston Villa bring in their younger players, its all about getting a balance giving the younger talent a real chance with solid more experienced players. having said that though they are usually just top half finishers and arnt expected to win the league every season so can maybe afford to experiment.