A case for the defence?

dummiesoot

In recent weeks we have dropped points due to losing very simple goals with little effort required from the opposition. Celtic, Dundee Utd and Hearts all showing our defence up for what it is, iffy at best, an accident waiting to happen most games, yesterday v ICT we were opened up more times than I care to remember.

We drop points and the threads are there for all to see, it's Boyds fault, it's fergies fault, etc... frankly my only conclusion is that a defence made up most weeks of 4 centre halves is not the answer, we have dropped points because we don;t force teams to work for their rewards, we are liable to gift at least 3 chances per game.

We cannot win the league with this defence.

It is funny when you consider that, statistically, we have the best defence in the league.

Th team with th shit defence always wins th league. celtic have won it with mcmanus nd caldwell for th last 3 yeers hoo are both shit

Long balls into our box from one side of the pitch to the back post be it from open play, free kick's and Throw in's even are our weakness. Carlos Cuellar would have delt with them last season even Big Marv would do a better job attacking the ball before it get's to the back post.

Long balls into our box from one side of the pitch to the back post be it from open play, free kick's and Throw in's even are our weakness. Carlos Cuellar would have delt with them last season even Big Marv would do a better job attacking the ball before it get to the back post.

thank god we dont have delap in our league.

It is funny when you consider that, statistically, we have the best defence in the league.

Th team with th shit defence always wins th league.

Good logic. I suppose ICT winning it is slightly better than the Tics.

Long balls into our box from one side of the pitch to the back post be it from open play, free kick's and Throw in's even are our weakness. Carlos Cuellar would have delt with them last season even Big Marv would do a better job attacking the ball before it get to the back post.

remember the Dundee utd game at Ibrox goal came from the long throw in.

remember the Dundee utd game at Ibrox goal came from the long throw in.

yeh i do. was a terrible defensive lapse and just altogether break down but if it was delap then we wud really b screwed

Spot on mate, broadfoot weir and papac are well below gers standard. The amount of times broadfoot gets caught up the park and is slow to return is scary. He always gives his marker far to much time and space to cross the ball over. New defenders are required this month..

The thing is that our defence wasn't even that good last season. It got rave reviews, but if you look at the facts in the cold light of day we ended up losing 7 more goals than Celtic did and scoring exactly the same. In saying that, I think the defence has done better this season than I expected it to do, but you have to be sticking your head in the sand not to anticipate that it'll cause us problems in the run in. We were exceptionally fortunate not to lose a few goals at Inverness and whilst we got away with it this week, putting in that kind of performance at Pittodrie or Celtic Park could be a disaster.

Our weakness agreed is long balls to the far post. Nearly always long balls from our right/opponents left that leaves Papac ball watching and Wilkie or someone else scoring.

Weir is not the presence in the middle he once was.