Are Rangers the biggest (most popular) selling club in the world?

Tontospal

As the title suggests.

Average attendance c. 50,000

ST holders c. 35 - 40,000

Largest British (perhaps even European) away support for domestic and European away games

Millions of fans the world over

Most fans ever to travel to a single 'club' sporting fixture

Largest away support for a CL group game

Racking my brains, I can't think of a comparative club throughout the world who are essentially a selling club. Is there one?

In the last 12 months we have sold our 2 best players and now, as looks likely, our highest goal scorer.

I'm not Boyd's biggest fan but selling our main goalscorer at this stage of the season is sheer lunacy for me unless someone else is lined up to come in.

Question for ST holders:

Is this what you signed up for when you renewed at the start of the season?

well looks like we are at it again the first bidder and a player is forced out the door how many times is this going to happen

we start to build a team and the transfer window opens and a top player for us is out the door the chances are its going to happen again in this window

this looks like a vicious circle are we not ment to get stronger after the window shuts surely thats what a team does thats ment to win titles

anyway looks like we are a selling club over the past few seasons it has been showing and the mhanks now show us how we should be treating transfer windows at the end of the day there club is run far better than ours at the momment

i can see them slowly pulling away from us on the money side of things and we need to get this sorted soon or we will be the second best team in scotland because league tables dont lie

Losing Cuellar and Hutton, and now Boyd?

That isn't what you pay for.

That's why I asked the question.

The fans who have paid for season tickets are quite simply being taken for a ride by Murray and Bain.

Yep. Season ticket holder here

Being screwed with no ability to reply

Every club's a selling club. You can't name one that isn't.

Fortunately, Boyd isn't one of our better players.

I'm sorry but I don't agree on both counts.

Are you including Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter in your assertion?

What about Peterborough who have turned down a few multi million pound bids for some of their players in the last 6 months?

If we were not financially mismanaged there would be no need to sell our best 2 players in an 8 month period or our top goalscorer 4 months later.

Boyd may not be one of our better players but he makes a massive contribution in terms of goals. A keeper may keep a clean sheet but you have to score at least once to win a game or trophy.