Wigan line up striker Rodallega

Wigan are expected to sign Colombian international striker Hugo Rodallega providing a work permit can be secured.

The 23-year-old is poised to complete a £4.5m deal from Mexican club Necaxa if Wigan's permit application, due to be heard next week, is successful.

"He's fast, about 6ft 1in, he's good in the air, rangy rather than thick-set, can score a goal - just a genuine all-round striker," boss Steve Bruce said.

Rodallega scored 15 goals in 36 matches for Necaxa last season.

His arrival is sure to create further speculation about the futures of Emile Heskey and Henri Camara, both of whom are out of contract in less than six months and have been the subject of transfer rumours.

Camara had been linked with a move to Stoke but said: "I am happy to play for Wigan at the moment.

"My agent has told me that there are clubs in the Premier League and in Europe interested in me.

"Stoke is a good club but I don't know about any interest from them.

o.gif

"I am at Wigan at the moment, my contract will expire in June, so it is normal for there to be speculation.

"By the end of the month it will be sorted out."

Whoever he plays alongside, Rodallega is confident he can adapt to the demands of the Premier League.

"They have a very similar style to all the teams there - fast, strong, tough," he said of the Wigan style of play.

"Considering what I have and what I am going to learn, I will get to a team with high goals.

"I think you can adapt yourself to all the leagues. If the English league is not the best in the world, it is one of the best.

"It is a big challenge to me and I am mentally prepared."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7816674.stm

suppose to be a cracking player