Important Poll: Post Replies and Quotes

Canadaready

Do you prefer...  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Number of allowable quotes

• You prefer the new one (or two) quoted message reply system
    • You prefered the old system that allowed for multiple quoted replies

I can't see why anyone would like the new one more.

It's used on a lot of vBulletin boards too and it sucks balls. Now you have to go copy & pasting every post you want to quote into the reply box, and nobody can join in the discussion half-way through because they have no clue what you're talking about (because they can't see the earlier posts).

Although, I don't like people quoting 10 messages either, so can't you just put a limit on the amount of nested quotes to 5 or something, instead of reducing it to 1 quote? You can do this on most forums.

The old system gave more options so is superior and sometimes a few quotes are needed. I think you (admin/mods) would be better asking people to cut unneccesary quoting. At least you could try that for a period to see if it would help.

BTW...is this a performance issue? This forum does seem to slow up at times, at least it does for me.

Much better now CR. (tu)

Some threads were becoming tortuous to read with multiples upon multiples. Anyone wishing to have more than one quote in their post can still do it manually if they want to so I can't see anyone having real grounds for complaint.

Well I will include the 2 quote option in the first poll option.

We can give it a shot at somepoint.

Two quotes are nice.

Ok, here is what we are going to try.

I put a max quote limit in of 4 instead of the previous 10.

Let's see how this works.

I'd say two quotes would do.

But lets try 4, see what happens :lol:

Another..

And again..

A final one?

Not too bad, depends how much people write when quoted..

See what I mean about dafties.

:unsure: I was just testing it.

Doesn't look too crammed, but if people are writing long chunks of writing and then quoting it, and then another wee essay, that being quoted..

It could take up a large part of the screen, with constant scrolling.

2 could be the option.

Any chance the poll's could be sorted out? It's so frustrating seeing them go to the top of the board after some lurker has voted rather than a new reply.

That annoys me too :lol: someone bumped a year old poll the other day, just for one vote, that made no difference anymore.