Anyone know what happened about this?

Emerson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/3709888.stm

Rangers' £10m transfer fund

David Murray recently returned as Rangers chairman

Glasgow-born businessman Alistair Donald wants to plough more than £10m into Rangers to help fund signings for under-fire manager Alex McLeish.

The lifelong Rangers fan - who has an estimated fortune of £70m - has been holding talks with chairman David Murray for several weeks.

Donald said: "David will be attacking the debt and wiping it out very soon.

"So I expect a large proportion of the money I am pledging will go to the manager, Alex McLeish."

Murray will reveal the finer details of the share issue aimed at easing the club's £74m debt at Thursday's annual meeting, leaving most of Donald's cash injection for new players.

"I have been speaking to David Murray for some time with a view to making an investment which will be north of £10m," said Donald.

"I feel with the proper resources Alex McLeish can take Rangers even further in the Premier League and in Europe."

Donald made his fortune with internet companies in Europe and America in the 1990s and, now that he plans semi-retirement when he turns 50 next week, he is keen to buy an interest in the club he has supported all his life.

Murray confirmed that talks have been ongoing over recent weeks.

"We have been having amicable discussions over a period of weeks now and I look forward to a profitable outcome in due course," he said.

"We're determined to get the club back on a strong financial footing and help the manager and the team further their ambitions at home and abroad."

I believe that Donald did not receive the guarantee that the cash would be spent on players and so the investment was never made.

As Frankie points out, he is a director of Morton, and I understand that he goes to their games but hasn't put any cash into their club.

I believe that Donald did not receive the guarantee that the cash would be spent on players and so the investment was never made.

As Frankie points out, he is a director of Morton, and I understand that he goes to their games but hasn't put any cash into their club.

How gutted would you be if you were a Morton fan- director has a personal fortune of 70m, yet hasnt spent a penny on the club.

How gutted would you be if you were a Morton fan- director has a personal fortune of 70m, yet hasnt spent a penny on the club.

Yeah, I understand many Morton fans were expecting some sort of investment but this hasn't happened. It seems he has become a director as he is a friend of Douglas Rae.

This makes interesting reading - from the Scotsman. May be related to the question

ABERDEEN

Turnover: £7.52m

Wages: £5.15m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 69%

Debt: £11.46m

CELTIC

Turnover: £75.24m

Wages: £36.42m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 48%

Debt: £9.16m

FALKIRK

Turnover: £3.98m

Wages: £2.31m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 58%

Debt: None

DUNDEE UNITED

Turnover: £4.01m

Wages: £2.58m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 64%

Debt:£7.28m

DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC

Turnover: £5.15m

Wages: £3.34m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 65%

Debt:£8.92m

HEARTS

Turnover: £10.32m

Wages: £12.49m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 121%

Debt:£37.57m

HIBERNIAN

Turnover: £9.85m

Wages: £4.06m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 41%

Debt:£2.88m

INVERNESS CT

Turnover: £2.88m

Wages: £1.35m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 47%

Debt:£20,000

KILMARNOCK

Turnover: £8.06m

Wages: £3.90m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 48%

Debt:£11.60m

MOTHERWELL

Turnover: £3.68m

Wages: £2.37m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 64%

Debt:£0.5m

RANGERS

Turnover: £41.77m

Wages: £24.26m

Debt:£16.54m

ST MIRREN

Turnover: £2.96m

Wages: £1.75m

Wages/Turnover Ratio: 59%

Debt:£1.37m

• Source: Price Waterhouse Coopers Annual Review 2008 (Figures from accounts for 2006-07 season)"

This makes interesting reading - from the Scotsman. May be related to the question

RANGERS

Turnover: £41.77m

Wages: £24.26m

Debt:£16.54m

• Source: Price Waterhouse Coopers Annual Review 2008 (Figures from accounts for 2006-07 season)"

Out of date by 18 months. 2008 Turnover, wages and debt were all increased.