Would you accept Rangers being a feeder club to one of Europe's Giants?

Tontospal

NO. Let's not lose anymore dignity than we have already. Remember not 3 years ago we were UCL last 16. That has to be the aim for us, and we won't achieve that by sucking up to the big ones.

What's this dignity thing coming from though? Many on here were shitting themselves with excitement when we signed little Aaron (the Valencia reserve) in the summer.

Even when (then) Man Utd reserve, Johnny Evans, was linked last summer, many were desperate to see him sign up. Hell, it wasn't so long ago that i started a thread suggesting we take a look at Dani Parejo from Castilla before he signed for QPR.

I wouldn't like to see this happen but is it a viable short term option?

I believe that we have the potential to be a serious player on the European stage but only if we get the right people in the Boardroom, in the dugout and on the pitch.

There is no reason why this can't be the case. Even during our 'downsizing' period we have spent millions. Unfortunately it has been to people who have quite simply not been up to the job. This includes Bain, McLeish, PLG, Smith and the coaches and players that have earned millons whilst an average celtc side have dominated most of the last decade.

Tens, if not hundreds, of millions have been squandered over the last 10 years on people who have not delivered. As a result, we again find ourselves in a perilous financial position with only old 'smoke and mirrors' knowing the true position.

Make no mistake about it Rangers are in a dire position and need something drastic to happen to reverse the situation. An average celtc side are on course for 4 in a row and who knows how many more, we have an owner who has been trying to get shot of the club for a number of years, a manager whose best days are well in the past and an imbalanced squad of overpaid, underachieving players that continually fail to deliver.

With no potential buyer on the horizon is it time for the club to engage one of the giants of European football with a view to becoming a feeder club for a period of say 5 years in order to give us time to restructure the club financially and develop a viable business plan for the future?

We have entered in to such ventures before with a Chinese and an Australian club, which granted have been unmitigated disasters and delivered absolutely nothing, but this time it would be with us, an established European club, as the feeder club.

I imagine that it would be an interesting and attractive proposition for us to provide one of the European giants with a competitive platform to develop their players/coaches of the future.

I'm not sure of the legalities regarding European football or what the position would be were we to draw our 'parent'

club in European competion.

A viable idea or a lot of nonsense?

Firstly you slagged the utter shite out of the Rangers support and now you propose we become a 'feeder' club?

10301%20Brasso%20copy.jpg

Wap it liberally on yer neck.

I wouldn't like to see this happen but is it a viable short term option?

I believe that we have the potential to be a serious player on the European stage but only if we get the right people in the Boardroom, in the dugout and on the pitch.

There is no reason why this can't be the case. Even during our 'downsizing' period we have spent millions. Unfortunately it has been to people who have quite simply not been up to the job. This includes Bain, McLeish, PLG, Smith and the coaches and players that have earned millons whilst an average celtc side have dominated most of the last decade.

Tens, if not hundreds, of millions have been squandered over the last 10 years on people who have not delivered. As a result, we again find ourselves in a perilous financial position with only old 'smoke and mirrors' knowing the true position.

Make no mistake about it Rangers are in a dire position and need something drastic to happen to reverse the situation. An average celtc side are on course for 4 in a row and who knows how many more, we have an owner who has been trying to get shot of the club for a number of years, a manager whose best days are well in the past and an imbalanced squad of overpaid, underachieving players that continually fail to deliver.

With no potential buyer on the horizon is it time for the club to engage one of the giants of European football with a view to becoming a feeder club for a period of say 5 years in order to give us time to restructure the club financially and develop a viable business plan for the future?

We have entered in to such ventures before with a Chinese and an Australian club, which granted have been unmitigated disasters and delivered absolutely nothing, but this time it would be with us, an established European club, as the feeder club.

I imagine that it would be an interesting and attractive proposition for us to provide one of the European giants with a competitive platform to develop their players/coaches of the future.

I'm not sure of the legalities regarding European football or what the position would be were we to draw our 'parent'

club in European competion.

A viable idea or a lot of nonsense?

Firstly you slagged the utter shite out of the Rangers support and now you propose we become a 'feeder' club?

10301%20Brasso%20copy.jpg

Wap it liberally on yer neck.

As ever you fail to read, understand and enter into a reasonable debate about the topic under discussion.

The very first line stated that I was against the idea but I started the thread to gauge the response to the idea.

Many of our support seem to have delusions of grandeur well above our current status, which is a financially strapped club that is a distant second place (on and off the park) to an average celtc.

IMO Rangers need something drastic to happen because ut doesn't look as if Murray is going anywhere with no prospective buyers in sight and make no mistake he has no idea how, or desire, to make Rangers the biggest club in Scotland nevermind challenge in Europe.

Tieing up with a major club in whatever guise might represent a short term (3-5 year) plan to bring quality players/coaches to the club whilst giving us time to financially restructure and plan for the future.

At this present time Rangers are in a dire place and there is nothing on the horizon that reassures me all will be well anytime soon.

I think a lot of people don't like the term 'feeder club' which is entirely understandable, as it's a belittling phrase.

But if one of Europe's elite clubs- Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Manchester Utd etc- were willing to send us their emerging talents for loan periods, in exchange for first refusal on purchasing our emerging talent, then why not?

The problem is what's being done at Murray Park. As we all know a state of the art facility, but since it has been built how many players has it produced that would interest one of the top clubs from the top leagues?

Alan Hutton perhaps? McGregor? Fleck, potentially?

Who else?

No.

(tu)

Are we not meant to be classed as a giant?

In topical terms, if we become a feeder club, then, we DONT deserve better.

Perhaps a close relationship with one, as was mooted with Juve a while back, ok, but, thats it

I'm sure top teams would love to send their youngsters to the SPL and see them get crunched by the likes of Ross Tokely or Martin Hardie.

can just imagine it

THE next best thing coming from the san siro or the nou camp lines up for rangers in a freezing cold feb morning way up in inverness

first time the promising midfielder gets the ball he gets his career almost ended by a player who was given a contract because he was able to run through a brick wall without breaking his stride

No.

(tu)

Are we not meant to be classed as a giant?

In topical terms, if we become a feeder club, then, we DONT deserve better.

Perhaps a close relationship with one, as was mooted with Juve a while back, ok, but, thats it

In terms of history, tradition, fans etc Rangers are classed as a 'giant' but clearly, in monetary terms especially in todays climate, we're not. That may be hard for some to swallow, but it's stark reality.