Rangers Youths on Loan

joeli

I noticed the thread about Jordan McMillan doing well at the week-end, any word on the others, Loy etc.

Her's a wee bit about Furman...

Dean Furman will remain with English League Two outfit Bradford City until the end of the season after making a good impression since joining the club on a five-month loan from Glasgow Rangers in mid-2008.

The South African-born midfielder, who was in the Bafana Bafana squad which played against Australia in London last August, made only a single appearance in the Scottish Premier League last season but, until an injury in early November, he was a regular at City.

The 20-year-old pulled a hamstring during a thrilling six-goal draw with Barnet, but is now back in action. He tells BBC Radio Leeds that he has really enjoyed his stay at Bradford.

“I’ve absolutely loved my four or five months here,” he says. “It’s been hard times, but I got through it and I’m feeling good now. It was great to get back into action during Christmas. I felt good in those games, but I know the more games I get under my belt, the fitter and sharper I'll get.”

The former Chelsea junior, who captained Rangers’ Under-19s when they beat Celtic 5-0 in the Scottish Youth Cup last May, was very critical of Bafana Bafana coach Joel Santana after the Brazilian failed to give him or Matty Pattison a run during their clash with Australia.