Angry fans target Sir David Murray

I dont recall 'David Murray Must Go' banners when he WAS ruining the club spending £12M on Flo and the likes to keep us on top.

There wasn't because SDM making mistakes was a surprise. After all he'd just helped deliver one of the most successful periods in our history.

There were a few fanzine articles at the time questioning him but generally the fans still trusted him to do the job.

Unforutnately, with each passing year that becomes more and more open to debate. And that's why such displays of frustration are becoming more frequent.

I think the protests outside ibrox show the real feeling amongst the support, it's a tiny but voacl minority. As i said nopt one os us is pleased witht he4 current situation but most people would accept we are in llimbo until we can find a buyer. A horrible situation for all of us.

Political or not it caused other fans to chant his name when they saw it and I believe there were arguments.

The really anti chairman stuff exists in the main online, or through the fanzines , and I think sometimes these people lose sight of the support at large and even consider them to be uneducated concerning what goes on in Rangers.

I have read a lot of good analysis of our current position and of the chairman online but I have read far more rubbish from people that should know better. I guess what I am saying is sometimes the people raising awareness are not always doing g it for the correct reasons

I don't disagree with that as all fans are entitled to their opinions.

Quite simply all our fans just need to look at the league table for the last 7 years to see how successful we've been. Add in ongoing problems with the finances, then it amazes me that some supporters refuse to admit the obvious issues with the administration of the club.

Are there more constructive ways of protest than banners? Of course there are but perhaps such banners give an indication of whether these more constructive methods are worthwhile. Probably not at the moment but it if it lets of steam and helps focus the minds of the board then so be it.

I think the protests outside ibrox show the real feeling amongst the support, it's a tiny but voacl minority. As i said nopt one os us is pleased witht he4 current situation but most people would accept we are in llimbo until we can find a buyer. A horrible situation for all of us.

The protests were over 2 years ago now and circumstances have worsened. Still no league title and apparent financial problems.

I doubt attendance at such protests (organised or not) would be much more nowadays but I'd contend opinion against SDM has increased nonetheless.

Unfortunately, without a focal point (ala Fergus McCann) I agree the results of any such protests are likely to be minimal. Horrible only begins to describe such a position.

Political or not it caused other fans to chant his name when they saw it and I believe there were arguments.

The really anti chairman stuff exists in the main online, or through the fanzines , and I think sometimes these people lose sight of the support at large and even consider them to be uneducated concerning what goes on in Rangers.

I have read a lot of good analysis of our current position and of the chairman online but I have read far more rubbish from people that should know better. I guess what I am saying is sometimes the people raising awareness are not always doing g it for the correct reasons

I don't disagree with that as all fans are entitled to their opinions.

Quite simply all our fans just need to look at the league table for the last 7 years to see how successful we've been. Add in ongoing problems with the finances, then it amazes me that some supporters refuse to admit the obvious issues with the administration of the club.

Are there more constructive ways of protest than banners? Of course there are but perhaps such banners give an indication of whether these more constructive methods are worthwhile. Probably not at the moment but it if it lets of steam and helps focus the minds of the board then so be it.

Over the years i would be what is considered a "murrayite" (although it's a ridiculous name ;) ), I have said for two years that the club needs, a new chairman with a fresh injection of cash, new management from board room down and some fresh and innovative ideas on how to run the club.

The chairman had done an excellent job through the 90’s and the early part of this decade, securing big name players, outside investment, innovative ways of funding the club and kept sellck where they belong but this has all gone horribly wrong in recent years and when he stood down from being chairman I doubt he ever thought he was coming back.

I don’t think we need preached to on bedsheets by people at the game to tell us that things aren’t right at Rangers, we all know this, chairman included.

If the club wasn’t for sale I would understand this course of action but it is and after this last week I would imagine the asking price will be very reasonable

The protests were over 2 years ago now and circumstances have worsened. Still no league title and apparent financial problems.

I doubt attendance at such protests (organised or not) would be much more nowadays but I'd contend opinion against SDM has increased nonetheless.

Unfortunately, without a focal point (ala Fergus McCann) I agree the results of any such protests are likely to be minimal. Horrible only begins to describe such a position.

This really is our problem Frankie...does this person exist for us and if so why has he not shown his hand, i know things could get worse but right now it doesn't feel that way.

Rangers have pulled a few rabbits out of hats in recent seaosn to keep people attending, paul le guen, walter spending a few quid, uefa cup final, the odd league win...if we look like losing the league this march then there is no rabbit i have no doubt for the first time Since Sir David bought the club season ticket numbers will decrease and then we really will be in trouble

Over the years i would be what is considered a "murrayite" (although it's a ridiculous name ;) ), I have said for two years that the club needs, a new chairman with a fresh injection of cash, new management from board room down and some fresh and innovative ideas on how to run the club.

The chairman had done an excellent job through the 90’s and the early part of this decade, securing big name players, outside investment, innovative ways of funding the club and kept sellck where they belong but this has all gone horribly wrong in recent years and when he stood down from being chairman I doubt he ever thought he was coming back.

I don’t think we need preached to on bedsheets by people at the game to tell us that things aren’t right at Rangers, we all know this, chairman included.

If the club wasn’t for sale I would understand this course of action but it is and after this last week I would imagine the asking price will be very reasonable

What you write is very fair mate. I doubt any reasonable fan would disagree with the above in a general sense. Looking back we could be critical of how that investment was used but I'd much rather we looked forwards.

Again though, while you may not need such banners to be aware of the current climate, plenty fans don't appreciate or are not aware of how many fans do feel about the club. Their content may well seem condescending to some but it's natural that protest will appear even if the sentiment could be deemed unworkable.

It's very easy to say it's pointless but in the absence of any exiting supporter/club relations or dialogue, then some fans will feel they have little else in the way of putting across their view.

This really is our problem Frankie...does this person exist for us and if so why has he not shown his hand, i know things could get worse but right now it doesn't feel that way.

Rangers have pulled a few rabbits out of hats in recent seaosn to keep people attending, paul le guen, walter spending a few quid, uefa cup final, the odd league win...if we look like losing the league this march then there is no rabbit i have no doubt for the first time Since Sir David bought the club season ticket numbers will decrease and then we really will be in trouble

Totally agree.

We are in a vicious circle of the very worst kind and with every passing revolution this whirlpool gets deeper. And we're not at the bottom - not by a long chalk.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

was always going to be a difficult tie, they are top of the League, have decent players & a good young Manager.

At times you could be mistaken for thinking the Gers were playing in Blue, they passed the ball about very well, we didn't close players down & we nearly paid the price, thankfully Macgregor was on form or we could have been a goal or 2 down at half time.

We got the result on the night, I thought our midfield was shocking in the 1st Half, a bit better 2nd half.

Through to the next round ... :rangers:

Disgraceful banner aimed at SDM. In case any of these fans didn't notice, there is a global economic crisis and Rangers are not immune. Bad planning by Walter cost us. Not SDM.

SDM -- it might be time to go, he says so himself -- is an honourable man. More a man than those with the banner. There are others to blame for the current situation (Bain, Walter -- and those responsible for the Rangers Media machine). Not entirely SDM. He's an easy target -- and it's very easy to criticize.

Still a huge supporter and admirer of him.

Disgraceful banner aimed at SDM. In case any of these fans didn't notice, there is a global economic crisis and Rangers are not immune. Bad planning by Walter cost us. Not SDM.

SDM -- it might be time to go, he says so himself -- is an honourable man. More a man than those with the banner. There are others to blame for the current situation (Bain, Walter -- and those responsible for the Rangers Media machine). Not entirely SDM. He's an easy target -- and it's very easy to criticize.

SDM is ultimately responsible for our budget strategy of last summer.

Couple that with our lack of success over the last 7 years then the supporters have every right to question his stewardship.

A quick look at the league table and our finances tell the story.

Murray is ultimately responsible as he's the boss and the buck stops with him. Remember Bain and Smith and are his men and the 'media machine' is also down to him.

Murray is ultimately responsible as he's the boss and the buck stops with him. Remember Bain and Smith and are his men and the 'media machine' is also down to him.

It's interesting to note how some people credit Murray with 9IAR but won't blame him for the bad times.

He can't have it both ways.