Fleck will go

gordov

Fleck won't be going anywhere soon.

If he realises his potential, then sure a move to them somewhere down the line makes sense and for big money also.

Thing is, his development will be undoubtedly stifled here and hes knows the proper coaching and mentorship he'd recieve at Man U.

Fleck will turn out a good player, but not the player he would have if he was elsewhere, so we might actually get to keep him.

It's no secret this lad will become a good player, indeed he could become a great player.....but not under this manager.

For purely football reasons (and I don't blame him or his Da') they want/need to get away from the stifling coaching skills (hah) of Walter Smith, who, as a role model, is to coaching what Tommy Share-a-bang is to fidelity.

So True. Feel for the lad, he must know hes wasted here.

And this was months ago. Exactly the sort of things Fergie would do, did the same with Rooney.

I'm NOT saying its going to happen just saying i wouldn't be suprised.......

I was told a wee twist to this tale.

Fleck senior (and Junior) were on their way down to England recently (before New Year) to have a "chat" with a well-known Scottish manager of some repute around this parish and the Rangers management got wind of it - phoned them whilst they were enroute and told them they (RFC) knew what the hell they were up to and demanded they return to Murray Park immediately where a strip was torn off both parties.

It's no secret this lad will become a good player, indeed he could become a great player.....but not under this manager.

For purely football reasons (and I don't blame him or his Da') they want/need to get away from the stifling coaching skills (hah) of Walter Smith, who, as a role model, is to coaching what Tommy Share-a-bang is to fidelity.

I heard that Fleck's dad was "upset" that John had not been given any hope of first teeam action and made an ultimatum and a few weeks later Fleck is suddenly pushing for a first team start.

Is this the the other part of the tale?

What happened to the days where boys played for the club they loved before they even thought about going anywhere, like Le Tissier.

I wouldn't grudge Fleck bettering himself in the EPL but after at least 2/3 years for the gers minimum. Especially after buying his parents a house!

Le Tissier was a bit of a one off and actually some actually criticised him for his percieved lack of ambition. He was happy with his life though and I admired him for that.

Let's home JF does give us a few good years.

Le Tissier was amazing. If Fleck reaches that level he can consider his potential fulfilled. They're similar in role, but different in style. If he does that and displays the same club loyalty as Le God, then he'll be a true legend with the ability to raise us to another level. It's a long way off and that's something of a dream outcome, but I hear a lot about his love of Rangers and have seen a fair amount of him so it's not a totally unfeasible possibility.

Dnt think he will leave he is a future star at Rangers plus his family has history with Rangers

not being rude but history means feck all, money talks these days, fleck will go at some stage whether it is now or later, the boy has great potential and the lure of double / maybe triple the wages on offer in England will bend his arm, i hate to say it but there is no loyality in business never mind football these days, it's just the world we live in

ar

Dnt think he will leave he is a future star at Rangers plus his family has history with Rangers

not being rude but history means feck all, money talks these days, fleck will go at some stage whether it is now or later, the boy has great potential and the lure of double / maybe triple the wages on offer in England will bend his arm, i hate to say it but there is no loyality in business never mind football these days, it's just the world we live in

ar

SAF would not hurt his relationship with WS or SDM by trying to sneak Fleck away.

Yes he does want him & has for a number of years but is a man of integrity & will go through the proper channels to sign him.

He could put down a deposit & get first shout at him after he proves himself-these deals happen regularly.

This story has had a lot of twists made to it.Fleck and mcmillan were invited to old traford for the cl game and a look about the place.They were accopanied by flecks father and 2 of his mates one of which sits next to me in the govan,he told me about it when it happened.All was above board.

Since then flecks father has had words with smith and bum boy bain (not sure why he would talk to him) about the lack of first team activity that john has had as he thought he deserved more.Everybody can see now what the outcome has been a couple of starts and off the bench in the cup.

2 weeks ago i asked him if he had heard the rumour about fergie apparently making a cheeky bid for the 2 youngsters in question (£3m for both) he said it was just rumours and only that.But did say he wouldn't be surprised if a bid came in for him in the summer.