Shinnie wants to stay at Dundee

Ibroxblue

Andrew Shinnie wants Rangers to allow him to remain with Dundee and help their attempt to get back into the First Division title race.

The 19-year-old Ibrox reserve has been a hit since joining the club in November and Dens Park manager Jocky Scott will speak with his long-time friend Walter Smith next week to thrash out a deal.

Shinnie's loan deal expires at the end of this month but after getting a taste of first-team football he's eager to remain on Tayside for the remainder of the season.

Rangers have been keeping a close eye on the Scotland under-19 man's progress, with coach Billy Kirkwood watching him from the stand against Morton last weekend, but while his immediate future remains shrouded in some doubt Shinnie's only focus today will be in beating Airdrie.

He said: “Staying here would be my preferred choice right now. I would like to remain here until the end of the season to keep helping the boys out.

“I came here to get first-team experience and that's what I'm getting. We still have aspirations of catching the teams above us and if I can help the team do that I'll be happy.

“We haven't formalised anything yet and I'm just looking forward to the game on Saturday.”

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...044502?UserKey=

Andrew Shinnie wants Rangers to allow him to remain with Dundee and help their attempt to get back into the First Division title race.

The 19-year-old Ibrox reserve has been a hit since joining the club in November and Dens Park manager Jocky Scott will speak with his long-time friend Walter Smith next week to thrash out a deal.

Shinnie's loan deal expires at the end of this month but after getting a taste of first-team football he's eager to remain on Tayside for the remainder of the season.

Rangers have been keeping a close eye on the Scotland under-19 man's progress, with coach Billy Kirkwood watching him from the stand against Morton last weekend, but while his immediate future remains shrouded in some doubt Shinnie's only focus today will be in beating Airdrie.

He said: “Staying here would be my preferred choice right now. I would like to remain here until the end of the season to keep helping the boys out.

“I came here to get first-team experience and that's what I'm getting. We still have aspirations of catching the teams above us and if I can help the team do that I'll be happy.

“We haven't formalised anything yet and I'm just looking forward to the game on Saturday.”

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...044502?UserKey=

He's not going to break into the first team at Rangers so may as well have him playing for Dundee for the rest of the season. Good to hear he is doing well and enjoying himself there. Dundee are my second team in Scotland.

Let him stay rather than rot here. No point ihm coming back here before the summer.

Let him rot? There are better coaches, players and facilities at Rangers rather than a public park.

However, if he's doing well then let him stay.

I really like what I've seen of shinnie in the reserves. Would be good for him to stay till the end of the season, and hopefully once we've trimmed our squad in the summer, he'll be in the first team squad regularly.