Ok forum fans, we pick the team for Parkhead.

lancedeangers1

Ok boys i have read through most of the post Aberdeen match comments on here and i think i agree with the majority who are undoubtedly frustrated and pissed off with Walter Smiths team selections, formations and tactics, and his general gutless approach to matches.

There is a definite psychology involved in football, no greater is it evident than in the home or away scenario were the same 22 players could be playing and yet their approach is determined by where they are playing. Bearing this in mind highlights the fact that we handed Aberdeen several psychological advantages by altering not only our formation and personnel but also our tactics and mindset.

Would anyone agree the gap between Man united and Everton for example would be similar to the gap between us and Aberdeen?, but yet Man utd would approach the game playing to their strengths regardless of home or away, no? why are we different?

Forget for a moment the Dundee utd game and think of the old firm game, how would we as supporters approach the game in terms of team selection, basic tactics and formation ? Does it matter if we are behind them ? Would you approach it any different now after Aberdeen ? How much emphasis would you put on what celtic are gonna do?

It will be interesting to see the diversity in the contributions. I'll add my own at some point also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could pretty much pick the celtc team now - pace and width is the way to beat them along with keeping the ball on the deck. Set up for a draw or try to match them and they will beat us.

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Papac

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Naismith________________Fleck

Novo

I could pretty much pick the celtc team now - pace and width is the way to beat them along with keeping the ball on the deck. Set up for a draw or try to match them and they will beat us.

McGregor

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Novo

Straight away that would make the opposition reconsider their approach.

McGregor

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Novo

I like it (tu)

If we don't sign a robust centre forward capable of roughing them up then the best way to beat Celtic is to play 4-5-1 and hit them on the break.

Even on loan - we are crying out for one.

Quite unoriginal but for me it has to be same team as Falkirk

-----------------------McGregor-------------------

Kirk----------Weir------------Bough------Papac

Davis--------Fergie---------Mendes-----Fleck

-------------Misser------------Boyd--------------

I know Misser hasnt been firing lately but he has a history of doing against past teams with important goals. 1 v us, 2 v them, 2 v Hibs.

Novo for Misser on 60 if things arent working out.

(tu)

McGregor

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Novo

A like the look of that. Maybe changing Novo for Boyd though.

Here's the team i think he will field

-----------------------------Magregor---------------------------

--Broadfoot--------Bougherra-----Weir---------Papac

----------------------------M'culloch----------------------------

Davis-----------Ferguson------------Mendes--------Fleck

------------------------------Miller--------------------------

Look familiar?

Chuck Fergie out of Muff's team, replace with Edu (if hes back) and it looks no bad!

TBH if we could get Edu back to fitness, play him in a few sneaky indoors games (so the dhims cant watch him), they won't know what hit them.

How i would love that formation with Thomson instead of Fergie, we could honestly hump the bheggars with that

McGregor

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Novo

You have to consider Celtics weakness right now is in the air and you have picked possibly the smallest front 3 in the whole of the SPL.

Celtics last 6 or 7 goals on the trot have came from crosses into the box. Now i admit Boyd and Misser are not the best in the air but at least they would pose more of a threat than the 3 you mentioned.

Come to think of it.......perhaps this is a job for Lafferty up top (tu)

McGregor

Ferguson

Davis Mendes

Novo

You have to consider Celtics weakness right now is in the air and you have picked possibly the smallest front 3 in the whole of the SPL.

Celtics last 6 or 7 goals on the trot have came from crosses into the box. Now i admit Boyd and Misser are not the best in the air but at least they would pose more of a threat than the 3 you mentioned.

Come to think of it.......perhaps this is a job for Lafferty up top (tu)

So let's play continous long balls up to Boyd - McManus and Caldwell aint that bad, Dec 27th proves that!

Play that way against celtc and we'll get pummeled.

To be honest i think we played our tactical hand for celtic against the sheep and ive no doubts Strapon will know that. However we must be positive in our approach so i'd select the following.

M'gregor

Whittaker / Bougherra / Weir / Papac

Ferguson

Davis / Mendes / Fleck

Boyd / Novo